Moore & Neufeld transferring

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

We need to change this thread before it turns nasty. and I'll be the one leading the charge. I'm surprised you would post that trash, of course some dumb ass comedian saying something makes it true. I know white racists and I know black racists. There are idiots of all colors.

I really don't want to make this any worse, so let me just say this.

Yes, there are people with racial bias among all ethnicities, and (excluding personal preferences) they're all horrible attitudes.  I'm not defending or excusing any person with hateful racial bias.  But racism is 10 times worse.  It affects a whole culture.  White people have not been victims of racism.

8 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yes, there are people with racial bias among all ethnicities, and (excluding personal preferences) they're all horrible attitudes.  I'm not defending or excusing any person with hateful racial bias.  But racism is 10 times worse.  It affects a whole culture.  White people have not been victims of racism.

I get your point and can't disagree ... However, no one can step back in time and change the past. I don't believe we live in a world free of racism, and I doubt we will in my life time which is sad. Also racism isn't the cause of all problems and it seems to be the blame more and more lately. We seem to have taken a step backwards and I don't understand or get it. Either way I get your point and don't believe you were trying to make a remark with the intent of stirring things up. This is a conversation for people much smarter than me and I hope as a society we start moving closer to solving the issues rather than further apart.

37 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Jesus, what a joke.  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like you are doing a lot of 'excusing'.  

My racism is not racism. My racism is justified racial bias.  

Definition of "racism" per the Oxford dictionary:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.   

Change the wording all you want there buddy... doesn't change that having racial bias makes you a RACIST.  

51 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Thank you - that is very hard concept for some to understand given their perspective.  West Coast - I think the key part of the definition you shared is "... based on the belief that one's own race is superior"   You can not like another race for whatever the reason - anger, jealousy, whatever - but as long as it is not because you belief you are superior it is not racism.  

51 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

That is one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever heard - and that is saying something when considering a lot of the nonsense that has appeared on this board over the years.

1 hour ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Jesus, what a joke.  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like you are doing a lot of 'excusing'.  

My racism is not racism. My racism is justified racial bias.  

Definition of "racism" per the Oxford dictionary:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.   

Change the wording all you want there buddy... doesn't change that having racial bias makes you a RACIST.  

+1, He did not want to make it worse but did with the last statement.

More important I wonder where Zeke will end up, does anyone know who else was recruiting Zeke before he signed with SLU?

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

+1, He did not want to make it worse but did with the last statement.

More important I wonder where Zeke will end up, does anyone know who else was recruiting Zeke before he signed with SLU?

Illinois st. and Indiana St are the only somewhat notable teams who recruited him according to verbal

20 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Illinois st. and Indiana St are the only somewhat notable teams who recruited him according to verbal

If he ends up at Illinois State with Milik, maybe it could be the start of laying the groundwork for a pipeline of guys Ford doesn't want anymore.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

He was pretty lightly recruited. Flew under the radar, IMO. I still think he's a promising college player with some important skills. Wish he was happy to be the 8th or so guy on the roster as a role player at SLU.

In addition to Illinois State and Indiana State, he had all the directional IL's covered (NIU, EIU, WIU), plus Drake, UMKC, Jacksonville State. Basically, regional directional D-I schools in conferences like the Valley, Summit, Horizon, Ohio Valley. If that's the level he ends up at, he'll be a really nice player. He reportedly had interest from Tulsa and West Virginia.

53 minutes ago, hoppybeer said:

Anyone know much about Amauri Hardy? He's a 4 star guard that committed to Oklahoma State who just reopened his recruiting. Apparently Ford was the main player in his recruitment but decided to stay when Underwood took over. 

SCOUTING REPORT
ESPN Analyst
Updated 12/12/2016
Strengths:
Hardy is a playmaking lefty combo-guard capable of playing both on and off the ball. He has a definite scorer's mentality and a lot of confidence with the ball in his hands. He can penetrate a defense both turning the corner on a ball-screen as well as in isolations, where he can break his defender down off the dribble. He has a full arsenal of maneuvers on his way to the rim complete with spins, floaters and crafty lay-ups around the rim. He's also a solid passer off the dribble who has the ability to create easy baskets for his teammates when drawing a secondary defender. He has good size for the position and is very competitive, an attribute that should serve him especially well on the defensive end of the floor at the next level.
Weaknesses:
Right now, Hardy is the type of guard that needs the ball in his hands in order to be effective but isn't yet a true point guard. He's a drive-and-score-first type of player, who isn't looking to distribute as much as he is attack. While his shooting stroke isn't mechanically broken, it also isn't consistent, neither from behind the arc or even at the free-throw line. While he has good size, he isn't a totally explosive athlete relative to other high-major recruits, and also doesn't offer much extra length. He needs to continue to learn to play without the ball, improve his jumper and develop the nuances of the point guard position.
Bottom Line:
He's a big lefty playmaking guard who has a knack for penetrating a defense and creating shots either for himself and others. He's not yet a true point guard, nor a great shooter, so there are definitely things to work on, but he has the ability to make an impact at the high DI level.

-6052735ccf6674df.JPG

Here is the most important part. He wears #4.  We don't have a #4, so green light!!

Amauri Hardy stats

2016-17 stat averages: 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 steals and 6 assists

Junior year averages: 21 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 6 steals

Sophomore year averages: 19-20 points (Only four games because of MCL injury)

Freshman year averages: 12-13 points per game

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

He was pretty lightly recruited. Flew under the radar, IMO. I still think he's a promising college player with some important skills. Wish he was happy to be the 8th or so guy on the roster as a role player at SLU.

In addition to Illinois State and Indiana State, he had all the directional IL's covered (NIU, EIU, WIU), plus Drake, UMKC, Jacksonville State. Basically, regional directional D-I schools in conferences like the Valley, Summit, Horizon, Ohio Valley. If that's the level he ends up at, he'll be a really nice player. He reportedly had interest from Tulsa and West Virginia.

I agree with you about Zeke staying and being a role player I enjoyed watching him improve.  I think Illinois State would be a nice landing spot for him because he would have a chance on getting to the big dance.  Thank you Pistol for the information.