Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Pistol

OT: Midtown Development

Recommended Posts

unfortunately wellspent will be shutting its doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, wgstl said:

unfortunately wellspent will be shutting its doors. 

Noooooooooo!

That place is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Midtown, but still of interest to many here: Narrow Gauge is rumored to be moving to Botanical Heights (near SLU Hospital).  Not sure if they're relocating or opening a second location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Not Midtown, but still of interest to many here: Narrow Gauge is rumored to be moving to Botanical Heights (near SLU Hospital).  Not sure if they're relocating or opening a second location.

interesting spot, I wonder if maybe closer to the grove side of Botanical heights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wgstl said:

interesting spot, I wonder if maybe closer to the grove side of Botanical heights?

I’ve heard up near the hospital side actually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 6:59 PM, Pistol said:

Noooooooooo!

That place is great.

yep he dumped wayyy too much cash just to get it started.  Hurts when its all him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Not Midtown, but still of interest to many here: Narrow Gauge is rumored to be moving to Botanical Heights (near SLU Hospital).  Not sure if they're relocating or opening a second location.

Second location. They'll still be the house beer of Cugino's, but the Botanical Heights location would be the main production facility. This is in the very early stages, so nothing is set in stone and it would be quite a while before we see it up and running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The low key redo of B H is astounding. The first year the Post guy did his top 100 Lou restaurants all 5 in the Heights were in it. Guess it will be up to 6 now that the sushi place is open. That brewery location is on the far corner of that neighborhood. Is it going to be just production or open to the public. The infill housing that is sprouting up is impressive. Saw at least one of those over in the Grove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seams like a big deal for downtown. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2019/08/26/richard-chaifetz-plans-st-louis-expansion-for-his.html

Chaifetz's investment in St. Louis continues to grow. I could see this being just another step before something really big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

 

Chaifetz's investment in St. Louis continues to grow. I could see this being just another step before something really big.

I was getting the same feeling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This seams like a big deal for downtown. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2019/08/26/richard-chaifetz-plans-st-louis-expansion-for-his.html

Chaifetz's investment in St. Louis continues to grow. I could see this being just another step before something really big.

That reminds me, now that the MLS stadiums looks to be happening, Ross tweeted out a while back a question to St. Louisans.  Would STL be interested in major league lacrosse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ARon said:

That reminds me, now that the MLS stadiums looks to be happening, Ross tweeted out a while back a question to St. Louisans.  Would STL be interested in major league lacrosse?

nah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ARon said:

That reminds me, now that the MLS stadiums looks to be happening, Ross tweeted out a while back a question to St. Louisans.  Would STL be interested in major league lacrosse?

I mean, I dont care.  Not sure the rest of the cities feelings. I'd rather have rugby team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a lacrosse fan, so I would be in favor of it.  I just don't know if it is a good business to be in.  It seems to me that both the NCAA and Major League Lacrosse really missed an opportunity to build on the surge in popularity sport experienced about a decade ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am a lacrosse fan, so I would be in favor of it.  I just don't know if it is a good business to be in.  It seems to me that both the NCAA and Major League Lacrosse really missed an opportunity to build on the surge in popularity sport experienced about a decade ago.  

Major League Lacrosse is getting schooled right now by Premier League Lacrosse. At least that's what I was told by my buddy who played lacrosse his whole life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Major League Lacrosse is getting schooled right now by Premier League Lacrosse. At least that's what I was told by my buddy who played lacrosse his whole life.

Most of the best players have seemed to gravitate to that league.  I just really question how viable a league can be long-term as a touring league.  It is harder to invest in a team without it being connected to a city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brianstl said:

Most of the best players have seemed to gravitate to that league.  I just really question how viable a league can be long-term as a touring league.  It is harder to invest in a team without it being connected to a city.

That was my question to him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, brianstl said:

This seams like a big deal for downtown. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2019/08/26/richard-chaifetz-plans-st-louis-expansion-for-his.html

Chaifetz's investment in St. Louis continues to grow. I could see this being just another step before something really big.

Seems like STL and downtown in particular are starting to gain a bit of momentum.  It's great to hear about news like this, Build-A-Bear moving downtown, the Bunge HQ, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Box the Bunge North American HQ is in Chesterfield, a brand new building finished 2 or 3 years ago. Where did you get the idea they were moving downtown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Box the Bunge North American HQ is in Chesterfield, a brand new building finished 2 or 3 years ago. Where did you get the idea they were moving downtown?

He didnt say it was.  He said St louis and downtown.  Then said Build a bear was the one moving downtown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More immediately around SLU, the Old Oddfellows building is being converted to apartments and there’s a new apartment building going next to the recently completed SteeleCote Lofts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...