GDT: SLU vs Loyola-Chicago

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HUH?!  PRESSURE AT THE 3PT LINE?!  CTF, this team can't pressure $h!t, let alone the 3PT line.... oye he makes my head hurt!

This post game interview is just brutal to listen to.  CTF sounds half clueless, and half DGAD...smh

4 minutes ago, TRN said:

I hope Drew told him how bad they all suck. Deserve it. Maybe Chris May can spin it as Loyola still doesn’t compete, educate and do community better than SLU! So there is that! Plus I bet THEIR softball team doesn’t have a team gpa of 3.7 as well!!!

Soderball likes this

2 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Should have spilled a drink on them.

So funny and sad part is May would’ve just laughed it off nervously, ran up and got them new drinks, sat back down quietly and took it like he did in tunnel last home game. Biggest wiener in stl right now. 

DeSmetBilliken likes this

5 minutes ago, slu92 said:

I hope Drew told him how bad they all suck. Deserve it. Maybe Chris May can spin it as Loyola still doesn’t compete, educate and do community better than SLU! So there is that! Plus I bet THEIR softball team doesn’t have a team gpa of 3.7 as well!!!

They are proud of their softball teams GPA as well.  
https://loyolaramblers.com/news/2023/8/10/softball-12-ramblers-named-easton-nfca-all-america-scholar-athletes.aspx

33 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Why are these announcers praising Ford? Hey, if u like him so much hire him. 

everyone likes a bad coach when he's the coach of your rival.  Like I said before, i loved Cuonzo at Mizzou.  Plus many announcers mistakenly believe fans of an opposing team will be irate if you criticize anything associated with the team.

22 minutes ago, TRN said:

Drew Valentine is one of the biggest see you next Tuesdays in college basketball. A jerkoff of the highest order. Harriman should have taken out his frustrations on his face. 

15 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Cue the I can’t even meme? Or we saving that for more special occasions (20+ point losses)?

Can’t overuse the meme.  The meme is for when we are on the bubble and lose at home to 14-10 st bonaventure and dash the at-large hopes.  This isn’t even like watching basketball. 

there is no strategy, no teamwork, no defense.  Honestly I set the line at number of players returning next season at like 2.5 with -169 juiced to the under 

51 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Meadows having a miserable game.

Strange that the dude who was picked off the scrap heap after getting booted at his second commitment of portal season isn’t doing well. 

NextYearBill likes this

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I cannot recall a worse SLU team on defense than this one. 

Im incredibly frustrated, BAB. I'm just done. This team needs to be purged. It's as bad as Crews. All the hope and optimism I had in the majerus era is gone. It's dead. It's bad billiken basketball. It's here and it won't go away.

thatskablamo likes this

11 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Can’t overuse the meme.  The meme is for when we are on the bubble and lose at home to 14-10 st bonaventure and dash the at-large hopes.  This isn’t even like watching basketball. 

there is no strategy, no teamwork, no defense.  Honestly I set the line at number of players returning next season at like 2.5 with -169 juiced to the under 

Good point 

12 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Im incredibly frustrated, BAB. I'm just done. This team needs to be purged. It's as bad as Crews. All the hope and optimism I had in the majerus era is gone. It's dead. It's bad billiken basketball. It's here and it won't go away.

We were playing a 2-3 zone down 15 points. Granted they can’t guard in the man to man. But playing a zone down 15 is mailing it in, capitulating. 

Thoughts from the game (my 1st game of the season):

My fiancé and I showed up an hour early.  Let me tell you this- if you think Midtown is dead, Rogers park has it beat.  The garage attendant genuinely had no idea where to get a drink pregame.  “The Bulldog” closed (where we went last year).  Astounding.  Not a Loyola bar in sight.  Pretty crazy.

Stayed around for warmups.  Interestingly, CTF wasn’t out there for early warm-ups.  Maybe this is normal idk.  I know he wasn’t game planning in the locker room though.

Loyola student section brings in.  Duke style where they take up the whole sideline.  Engaged and loud- unlike ours.

Chaifetz was courtside with May.  Larry legend in attendance as well.  Chaifetz and Ford were friendly pre-game, exchanging pleasantries.  Who knows how many handshakes are left.

We started out with 3 straight turnovers I believe (all bad).  Got back into it and held a lead for a decent portion of the half.  I thought defense was a little better than it has been in 1H.  Ezewiro has no touch around the rim - it’s amazing.

They took over 2H.  Des Watson is a player.  Their veteran guards played well.  They had enough inside for us too.

Pretty much what I expected.  Loyola -10 one of the easier bets I’ve made.  Decent SLU turnout fan-wise, nothing like last year.  Last year we dominated the building with S-A-I-N-T chants.  Not this year.

Hope it’s one of the last games I see CTF on the sidelines.  At a certain point you just know/believe you aren’t a very good team.  I think our guys know this

8 hours ago, Fraz said:

Thoughts from the game (my 1st game of the season): …

We started out with 3 straight turnovers I believe (all bad)….

Actually, a turnover, a Jimerson 3, two more turnovers, then a Hargrove 3. Three turnovers in 5 possessions, bad, 6 points in 5 possessions, excellent. Statistics can be weird like that.

More random thoughts:

Meadows was terrible last night. In the last three games we’ve seen Meadows go from slightly decent to just plain bad. OTOH, we’ve seen Medley go from just plain bad to slightly decent. Neither can score off penetration though, so I say sit both of them and move Hughes to the point.

Speaking of Hughes, he played D in the first half like a man possessed. In fact, I was really impressed with the intensity the team played with on the defensive end in the first half. Couldn’t maintain it in the second.

Eziwero had a miserable game, by far his worst of the year. His second foul at the end of the first half was as dumb as it gets. Completely undisciplined. He comes up short in that area and speaking of short, I’ll bet a dollar to a doughnut he’s not 6’9, even in shoes, as Corey Tate likes to say. Doesn’t look it on the court and doesn’t play it either.

When it comes to undisciplined, Sincere Parker is the poster boy for it. He does nothing within the flow of the offense, such as it is, doesn’t pass it, and takes some of the goofiest looking, low percentage shots a player can take. He’ll make some acrobatic buckets, but you can always count on one or more three point attempts from 28’, most of which don’t come close, and some crazy moves you wouldn’t see on the playground.

Jimerson’s a role player who’s overrated in all categories. I know he’s a hard worker and a good guy but he’s not athletic enough to be the go-to guy. Loy-Chi stymied him to the point he couldn’t get off a shot or complete a drive.

At this point, I’m not convinced the win total moves past 8.

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Actually, a turnover, a Jimerson 3, two more turnovers, then a Hargrove 3. Three turnovers in 5 possessions, bad, 6 points in 5 possessions, excellent. Statistics can be weird like that.

Our only 2 makes from deep.

Proceeded to miss 12 straight