GDT: SLU v. Richmond

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 28 Saint Louis (10-17, 3-11 A-10) vs. Richmond (20-7, 12-2 A-10)
Date // Time Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2024 // 7 p.m. (CST)
Location St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
Chaifetz Arena Tickets | Parking | Clear Bag Policy
TV Bally Sports Midwest (Alexa Datt, Scott Highmark)
Stream ESPN+
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History SLU leads 13-10
Game Notes Saint Louis

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Go Spiders?

Half joking, but if this means they win the regular season and not UD, Im in favor. 

That is a huge moral question: root for a Billiken victory (which will do nothing for our season), or root for the Spiders, which may have an extremely negative impact on Dayton? 

I guess go Billikens for me, but I understand the opposite side. 

CenHudDude likes this

The road for two A10 NCAA bids is for Dayton continue it's strong conference performance, maintaining a low NET, but to not win the A10 tourney.  Dayton is the only A10 school that has a realistic chance to receive an at-large bid.  Two bids would bring in more credits and $ for the league. 

For me, tonight's game doesn't impact that scenario at all.  I got no beef with Dayton, nor with Richmond.

With SLU ranked at 190 and Rich ranked at 85 by Team Rankings, the chance for winning the game with Richmond tonight would be a most unexpected, perhaps even colossal upset.  I would dearly wish to see the colossal upset tonight, but sadly doubt this will be the case.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

The road for two A10 NCAA bids is for Dayton continue it's strong conference performance, maintaining a low NET, but to not win the A10 tourney.  Dayton is the only A10 school that has a realistic chance to receive an at-large bid.  Two bids would bring in more credits and $ for the league. 

For me, tonight's game doesn't impact that scenario at all.  I got no beef with Dayton, nor with Richmond.

Richmond is currently an 11 seed according to bracket matrix 

25 minutes ago, Old guy said:

With SLU ranked at 190 and Rich ranked at 85 by Team Rankings, the chance for winning the game with Richmond tonight would be a most unexpected, perhaps even colossal upset.  I would dearly wish to see the colossal upset tonight, but sadly doubt this will be the case.

It’s certainly going to take a herculean effort for the Bills to repel the juggernaut that is Richmond basketball.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Richmond is currently an 11 seed according to bracket matrix 

I really hope the A10 gets in 2 teams.  Richmond is in the bracket today as the A10 AQ.  Win today they stay as the AQ.  Lose and they are then tied with Loyola and Dayton.  I'm not sure who the AQ would be then.

Richmond with a current NET of 72. Bonnie is sitting at 69.  Both can 'see the bubble' from where they are, but the committee seldom selects mid majors for at large bids if they aren't in the 40's.  Dayton at 20 currently would be safely in.  They have Loyola and SLU on the road and VCU at home prior to the league tourney.