GDT: SLU v. UMass

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 20 Saint Louis (8-11, 1-5 A-10) vs. Massachusetts (11-7, 1-4 A-10)
Date // Time Saturday, Jan. 27, 2024 // 7 p.m. (CST)
Location St. Louis, Mo. (Chaifetz Arena)
Chaifetz Arena Tickets | Parking | Clear Bag Policy
Arena Giveaway 24 oz. co-branded coozie courtesy of stltaxlawyer.com (first 3,000 fans)
TV Bally Sports Midwest (Alexa Datt, Scott Highmark)
Stream ESPN+
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History SLU leads 17-8
Game Notes Saint Louis | UMass

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Go Billikens.  Trying to be positive, but failing…

I'd really like to see a few more positive home wins for the sake of TJ and Gibby.  This is one of the better opportunities.

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Can Travis out coach Frank Martin? 

🤣😂 Thanks, I really needed that laugh!! Are you auditioning for standup or something?

20 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We win by 7. I'll let you know who "we" is around 9pm tonight 

Going for the reverse psychology effect here, so it’ll be UMass in a epic blowout.

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Go Billikens.  Trying to be positive, but failing…

you're being a realist imo.   the results we have seen the last two years are what they are.  i will still be at every game i can be at.  Hell i spent the last of my 2023 vacation time and paid for airfare and hotel etc to go support the team at myrtle beach.   in hindsight if i was just a basketball fan and not a rabid billiken fan, no way in hell i go to that tourney.  i could have easily been on a cruise ship or an all inclusive in the riviera maya and spent the same money. 

i'll be there tonight and be rooting for the one game win.  hopefully not another davidsonlike game.  but fellow mbm's dont beat yourselves up for supporting the billikens.  it's our team and the program will evolve one way or another.  sure enthusiasm and hope lessens, but it's our team and as the lord elrond expands, we need to try to be positive.   

as a wise old mbm once said years ago, "it's hard to be a billiken fan".   but it's our cross to bear and i already have my billiken blue sweatshirt on with my blue shoes and i am practicing my phone ticket presentation (i struggle with it every f'ning game).   at least the band always sounds good. 

Caught a break with the 7 PM start I have a trivia night tonight. So it will be the rare Saturday that I am not getting needlessly aggravated. Usually I would avoid the score and watch it when I get home but I don’t feel that is necessary this year. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

you're being a realist imo.   the results we have seen the last two years are what they are.  i will still be at every game i can be at.  Hell i spent the last of my 2023 vacation time and paid for airfare and hotel etc to go support the team at myrtle beach.   in hindsight if i was just a basketball fan and not a rabid billiken fan, no way in hell i go to that tourney.  i could have easily been on a cruise ship or an all inclusive in the riviera maya and spent the same money. 

i'll be there tonight and be rooting for the one game win.  hopefully not another davidsonlike game.  but fellow mbm's dont beat yourselves up for supporting the billikens.  it's our team and the program will evolve one way or another.  sure enthusiasm and hope lessens, but it's our team and as the lord elrond expands, we need to try to be positive.   

as a wise old mbm once said years ago, "it's hard to be a billiken fan".   but it's our cross to bear and i already have my billiken blue sweatshirt on with my blue shoes and i am practicing my phone ticket presentation (i struggle with it every f'ning game).   at least the band always sounds good. 

And tomorrow you can drink your favorite beverage in a SLU Billiken coozie, if you were one the first 3000 fans at the game tonight

56 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Search season might be underway sooner than we think. 

WE WANT BUCKY!!

9 hours ago, dlarry said:

Caught a break with the 7 PM start I have a trivia night tonight. So it will be the rare Saturday that I am not getting needlessly aggravated. Usually I would avoid the score and watch it when I get home but I don’t feel that is necessary this year. 

Same on both counts.

LaSalle just beat Gee-Dubya 80-70. That means that right as of this moment, SLU is the only team with only 1 loss in A10 play. If we win tonight, we stay tied for worst record in the A10, if we lose we assume last in the A10 all by ourselves. So that’s what’s at stake tonight, remain tied for last or stay in last by ourselves.

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

LaSalle just beat Gee-Dubya 80-70. That means that right as of this moment, SLU is the only team with only 1 loss in A10 play. If we win tonight, we stay tied for worst record in the A10, if we lose we assume last in the A10 all by ourselves. So that’s what’s at stake tonight, remain tied for last or stay in last by ourselves.

We wish we only had one loss L.E.  We only have one win.