GDT SLU vs Angry SBU

CBFan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderators can you remove the piece of garbage video billikenfan05 put out there?

Story of the game.  At 6:32 we are down 53-52 after Hines goes 1 of 2 from the line.  From here to the end of the game, we score 3 and the Bonnie's score 17.  Our 3 points were a Welmer FT at 4:32 and then Reggie's bucket at 0:02.  The heavy minutes are catching up with this team.

54 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Oh man, that's awesome.

Our bus driver got pulled over about 10 minutes outside of Carbondale my senior year. (2004-2005) He was a real character. Talkative redneck, basically. Cop made him get off the bus and they were taking forever to sort it out. Soderberg was pissed because it was a road trip he specifically planned where we wouldn't stay overnight either before or after the game, so everything was timed very precisely and the bus driver threw the pregame plans off. Of course, we went on to get stomped and he and a couple assistants blew up at some of the players in a way we hadn't seen yet that season. Lot of frustration boiled over.

That was the game where it finally set in that this was going to be a completely lost season. Got off to a rocky start by losing bad games in the Virgin Islands, lost a few close ones after that, got blown out at Gonzaga, and then the debacle in Carbondale before coming home to lose vs. SEMO. Then we lost at Iowa on NYE (drove home in silence as the clock struck midnight) and were 2-10 heading into CUSA play. The team actually wasn't as bad as the 9-21 final record showed, as we were 1-12 in close games (decided by 6 points or less, or in OT), and if we had healthy seniors, might have been a .500 team.

Anyway, I guess the point is that when things are already not going so well in a season, weird things (like unpredictable bus drivers) seem to pop up.

11 hours ago, thetorch said:

Why?

It is a billikens.com classic.  It was posted twice today.

You and I are not talking about the same post it was the post of the guy flipping off people and making obscene gestures I watched part of the Olean video and turned it off and that is not what I was complaining about.

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Chill man. Just ask me nicely and I'll take something down.

Will do next time.

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Oh man, that's awesome.

Our bus driver got pulled over about 10 minutes outside of Carbondale my senior year. (2004-2005) He was a real character. Talkative redneck, basically. Cop made him get off the bus and they were taking forever to sort it out. Soderberg was pissed because it was a road trip he specifically planned where we wouldn't stay overnight either before or after the game, so everything was timed very precisely and the bus driver threw the pregame plans off. Of course, we went on to get stomped and he and a couple assistants blew up at some of the players in a way we hadn't seen yet that season. Lot of frustration boiled over.

That was the game where it finally set in that this was going to be a completely lost season. Got off to a rocky start by losing bad games in the Virgin Islands, lost a few close ones after that, got blown out at Gonzaga, and then the debacle in Carbondale before coming home to lose vs. SEMO. Then we lost at Iowa on NYE (drove home in silence as the clock struck midnight) and were 2-10 heading into CUSA play. The team actually wasn't as bad as the 9-21 final record showed, as we were 1-12 in close games (decided by 6 points or less, or in OT), and if we had healthy seniors, might have been a .500 team.

Anyway, I guess the point is that when things are already not going so well in a season, weird things (like unpredictable bus drivers) seem to pop up.

Speaking of Methdale, apparently they spent last night stranded in a snow drift per a Stu tweet. (Wow, they've moved up in the illegal drug world. :) ) 

29 minutes ago, brownindians said:

OK, lets not lose the fact that the Brown Indians ( yes, we are proud to be Native Americans ) of St Bonaventure University has drubbed the Billikens over and over again. 

Just beat Dayton - see you in Pittsburg for the rematch!

Bask in it while it lasts... next year we going to the ship 

47 minutes ago, brownindians said:

OK, lets not lose the fact that the Brown Indians ( yes, we are proud to be Native Americans ) of St Bonaventure University has drubbed the Billikens over and over again. 

Just be glad the fans didn't lose this one for the team

56 minutes ago, brownindians said:

That's funny, considering SBU just evened the series at 10 apiece.