Latest Ford Rumor

9 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-what about The Plan?

Probably safe to place in the “Non-implemented” file. Is the UHSP job open? What’s Harris-Stowe’s coaching situation like? Seems like they’ve been struggling of late.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-what about The Plan?

"The Plan" is to get Swope and Avila on the court and trash Anthony Grant.

I like "The Plan"

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Honestly don't see the point in firing before Brooklyn so it doesn't make a ton of sense to me but it also seems like thats the trend this year at other schools 

Yeah I wouldn't have believed it if it weren't for the other examples this year.

Honestly don't see the point in firing before Brooklyn so it doesn't make a ton of sense to me but it also seems like thats the trend this year at other schools 

With the changes to the portal and NIL players start dropping into it even before the Tourneys start. That's why it has changed from "back in the day"

Have to be able to start courting players ASAP. At a real forward thinking school the donors will be in communications with the prospective coach to start talking to players they want before the hire even goes through. NIL consortiums CAN RECRUIT PLAYERS per the NCAA's loss to Tennessee this year.

TheA_Bomb likes this

I have no idea if it's true or not but I think it makes perfect sense. If you are going to make a change it gets the ball rolling. It allows you to start the coaching search. Allows the players to enter the portal if that is their choice. Maybe a Tate led team wins a game or 2. 

1 minute ago, willie said:

I have no idea if it's true or not but I think it makes perfect sense. If you are going to make a change it gets the ball rolling. It allows you to start the coaching search. Allows the players to enter the portal if that is their choice. Maybe a Tate led team wins a game or 2. 

I think we can win a PIG. Gdub and LaSalle are pretty bad. Hope the boys pull thru for Hargrove and give him at least 2 hours more of hoops.

billikenbill and CenHudDude like this

38 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Congrats on a job well done @TheA_Bomb

I'll be getting drunk tonight to celebrate. We are back baby. 

Ha I wish. I think the overwhelming evidence on the court did the trick.  Nothing is over! Until May is gone too.

But what I will point out is that I did predict this years ago. I did support the team but saw that there was no hope after SIUE last season.

thetorch likes this

It makes sense to make the move one minute after the game in Olean is complete.  As others have said, get the new coach wrapped up even if not announced immediately.  Plus, start on NIL discussions with portal players.  

Last, play the A10 games with an interim coach.  That alleviates the possibility of people chirping to keep Ford if they win 1 or 2 games - the Pollyanna faction of the fanbase whose favorite story is the little engine that could.

9 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Ha I wish. I think the overwhelming evidence on the court did the trick.  It's not over until May is gone also.

But what I will point out is that I did predict this years ago. I did support the team but saw that there was no hope after SIUE last season.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xr49a5MBQexrvXus6

Only CTF could have done what has been done to CTFs reputation.

That said; not making the tourney last year was brutal. Yuri Collins for 4 years; zero tourney appearances. That team was hyped up; return of Perkins, Yuri, etc. .. he actually had some "workable" bigs he brought in as well to try and make a go for the dance. It did not work and we didn't even make the NIT with debacles like my SIUE Cougars on the schedule(which is probably still saving Barone's job to this day) ..

Bringing in this recruiting class and having this cataclysmic failure(including the Carbondale Calamity of 2024; 101-62 never forget) has sealed the deal. I'm sure goofball incidents like BurnerGate and DalgerFamilyMacedoniaEmergency haven't helped; but here we are. We are here. Time for a new chapter.

4 minutes ago, TRN said:

It makes sense to make the move one minute after the game in Olean is complete.  As others have said, get the new coach wrapped up even if not announced immediately.  Plus, start on NIL discussions with portal players.  

Last, play the A10 games with an interim coach.  That alleviates the possibility of people chirping to keep Ford if they win 1 or 2 games - the Pollyanna faction of the fanbase whose favorite story is the little engine that could.

I just made the alleviates point to a friend of mine on a phone call. I do think we need to have some scepticism that this is a done deal untill it's a done deal. 

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

One of these days trilly is going to be wrong and it's gonna cause a lot of problems. Hopefully this isn't the case where he is wrong 

Yeah, I’m wary of being the one off prediction for him.  But, he says he double verifies everything now.  Hopefully it’s not two people feeding wrong info.

11 minutes ago, TRN said:

Really like this point. One of the toughest things about supporting this program is that it can never be trusted to do the right thing with that "pollyanna" faction you describe. It gets really hard to root when you feel like every win could result in digging the hole SLU gets buried in.

This program should be making the tournament on a regular basis - not whatever tf we have watched for 8 years now.

Us keep Jim Crews for 4 years and not FIRING HIM after that third year disaster was emblematic of the kind of failures SLU has had repeatedly. There is no way in hell he should have had that fourth year.

TaLBErt likes this

5 minutes ago, TRN said:

We’re in the Show Me state, I won’t believe anything until it’s official. Like I’ve said before, never underestimate SLU’s ability to royally F things up.

"I'd rather be playing outdoors in Flippin, Arkansas."

David King likes this

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

It could just be an attempt to get ahead of things by a few days. Depending on who is driving making the call (boosters vs May/Pestello), it could be a little bit of a repudiation of May. My observation of the SLU athletic department under Chris May is that they view things very optimistically. In the last few years, SLU has salvaged several seasons by winning the A10 Tournament, with women’s team last year, men’s team in 2019, as well as probably a few seasons for men’s and women’s soccer. My theory is that because of these instances, Chris May views winning the tournament as a very real possibility every year now, and therefore won’t consider this season a failure yet, because there was still the chance that they’d catch lightning in a bottle in Brooklyn. Firing Ford before the tournament tells May, “this season was a failure. It’s over now”.

Also, don’t forget, I think it was in the lead up to the A10 tournament last year that May got on Cusumano’s radio show and made his idiotic comments in support of Ford. Firing Ford before the A10 tourney would seemingly prevent May from running those comments back.

Travis will still probably coach the team at the A10 tourney.  It will be announced that he "not returning" not that he is fired with immediate effect.