2024-25 Roster

13 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

It’s so early that it’s totally meaningless and a waste of my time to read, and their time to create in the first place

I'll read anything from someone that has us in the top 25 at anytime.  I don't care if we have a roster or not at this point.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

It’s so early that it’s totally meaningless and a waste of my time to read, and their time to create in the first place

I absolutely hate these way too early rankings.  

But then when I see us on there.... well.

11 hours ago, Soderball said:

I think it's difficult because Schertz needs a stretch but that can shoot the ball. A guy like SVB or Bruce would not be it, even if they did develop.

A 6 8 shooting forward like Hargrove would be more effective backing up Avila due to the style. Hello Kellen Thames??

If Thames can develop his passing game I could see him serving that role. Otherwise we have to hope to find a guy. But 7ft isn't as much of a requirement as the ability to be patient, pass well, and shoot the ball effectively.

So like a Jayson Kent

9 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

Ha! Fair point. Just thought I would pass it on

Haha sorry, wasn’t trying to shoot the messenger. I’m just thirsty for Conwell news, but I’m afraid he might be the one we don’t get. 

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

After 22-23 I think it’s wise we take a deep breath and just wait. All good things come to those who wait, so sayeth the Hoop Gods. 

Are you capable of being happy about anything for a brief moment ?

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

After 22-23 I think it’s wise we take a deep breath and just wait. All good things come to those who wait, so sayeth the Hoop Gods. 

Agree with much of this. A lot to be excited about, plenty of time to get hyped when the commitments start rolling in. But I'm pleased to see our name in lights again. 

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

I’m excited about Schertz. I think we hired Rick Jr. But right now there’s a lot of uncertainty in the college hoops world. Things will eventually come into focus especially in the A10. I do think if we land the 3-5 ISU players we’ll be a top 4 program. But as we’ve seen top 4 in the A10 guarantees only 1 bid. For a 2nd bid we’re gonna have to go like 15-3 and finish first or second. Then at least have to make the championship game in the tourney. My crystal ball can’t see that far out today. 

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’m excited about Schertz. I think we hired Rick Jr. But right now there’s a lot of uncertainty in the college hoops world. Things will eventually come into focus especially in the A10. I do think if we land the 3-5 ISU players we’ll be a top 4 program. But as we’ve seen top 4 in the A10 guarantees only 1 bid. For a 2nd bid we’re gonna have to go like 15-3 and finish first or second. Then at least have to make the championship game in the tourney. My crystal ball can’t see that far out today. 

What kind of non confrense games are we locked into? 

4 minutes ago, willie said:

What kind of non confrense games are we locked into? 

That’s an excellent question, what does our non-conference schedule look like right now? I don’t think there are many games we are locked into. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

That’s an excellent question, what does our non-conference schedule look like right now? I don’t think there are many games we are locked into. 

In one of his interviews, Coach said Illinois Stare was the only OOC game set. I’m surprised Utah State isn’t on there. I figured we owed them a return. 

He did say he is open to MVC teams, but would give ISU a few years before visiting that possibility.  I would totally be up for that.  Much rather play MOST, Drake, Bradley, than Lincoln, Darmouth, et.al.  You have to think SIUC would be renewed.

I’m up in the air as to how many P6 schools will put us on their sched. Will they look at us a good W or a really bad loss? Until we get our roster squared away I wouldn’t expect much news on our non con games. 

2 hours ago, Brighton said:

wow would never expect a statement like the above from you.   havent you been awarded the most negative and pesimistic billiken fan like 8 years in a row?

36 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’m up in the air as to how many P6 schools will put us on their sched. Will they look at us a good W or a really bad loss? Until we get our roster squared away I wouldn’t expect much news on our non con games. 

That’s probably correct. Get the roster squared away and then see who you can get on the schedule. I would say we do owe a favor to SIUE for letting us use their court in the WNIT, so maybe they convert that into a game with them. The schedule appears to be wide open.