Observation from Down In The Valley

6 hours ago, MVP44MVC said:

It's fascinating how St. Louis University's perspective on the Missouri Valley Conference has changed.  Now, they are banking on a Missouri Valley coach and Missouri Valley players to get them into the NCAA Tournament next year.  I recall when SLU considered the Missouri Valley sub-par and rejected the idea of joining the conference.  The irony isn't lost on me.

Signed:

Down In The Valley

*Saint Louis University 

OkieBilliken likes this

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know......in 55 years of living I've never had to thank someone for their service and then look down on them for their crass stupidity but hey I guess everything happens eventually..........A-bomb brings out the best in everyone

ACE likes this

35 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You mean in the thread where almost all the changes I advocated have now come to fruition?  Where you repeated your feeble retorts about billboards and the Arizona AD?

Speaking of being put in your place, does DOC stand for Department of Corrections?  Are you responding from the prison computer lab? If so you're getting more than a spanking, I'm sure.

You advocated for 2 things. One was a forgone conclusion that you felt the need to start a movement of five people over. It wasn’t needed goofball. Your other target was May. He’s still here. No need to lie about something your proud of. And if you think these comments about me are funny or are somehow spanking me you’re nuts. 

2 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

You know......in 55 years of living I've never had to thank someone for their service and then look down on them for their crass stupidity but hey I guess everything happens eventually..........A-bomb brings out the best in everyone

You apparently don't know any Soldiers, crass stupidity is almost required.

Hey it's a slow day so just letting my friends know I haven't forgotten about them, some of them clamour for attention.

4 minutes ago, DOC said:

You advocated for 2 things. One was a forgone conclusion that you felt the need to start a movement of five people over. It wasn’t needed goofball. Your other target was May. He’s still here. No need to lie about something your proud of. And if you think these comments about me are funny or are somehow spanking me you’re nuts

Really? Didn't you advocate to have the complaints in one thread? Then when it happened you went into that thread to complain about complaining? 

You're right about one thing, May is still here.  Have we seen a different athletic department lately?  Yeah it's been a lot different.  I wonder why?  Hmmm, could it be the drum beat online by multiple sources that he should be fired? Could it be the national level embarrassing stories that leaked?  

Interesting choice of words buddy. When does the Department of Corrections computer lab close? Don't drop the soap.

22 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You apparently don't know any Soldiers, crass stupidity is almost required.

Hey it's a slow day so just letting my friends know I haven't forgotten about them, some of them clamour for attention.

Really? Didn't you advocate to have the complaints in one thread? Then when it happened you went into that thread to complain about complaining? 

You're right about one thing, May is still here.  Have we seen a different athletic department lately?  Yeah it's been a lot different.  I wonder why?  Hmmm, could it be the drum beat online by multiple sources that he should be fired? Could it be the national level embarrassing stories that leaked?  

Interesting choice of words buddy. When does the Department of Corrections computer lab close? Don't drop the soap.

You’re just not funny and you say irrelevant, stupid stuff. Nothing changes with you. 

MB73 likes this

5 minutes ago, DOC said:

You’re just not funny and you say irrelevant, stupid stuff. Nothing changes with you. 

Well that hurts because I think you're hilarious. It's why I haven't blocked you. I can't quit you.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

You mean in the thread where almost all the changes I advocated have now come to fruition?  Where you repeated your feeble retorts about billboards and the Arizona AD?

Speaking of being put in your place, does DOC stand for Department of Corrections?  Are you responding from the prison computer lab? If so you're getting more than a spanking, I'm sure.

I almost forgot where you advocated for SLU to hire the disgraced Arizona AD - thanks for the reminder 😄 That didn't come to "fruition" and Chris May is still in power.

And advocating for Ford to be fired - wow, truly visionary. No one else had that idea. So thankful you led the charge 😄 You couldn't even get your billboard up!

This was all about the big boys stepping up, which was no surprise. The adults took care of it. Meanwhile, the children were playing around with fantasies of "grassroots movements."

You are desperately grasping to try to be relevant on this board, so you've resorted to trolling for attention. Pathetic, but on brand for you.

DOC and Billfan7 like this

Just to add my two cents worth to this topic. May is still here because Pestello is on the way out next year and he is not about to do anything in terms of firing May. It will not be until the next president takes over before May may be gone, and a lot will depend upon the character of the new president.

21 hours ago, MVP44MVC said:

It's fascinating how St. Louis University's perspective on the Missouri Valley Conference has changed.  Now, they are banking on a Missouri Valley coach and Missouri Valley players to get them into the NCAA Tournament next year.  I recall when SLU considered the Missouri Valley sub-par and rejected the idea of joining the conference.  The irony isn't lost on me.

Signed:

Down In The Valley

SLU was in the Missouri Valley Conference .... I know you are but what am I?

13 hours ago, Old guy said:

Just to add my two cents worth to this topic. May is still here because Pestello is on the way out next year and he is not about to do anything in terms of firing May. It will not be until the next president takes over before May may be gone, and a lot will depend upon the character of the new president.

My two cents is that if Doc Chaifetz wanted May gone - he'd be gone.

HoosierPal and billiken_roy like this

15 hours ago, Old guy said:

So you are speculating what an unknown person will do sometime in the future.   

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I do not think he speculated on what they would do.  He was just saying that the new president will have a say in his AD and that is an important position, so I am sure it will be reviewed  I thought it was a straight-forward and concise statement (especially by OG standards).  He did not speculate that the new President would remove the AD. 

He only speculated that it is reasonable to conclude now that we have a new coach and no hint of a change at AD that things are in a holding pattern for the new President to evaluate.

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

I do not think he speculated on what they would do.  He was just saying that the new president will have a say in his AD and that is an important position, so I am sure it will be reviewed  I thought it was a straight-forward and concise statement (especially by OG standards).  He did not speculate that the new President would remove the AD. 

He only speculated that it is reasonable to conclude now that we have a new coach and no hint of a change at AD that things are in a holding pattern for the new President to evaluate.

Old Guy was/is a full fledged rider on the Radio Flyer get rid of May bandwagon. This is a repeat of a statement he has posted three or four times already. 

SLUMedBilliken15 and willie like this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Old Guy was/is a full fledged rider on the Radio Flyer get rid of May bandwagon. 

Because he's smart and an actual SLU fan 2 things others lack.  Stick to cutting and pasting, Pal.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

No speculation, the way I see it May will work very hard to be in held high regard by the new president. His job tenure will depend on it. 

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

No speculation, the way I see it May will work very hard to be in held high regard by the new president. His job tenure will depend on it. 

Nah - May will want to be held in high regard first and foremost by Chaifetz - a distant second…the 2 or 3 other boosters who matter and 3rd the Prez

This is the way the Pestello's administration has worked, you do not know how the next president will want to run things. And, by the way, this was not the way things worked under Biondi. Under Biondi it was his way or out. Assuming we are getting another Pestello is something we should avoid. Maybe the next guy will be a new Biondi, who knows?

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Nah - May will want to be held in high regard first and foremost by Chaifetz - a distant second…the 2 or 3 other boosters who matter and 3rd the Prez

We live in a society that increasingly lives by ability to kiss rear end rather than ability to perform a job properly. This is a major problem.

46 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is the way the Pestello's administration has worked, you do not know how the next president will want to run things. And, by the way, this was not the way things worked under Biondi. Under Biondi it was his way or out. Assuming we are getting another Pestello is something we should avoid. Maybe the next guy will be a new Biondi, who knows?

We live in a society that increasingly lives by ability to kiss rear end rather than ability to perform a job properly. This is a major problem.

Nah- we live in a society where money talks and bull**** walks.

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m here for Old Guy’s face turn. 

New World Order

Hollywood Old Guy Hogan

He can team up with me and Degeneration X to take down these two bit jobbers 

51 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nah- we live in a society where money talks and bull**** walks.

You know Dr Chaifetz is far from the biggest donor to SLU athletics correct?

He also doesn't work in the offices and isn't privy to everyday business.  He only knows what people tell him.  This is why his son thought we were signing a guy from Army who was kicked out for cheating and not eligible to play for any school.

Chaifetz also reports to Joe Conran on the BOT.  Everything has to go through Joe.

But keep going with your narrative that hides the fact that you supported a terrible coach and AD.

willie likes this

4 minutes ago, thetorch said:

You know Dr Chaifetz is far from the biggest donor to SLU athletics correct?

He also doesn't work in the offices and isn't privy to everyday business.  He only knows what people tell him.  This is why his son thought we were signing a guy from Army who was kicked out for cheating and not eligible to play for any school.

Chaifetz also reports to Joe Conran on the BOT.  Everything has to go through Joe.

But keep going with your narrative that hides the fact that you supported a terrible coach and AD.

I supported the coach? It was time for Ford to go and I said so. I simply called out some of the more extreme, ridiculous rewriting of history criticisms. It wasn't necessary. There was plenty of legit criticism to be had. I figured the powers that be would take care of it and that's exactly what happened. No need to get whipped into a frenzy with an impotent grassroots movement.

It appears you are still stinging from theOne scolding you for suggesting Ahearn was the leading candidate back in February.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

New World Order

Hollywood Old Guy Hogan

He can team up with me and Degeneration X to take down these two bit jobbers 

Maybe you can carry out your fantasy of "spanking" other gentlemen that you have expressed recently. 😄

On 5/2/2024 at 3:13 PM, TheA_Bomb said:

#1 you need to learn what irony is, it's an expression by someone that signifies the opposite usually for humorous purposes.  For example, "I love walking through Terre Haute in the rain." Love is italicized (that's the slanted writing) to highlight it as the key word in this ironic sentence. It's an expression that really means the opposite. 

Thank you for the lesson on irony.  Let me explain.  The irony in my statement is that while SLU didn’t want to be associated with or participate in a sub-par conference (MVC), they (SLU) went actively seeking talent (a coach and players) from that very conference, implying to me that they see value in it despite their initial reluctance.  The irony lies in the contradiction between not wanting to be associated with the MVC initially, possibly due to it’s perceived lower status, yet being willing to recruit from there when (SLU) needed much improvement, suggesting a sudden change in perspective or priorities.  

I think walking in the rain in Terre Haute makes your brain soggy.  Now, before you give me a lesson on what a metaphor is let me explain..."the rain in Terre Haute makes your brain soggy" likens the effect of the rain on one's (A-Bomb) brain to the sensation of becoming mentally sluggish or dull, implying that the rain can have a draining or tiresome effect on one's cognitive abilities.

Next lesson?