Moore & Neufeld transferring

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this is just a forum my wife and I enjoys when you guys talk good about our son Zeke. I know it probably is not a good idea to get on here an defend him, but I just wanted to be a voice and also get somethings off my chest. I am going to miss having him home, I am also going to miss going to the billikins game ...thats the hard part for me... I am going to miss running home after the games to see if you guys wrote something good or bad about him... but it was mostly good...

Big picture SLU is going to be really good ... Ford in my opinion is a great recruiter and coach ( He had Zeke playing defense like an upper classman,,,,god knows I did a horrible job demanding defense from him in high school)

Hey, ZM :) will be really good at that OVC level... worst senerio he gets 2 degrees out of this deal. 

Oh, btw... for the guy that said I was a horrible high school coach lol I will be back on the bench soon. You will have the opportunity to talk bad about my coaching abilities soon.. lol it will be made official on the 28th.... 

I planned on keeping my billikins forum membership so I can defend our local guys when I see fit. 

Thanks for the voice and Good luck.. You guys are a good voice that fans like myself love to hear. 

@Zeke's Dad Really appreciate you posting here.  I'll echo others in saying that I think Zeke will have a great career in the OVC.  I also think there was a place for him at SLU.

As I general rule, I would say to avoid reading interest message boards / blogs / forums / whatever as a parent of a player (and especially as a player).  People on the internet are not their best selves and often post stupid things they wouldn't say in real life or get caught up in the moment after a pivotal play in a game goes bad.  If you are going to read, please take everything with a grain of salt.

Edit: your 2nd post shows that you understand this and seem to be lighthearted about it.  That's good.

Most are better programs than SLU, just look at their NCAA tournament appearances vs how many times SLU have been there. 

This is not intended to be a knock against Zeke and arguing the status of SLU's program seems silly here, but in my (admittedly biased) opinion SLU is a better program than all others on your list with exception of UNLV.  The A-10 is a better league (much better in some cases) than the Valley, OVC, Southern, MAC and WAC.  It is at least as good as the American and the MWC.

NCAA appearances (wins) in the last 10 years (anything else is pretty much ancient history and if we're including it you get into the SLU NIT / national championship arguement):

SLU - 3 (3)

Illinois State - zero

Indiana State - 1 (zero)

Murray State - 2 (2)

Chattanooga - 2 (zero)

Tulsa - 2 (zero)

UNLV - 5 (1)

NMSU - 6 (zero)

Toledo - zero

Ball State - zero 

So SLU has the 3rd most NCAA appearances in the last 10 years and the most NCAA wins of any of these schools.  Add in a similar or better conference and Chaifetz arena which I'm assuming is as good as or better than the other schools facilities and I think SLU's program is better (again excepting UNLV).

It is telling that you don't see SLU's program as better than these other schools though.  I hope Coach Ford will change that perception going forward.

I liked Zeke as a player. Showed good energy and potential.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in negative comments made here. The vast majority of people on the board are both supporters of the program and the players.  The negative posters get more play time now because it is the off season. I don't think their comments are representative of the overall makeup of the board.  I think most here liked and supported Zeke.

As for Tenn Tech...they are a mirror of SLU at this time....Similar records...  TT finished 10-20....Both SLU and TT finished with a grade of D....Had TT and the Bills played on a neutral site at the end of the season....the game would have been even.  As you can see in the Bills case ...past grade performance is no indication of future grades...things can change quickly in college BB. The main thing in choosing a college is that you find a good match....between the player and the school and the player and the basketball program. It looks like at this point a match was found with TT and Zeke.

As for Zeke's potential... I think it looks promising. His current slash line is 37/ 39/ 77...nice shooting numbers. To be a ranked player in FTs and 3pt shooting ....you need to play in 75% of the games and make 2.5 shots(FTs and/or 3pt)  / game. Zeke is currently at 1.1FTM and 0 .9    3PMade. If he can boost either of those stats to 2.5 made and hold on to his current slash line he could be a top 100 player in either or both of those categories.  Bottom line...he has good potential. I also like that his TO ratio is less than 1/game...takes care of the ball....something the Bills needed.

I wish Zeke the best and hope he is able to reach that potential once he starts to play again.

9 hours ago, Zeke's Dad said:

Relationship: Although Ford was a good coach he was not the coach that recruited Zeke. This means there were never a good relationship between Moore family and coach Ford's staff. There was never any issues, Zeke gave his all both on and off the court.

This is what I have noticed throughout the season, all of what you said. I feel like I have to point out to the posters because they didn't see it. The fact that a walk on was getting more playing time and starting spot over Zeke in a down year showed me that Ford didn't view Zeke as his player, rather one he inherited which in my opinion lead to low playing time during games where he could have played the entire game. "Ford gave JJ a shot so why not Zeke" was what lead me to believe that Zeke might seek elsewhere. Zeke is truly a really nice kid and a player I see who could develop to a very very high ceiling. He represented the program well. The anger comes from having to defend opinions on the future and is never directed at Zeke, rather he was caught in the crossfire. I wish him the best wherever he goes. 

I thought UNLV was high major but Tennessee Tech might fit his play style. I don't know

Goodwin Jersey: Zeke told him that he can have 23 because he knew he will not be at SLU next year.

29 minutes ago, Zeke's Dad said:

Even though this is just a forum my wife and I enjoys when you guys talk good about our son Zeke. I know it probably is not a good idea to get on here an defend him, but I just wanted to be a voice and also get somethings off my chest. I am going to miss having him home, I am also going to miss going to the billikins game ...thats the hard part for me... I am going to miss running home after the games to see if you guys wrote something good or bad about him... but it was mostly good...

Big picture SLU is going to be really good ... Ford in my opinion is a great recruiter and coach ( He had Zeke playing defense like an upper classman,,,,god knows I did a horrible job demanding defense from him in high school)

Hey, ZM :) will be really good at that OVC level... worst senerio he gets 2 degrees out of this deal. 

Oh, btw... for the guy that said I was a horrible high school coach lol I will be back on the bench soon. You will have the opportunity to talk bad about my coaching abilities soon.. lol it will be made official on the 28th.... 

I planned on keeping my billikins forum membership so I can defend our local guys when I see fit. 

Thanks for the voice and Good luck.. You guys are a good voice that fans like myself love to hear. 

Hey @Zeke's Dad (G.M.), it's good to hear from you — and I see that you've been lurking!  I enjoyed the conversations we used to have when we both were working at R.G.H.S.  Yeah, a few of these good people had uninformed opinions about you, and I tried to set them straight, but — as you can see — they don't listen to me, ha!

Glad to see you'll be getting back into coaching ball.  I'm guessing you took a year off to be able to follow your kids.  I hope Zeke does well at Tenn. Tech and your daughter (I can never quite remember her name, as you may recall my missaying during one of our conversations) does well at (Illinois?).  Keep in touch.

What I'll remember most from Zeke's tenure (other than some nice splashy 3s) is the few games in the second half of the season where he played 18-19 minutes and didn't put up huge numbers but Coach Ford emphasizing unprompted in the post-game that, "We don't win this game without Zeke and the way he played." 

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This is what I have noticed throughout the season, all of what you said. I feel like I have to point out to the posters because they didn't see it. The fact that a walk on was getting more playing time and starting spot over Zeke in a down year showed me that Ford didn't view Zeke as his player, rather one he inherited which in my opinion lead to low playing time during games where he could have played the entire game. "Ford gave JJ a shot so why not Zeke" was what lead me to believe that Zeke might seek elsewhere.

So this is your apology to Mr. Moore and Zeke's family?  Trying to turn this once again into 'all about me'.  His post was aimed primarily at you and one or two others.

And it didn't copy, but in your original comment about the #23 jersey you stated that Zeke must not have any confidence in himself to give it up.  

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So this is your apology to Mr. Moore and Zeke's family?  Trying to turn this once again into 'all about me'.  His post was aimed primarily at you and one or two others.

And it didn't copy, but in your original comment about the #23 jersey you stated that Zeke must not have any confidence in himself to give it up.  

That is where you are wrong. I said Zeke is leaving if the number 23 is up for grabs. Then y'all thought you were right (you weren't) and said Zeke was staying. I said if Zeke was staying and gave up his number, he didn't have confidence in himself. That wasn't true because I was originally correct in my assumption. 

7 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

That is where you are wrong. I said Zeke is leaving if the number 23 is up for grabs. Then y'all thought you were right (you weren't) and said Zeke was staying. I said if Zeke was staying and gave up his number, he didn't have confidence in himself. That wasn't true because I was originally correct in my assumption. 

You are so wrong and immature.  Im done.  Im putting you on block.

Out

mhg

22 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Wrong.

You really need to grow up if you want to talk to adults on this board.

Congratulations are in order, for YOU. (Making this about You will attract your attention.) YOU have joined TrollPants on my Ignore List.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:33 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

That shows to me that Zeke doesn't have too much confidence in himself. I don't know about you but I wouldn't have a freshmen take my number, especially someone I would "compete" for playing time with

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

51 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Maybe I should be a mizzou fan like half of you on here. I will never apologize for wanting the best for SLU on here

You don't need to apologize for wanting the best for SLU.  What you need to apologize for is:

*Bashing college kids in the interest of proving you were right about comments you made days earlier on a freaking message board.

*Refusing to be properly contrite when you get busted by the father of a Billiken player who had to come onto this thread to defend his son

*Nearly ruining this board with your constant post defending your prior posts which were defending other posts in which you made asinine comments.  Have you heard the term "if you give a guy enough rope."  You navigate this board with so much rope, you don't know what part of it to use.

I'm not sure who is the worst troll on this site, Tillowsky, who is actually a troll that doesn't like the Billikens, or you, who likes the Billikens, but can't get out of his own way with regard to rubbing everyone the wrong way.  Here's some advice: post less and give some consideration to your posts.  If you get into a tussle about something, which I have before, stop posting about it.  The issue goes away much faster and most guys on this site won't remember it a day later.  That's much better than everyone knowing who you are for all the wrong reasons.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:20 PM, RUBillsFan said:

...or maybe they talked about it and Zeke told him he could have 23.  Goodwin wore 23 for Althoff.  My guess is he decided on 0 because Zeke already had 23, Zeke told him he could have 23 if he wanted it, and now Goodwin is trying to decide.

That shows to me that Zeke doesn't have too much confidence in himself. I don't know about you but I wouldn't have a freshmen take my number, especially someone I would "compete" for playing time with

Bah, copy and paste left out that it was you saying that. Just pointing out the post you were responding to in case you misremembered

Zeke's Dad, thank you for you posts. I hope you do continue commenting on this board.  I think your opinion would be welcome.

I thought that Zeke was a good pick up for us when he sigend, and I also enjoyed watching him this season.  His freshman year here put him exactly where you would want a freshman in your program: he showed us the things we heard he could bring to the table and he improved steadily throughout the year.  I certainly wanted him back next year, but I understand that what a fan of the Billikens may want may not be the best for Zeke.  I hope he has a nice career at TTU and I'm sure that he will get a degree that will serve him much longer than his basketball skills.

4 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Zeke's Dad, thank you for you posts. I hope you do continue commenting on this board.  I think your opinion would be welcome.

I thought that Zeke was a good pick up for us when he sigend, and I also enjoyed watching him this season.  His freshman year here put him exactly where you would want a freshman in your program: he showed us the things we heard he could bring to the table and he improved steadily throughout the year.  I certainly wanted him back next year, but I understand that what a fan of the Billikens may want may not be the best for Zeke.  I hope he has a nice career at TTU and I'm sure that he will get a degree that will serve him much longer than his basketball skills.

+1 well said

Good post and good luck in getting back to coaching.

Interesting quote from Moore on the article linked on this board's Latest News.  As we already know, Maurice Scott hasn't a clue as to what went on at SLU.  This provides further proof.

Moore played in 29 games last season for the Billikens and averaged just over 5.0 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. He said he talked it over with his family at spring break and decided to transfer.