Coaching Carousel 2024

17 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Retweet X2. Trust the process and the end objective, and try to focus less on Twitter-driven rumors specifically regarding announcement timelines. The whole saga will end in a result that most will be satisfied with.

Sam Hinkie is on the board.

TheA_Bomb likes this

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Sam Hinkie is on the board.

Texas hired a NBA exec to be AD (anticipating the changes in collegiate athletics),  Steve Patterson formerly of Trailblazers and he bombed.  He just didn't have the right personality to deal with couldn't athletics.  But I like the idea this guy is sought out for his input.

I think as long as we have a coach working the portal and NIL within the next 2 weeks, we are good. Anything beyond that is our administration not understanding the current environment. But the ideal situation is to fire Ford today. Hire Schertz Sunday evening when ISU gets snubbed and then start selling the Avila SLU jerseys a week from today. 

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I think as long as we have a coach working the portal and NIL within the next 2 weeks, we are good. Anything beyond that is our administration not understanding the current environment. But the ideal situation is to fire Ford today. Hire Schertz Sunday evening when ISU gets snubbed and then start selling the Avila SLU jerseys a week from today. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

If Moser ends up being the guy, this could drag out for a long time.  His buyout if he takes another job is $6 million until April 1.  It then drops. Not sure how much.

Can you imagine how bad it would be if SLU/Ford have similar language and we are forced to hold onto Ford until April 1st?

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Can you imagine how bad it would be if SLU/Ford have similar language and we are forced to hold onto Ford until April 1st?

Luckily May knows how to write up a good contract - nothing to worry about here

JMM28 likes this

11 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Ford needs to be gone before midnight on Sunday. The portal opens on Monday, and any illusion that he will be here next season will only hurt SLU’s efforts to attract players here. The new coach might still be working, but a handshake deal needs to be in place sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Ford needs to be gone before midnight on Sunday. The portal opens on Monday, and any illusion that he will be here next season will only hurt SLU’s efforts to attract players here. The new coach might still be working, but a handshake deal needs to be in place sooner rather than later. 

I think all of us on here know that. The question is whether the administration/boosters/decision makers know that. There hasn't been a great display of understanding the current situation over the past few years. 

johnbj14 likes this

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

Retweet X2. Trust the process and the end objective, and try to focus less on Twitter-driven rumors specifically regarding announcement timelines. The whole saga will end in a result that most will be satisfied with.

-Let's jump as close to asking who, can you confirm that an offer to a new coach has been made and accepted?

29 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

A Schertz hire would be fantastic. Looking for a new side hustle so if we end up hiring him, PM me if you're interested in going in on a new Schertz clothing line with me.  Schertz shirts and shorts for the portly fella.  Anyone have an elastic guy? Avila would be a home run get too although there will be a lot of competition for him this offseason. I wouldn't bank on him following Schertz should he depart.

Schertz appears to be a more realistic hire but Mack is still my top choice for head coach. However other than Trilly's tweet a few weeks back there has been nothing to suggest Mack has any interest in the job. 

Soderball likes this

4 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

A Schertz hire would be fantastic. Looking for a new side hustle so if we end up hiring him, PM me if you're interested in going in on a new Schertz clothing line with me.  Schertz shirts and shorts for the portly fella.  Anyone have an elastic guy? Avila would be a home run get too although there will be a lot of competition for him this offseason. I wouldn't bank on him following Schertz should he depart.

Schertz appears to be a more realistic hire but Mack is still my top choice for head coach. However other than Trilly's tweet a few weeks back there has been nothing to suggest Mack has any interest in the job. 

His nickname is Dirty Schertz so...

45 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Oh I wouldn’t, unless the buyout drops at 4/1 like some had alluded too. 

I’m sure OU could be willing to waive the buyout if they are ready to move on.  It does them no good to wait either.  That’s what the lawyers and agents will figure out.

He’s 0-6 vs Texas and may miss the tournament for the 3rd straight year, chances are likely OU is ready to make a change. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

9 minutes ago, TRN said:

I’m sure OU could be willing to waive the buyout if they are ready to move on.  It does them no good to wait either.  That’s what the lawyers and agents will figure out.

He’s 0-6 vs Texas and may miss the tournament for the 3rd straight year, chances are likely OU is ready to make a change. 

This doesn’t surprise me, I always thought Moser is a great mid major coach but his style and recruits wouldn’t match the current P5 need, especially moreso in light of NIL.

3 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

Wouldn’t Duquesne be the second game?  Is there any chance we could beat Duquesne?

Yes and very doubtful.

Until the time comes when Ford is fired, I’m going to be annoyed because I view every hour that Chris May doesn’t have to officially fire Ford as a win for May, who I don’t like. 
With that said, once it’s done and if we replace Ford with a good coach, I’ll likely quickly forget about the fact that May delayed the announcement for a few days.

Soderball, slufan13 and gabriel like this

https://x.com/portermoser/status/1767358650287284556?s=10&t=y5s0r_iNM4LJOLVp71XTWg

I guess you can cross Porter Moser off the list.  Oklahoma gave him the bag! 

I love the guy but this will be a buyout/parting of ways situation in no more than 2 years.  Guy is already 0-6 against Texas and is coming into a very good SEC conference.  His seat is staying warm.

14 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

https://x.com/portermoser/status/1767358650287284556?s=10&t=y5s0r_iNM4LJOLVp71XTWg

I guess you can cross Porter Moser off the list.  Oklahoma gave him the bag! 

I love the guy but this will be a buyout/parting of ways situation in no more than 2 years.  Guy is already 0-6 against Texas and is coming into a very good SEC conference.  His seat is staying warm.

Many coaches have put out the “I’m staying” statement before leaving, including Porter at Loyola.  We’ll know soon enough whether he’s staying in Norman.

11 minutes ago, billiken class of 15 said:

Any word on Pat Kelsey? He was a big name last year but haven't heard a thing about him at all this year. Charleston isn't as good this year as they were last year but he's still a heck of a coach. Not necessarily for us, but surely someone could be interested, right?

The prevailing sentiment on him is that he’s most likely waiting for Xavier to open up at some point. He’s also a bit of an acquired taste personality wise, and spurning UMass at the last second like he did has made AD’s wary of him.  

brianstl likes this