37 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

ISU really got screwed by the selection committee. Not only did they miss out on a $2 million dollar payday but I would expect Schertz contract would auto extend and increase his buyout. It stinks, but this is just good biz by SLU. Like hiring Schertz from D2 was good biz by ISU.

We really got lucky that they got screwed. If they get in the Tourney, win a game and especially two (which would have been quite possible), then he's suddenly a national darling.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Stu Durando really pushes my buttons.  Even his stupid April fools joke yesterday re: mizzou vs SLU made me dislike him more.  

Then why do you read him?  Simply pass over his stuff and remove some stress from your life. 

Ironbills likes this

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Then why do you read him?  Simply pass over his stuff and remove some stress from your life. 

Because he needs the clicks. He annoys me as well but if the entire SLU fanbase ignores him than the post gives us less attention than they already do. 

But I guess when you aren't a SLU fan stuff like that probably isn't important to you I suppose. But ya that's why it's important  for everyone to read everything he does.

slufan13 and TheA_Bomb like this

5 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Because he needs the clicks. He annoys me as well but if the entire SLU fanbase ignores him than the post gives us less attention than they already do. 

But I guess when you aren't a SLU fan stuff like that probably isn't important to you I suppose. But ya that's why it's important  for everyone to read everything he does.

So clicks on this board counts?  Wow. 
I trust two less clicks wouldn’t mean Stu loses his job  

Bad assumptions by you. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So clicks on this board counts?  Wow. 
I trust two less clicks wouldn’t mean Stu loses his job  

Bad assumptions by you. 

Ya thanks for editing that post cause that didn't make any sense.

Again I wouldn't expect you to understand. I look forward to your post on a SLU message board celebrating the trees win tonight. 

slufan13 likes this

40 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya thanks for editing that post cause that didn't make any sense.

Again I wouldn't expect you to understand. I look forward to your post on a SLU message board celebrating the trees win tonight. 

Of course I’m for the Trees. Why not?  I like the coach and I like the team. You don’t?

Ironbills likes this

46 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

At times I'd rather get no coverage than get Stu coverage. 

thetorch and laker119 like this

57 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I don’t go outta my way to read him but I can read a tagline and tell it’s clickbait and engagement farming and it just frustrates the living hell outta me

1 hour ago, laker119 said:

Stu Durando really pushes my buttons.  Even his stupid April fools joke yesterday re: mizzou vs SLU made me dislike him more.  

You obviously don’t have a sense of humor .

2 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

The posters at sycamore pride.com finally realize that he is leaving, and none of them have anything good to say about SLU.  One went so far as to say that Schertz would have a hard time building a team this spring.  I understand the fans going crazy, but a lot of them don’t seem to realize that players seem to be able to transfer anytime they want without penalty and sell their services to the highest bidder.  I don’t think they understand what some of their current starters can earn on the open market.

They think $300-400,000 can keep their team together.  They don't really understand the kind of dollars that are being thrown around across basketball.

TheA_Bomb and CenHudDude like this

https://sycamorepride.com/threads/lebro-hcjs-the-decision-saint-louis-or-run-it-back.45870/page-50#post-377859

Open message to Sycamore fans......

I am still rooting for the Sycamores tonight.  You need to enjoy the ride and appreciate that Schertz will be leaving the program much better than he found it.  If it wasn't us, it would be someone else.  I expect in a few years we will be experiencing what it is happening to your program right now.  Good luck tonight and stay classy.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:54 AM, RUBillsFan said:

I just Googled & apparently APR (academic progress rate) is still a thing.  I had no idea because I haven't heard about it in a decade.  Maybe they stopped punishing teams for it being too low?

There is even a searchable database for a coach's APR (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/coachAprSearch)

Travis Ford

2021-22 955

2020-21 979

I guess they didn't count 2019-20

2018-19 938

2017-18 857

Josh Schertz 

2021-22 957

2020-21 978

Finally to show that APR still bullsh*t

Penny Hardaway

2021-22 1000

Cool good research

One of the best things about St. Louis is the colloquial use of the term "Hoosier" in place of red neck or hick.  Just hilarious and when I went to SLU, I adopted its usage 

Usage in a sentence:  "These hoosiers are slowing the TSA line down."

Variations when referring to multiple hoosiers:  [While at 6 Flags] "Look at those hoose-wads."

So it really makes me laugh the usage during that NIT interview.  Also love The Mad Hoosier from former St. Louis public access television, "World Wide Magazine".  You can find them on YouTube fyi.

Billiken Rich likes this

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

They think $300-400,000 can keep their team together.  They don't really understand the kind of dollars that are being thrown around across basketball.

Exactly.  They don’t understand 2024 CBB.

Looking like we'll be waiting a few more days for an announcement

Need the blonde fan in the Larry Bird Jersey to transfer to SLU as well

Lord Elrond likes this

On 4/1/2024 at 3:20 PM, slu72 said:

Chareleston is a nice place to live. Beaches, historical district, and top drawer restaurants. Kelsey and Grant success drove fans into complete sellouts. Granted their arena has been upgraded but still holds only 4.5k. I’ve heard thru the grapevine the deal is done. CofC got some buyout $$$’s from UL, $1 to $1.5mm. And that Mack would make $1.5 mm. Also, rumor is that Mack told CofC to start a process to get into the A10. CofC fans are really excited over that. So am I, as I have a friend who holds 4 season tickets to the Cougars. 

I’ve been to Charleston many times, and think it’s a dump. Stupidest state in the country, biggest cock roaches I’ve ever seen, and hotter than hell in the summer. Not to mention the mosquitoes!

VeniceMenace likes this