Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Pistol

OT: Midtown Development

Recommended Posts

Top Golf is looking at possibility of opening a location at Compton and Chouteau according to St. Louis Business Journals.  

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bills_06 said:

Top Golf is looking at possibility of opening a location at Compton and Chouteau according to St. Louis Business Journals.  

Link

omg this would be amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-are there new hotels to the area? 

There's the Angad Arts Hotel on Grand, and a Westin Element is under construction on Forest Park Parkway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

There's the Angad Arts Hotel on Grand, and a Westin Element is under construction on Forest Park Parkway.

-okay, thanks, hotel talk leads to me wonder where opposing teams stay when here to play The Billikens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-okay, thanks, hotel talk leads to me wonder where opposing teams stay when here to play The Billikens

probably the drury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-okay, thanks, hotel talk leads to me wonder where opposing teams stay when here to play The Billikens

I see teams often at the Ballpark Hilton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a lot of readers on here have been missing the BIGGEST Development in recent years, here in Midtown: the deconstruction of the University Core.  Revision has been much needed, but WOW be careful what you ask for.  SLUSignGuy will confirm my sense that faculty, by and large, don't like the proposal much, and are increasingly disgruntled and alienated from the process -- mainly because they do not feel like their views will change much.

https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2020/02/professor-warns-change-to-st-louis-university-core-curriculum-waters-down-catholic-identity/?fbclid=IwAR1O3ju3T9HbtrgRmsgllESEybBIo8xH3kmdIIzSSV2I5W9w5IAZ2vZne7E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Probably a lot of readers on here have been missing the BIGGEST Development in recent years, here in Midtown: the deconstruction of the University Core.  Revision has been much needed, but WOW be careful what you ask for.  SLUSignGuy will confirm my sense that faculty, by and large, don't like the proposal much, and are increasingly disgruntled and alienated from the process -- mainly because they do not feel like their views will change much.

https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2020/02/professor-warns-change-to-st-louis-university-core-curriculum-waters-down-catholic-identity/?fbclid=IwAR1O3ju3T9HbtrgRmsgllESEybBIo8xH3kmdIIzSSV2I5W9w5IAZ2vZne7E

So you're talking about core curriculum and not core campus? Wrong thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Still no bars on laclede 

Is the Humphrey's building still for sale? I can't find a listing anywhere. 3704 Laclede Ave. would be the address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Probably a lot of readers on here have been missing the BIGGEST Development in recent years, here in Midtown: the deconstruction of the University Core.  Revision has been much needed, but WOW be careful what you ask for.  SLUSignGuy will confirm my sense that faculty, by and large, don't like the proposal much, and are increasingly disgruntled and alienated from the process -- mainly because they do not feel like their views will change much.

https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2020/02/professor-warns-change-to-st-louis-university-core-curriculum-waters-down-catholic-identity/?fbclid=IwAR1O3ju3T9HbtrgRmsgllESEybBIo8xH3kmdIIzSSV2I5W9w5IAZ2vZne7E

Will not confirm this.  No one is 100% pleased.  But my sense is a vast majority of the faculty support the core proposal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

 my sense is a vast majority of the faculty support the core proposal.  

Really and truly??  I'm genuinely surprised to hear that.  I guess different spheres have different senses.  Q: is it possible to dislike the proposal but still support it??  Because you slightly changed my wording that way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Really and truly??  I'm genuinely surprised to hear that.  I guess different spheres have different senses.  Q: is it possible to dislike the proposal but still support it??  Because you slightly changed my wording that way...

Didn't mean to change wording.  Perhaps more accurately, most colleges would probably prefer the status quo for different reasons (e.g. the size of the core).  But I think there is a large recognition that we need to establish a common core for accreditation purposes.  With this, no one is 100% happy with the core, but most (not all) seem to find it to be a reasonable solution.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Probably a lot of readers on here have been missing the BIGGEST Development in recent years, here in Midtown: the deconstruction of the University Core.  Revision has been much needed, but WOW be careful what you ask for.  SLUSignGuy will confirm my sense that faculty, by and large, don't like the proposal much, and are increasingly disgruntled and alienated from the process -- mainly because they do not feel like their views will change much.

 

1stWorld.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Is the Humphrey's building still for sale? I can't find a listing anywhere. 3704 Laclede Ave. would be the address.

Pretty sure it is.

wanna go halfsies?

I say we turn that place into a batting cage bar. A smaller version of sluggers in Chicago. That would be sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Pretty sure it is.

wanna go halfsies?

I say we turn that place into a batting cage bar. A smaller version of sluggers in Chicago. That would be sweet!

Yeah it would. I'd be there for the grand opening for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pistol said:

Is the Humphrey's building still for sale? I can't find a listing anywhere. 3704 Laclede Ave. would be the address.

Still "For Lease" 

The a-hole is probably just sitting on the property looking to make bank on a future sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...