GDT: SLU v. Richmond

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

Jimmerson has only played 10 more career games than Jimmerson.

I know what you meant but considering it’s Gibby it makes it that much funnier 

brianstl likes this

At the beginning of the game I thought there might be a chance of doing  reasonably well, even if we did not win the game. Nope, we lost by 16. The TR Vegas inspired pregame spread in favor of Rich was 5.5 pts, so they went well over the spread.

It was nice to see Jimerson break all time scoring records. It was a tough game and we lost it. I really did not think we had a reasonable chance to win tonight.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Jimmerson has only played 10 more career games than Jimmerson.

Than Claggett, yes.

Saying Jimerson needed 5 years to do this is pretty misleading. He had a season-ending injury in his 10th game as a freshman. He only got 21 games as a sophomore because it was shortened by COVID. So by the end of this season, he will have played pretty close to what a 4-year player would play in this era (arguably shorter due to lack of postseason success).

The only difference is they played fewer games overall when Claggett was playing.

55 minutes ago, TRN said:

Our team has a chronic “stepping out of bounds” habit. It’s cost 3-5 possessions this game alone.

They have stepped out of bounds more this year than any year I remember. And I’ve been watching since 1970. Brutal.

Haven’t watched in months.  So tuned out.  Looks like we had high school attendance tonight.

Only thing I’m remotely interested in at this point is the head coaching search.  Very little matters outside of getting that right

1 hour ago, TRN said:

So, what was the announced attendance tonight?  Anything above 3,000 seems like a lie.

And the announced attendance number is total BS.  This is what a cratering program looks like.

9 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Haven’t watched in months.  So tuned out.  Looks like we had high school attendance tonight.

The box score shows 5,359 in attendance tonight. I had no interest in attending, but will be at my high school’s game tomorrow evening!

If you ever tried buying a house by looking at the pictures shown in Zillow, and then, after choosing a few, getting your agent to take you to see them, you should realize that the pictures shown are taken by a professional to show only the best angles that will make the house look its best. This is what they are probably doing with the pictures of Chaifetz, taking the pictures in the way it will look the fullest possible. I was not there so I cannot say what I saw, but the TV broadcast did not show a half full arena.

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

If you ever tried buying a house by looking at the pictures shown in Zillow, and then, after choosing a few, getting your agent to take you to see them, you should realize that the pictures shown are taken by a professional to show only the best angles that will make the house look its best. This is what they are probably doing with the pictures of Chaifetz, taking the pictures in the way it will look the fullest possible. I was not there so I cannot say what I saw, but the TV broadcast did not show a half full arena.

I’m sure the announced number was paid attendance.  It’s not the actual number that had tickets scanned.  They are using the higher number to look better.  

thatskablamo likes this

One of the biggest indictments of Ford should be that actual all-time good players like Yuri and Jimerson constantly get some sort of negative/criticism such as "Claggett did it in less games" or "Yuri took bad shots" or "Yuri was overrated" or whatever

2 hours ago, TRN said:

I’m sure the announced number was paid attendance.  It’s not the actual number that had tickets scanned.  They are using the higher number to look better.  

Curious how the student tickets factor into this. When I was there 2011-2015 you typically had to go in advance as a student to get a ticket for many games. For less in-demand and then basically all 2014-2015 season you could just walk in and flash your ID. In any event, there’s a certain number of tickets allocated for students and it wouldn’t surprise me if they include them in the attendance numbers regardless of whether the students show up or not.