GDT: SLU v. Louisiana Tech

SluSignGuy

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, thetorch said:

If your basketball IQ tells you Dalger is one of our prime defenders than most of the podcast goes well over your head. Better off not listening. 

I can suggest a couple books you could read about defensive theory that may enlighten you. DM me.

You’re clearly a clown. I’ll send you a book about circuses. You can put on your red nose and floppy shoes while you read it.

Billfan7 and billiCAN like this

6 hours ago, Dr Bird said:

more things to work on, but so nice to see a comeback against a La Tech team that did very little wrong out there. Team seems to be developing some chemistry together. 

La Tech is a good team.  They have a dominant big, a very good pg, an athletic wing who willed himself out of a funk to score 20 plus. As a team they had ZERO turnovers! (I would add whenever we almost had one a fouls was called) .  No they are not Duke or Purdue,  but not a cupcake. 

What I saw is potential in the first half. Over the game Brad was a little unfortunate with some fouls and it limited his effect in the second half. With home on the court we are a different team. 

love the TRO !! 

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Am I whining because we waited until 28 seconds in the game down 5 to show urgency? I’ll say it again, the Billikens winning is always the better option for me. I’m just not going to let myself believe again, self preservation. 

Seems to be a very snowflake attitude.  Buck up buttercup.  You are supposedly a fan of a mid major basketball team.  All you have is hope.  You know going in that each season will likely end in "disappointment."  If you need to protect your fragile feelings from disappointment then I suggest you become a fan of a team like Duke or Kansas.

I really do not understand how some people doomwatch their favorite team.  

17 points in a debut game for Ez. That's pretty impressive. Let's see if he sustains that and becomes a scorer at SLU. He only averaged 12mpg last season. Highmark remarked that he dropped some weight.  So there's a chance that he's developed now at his 3rd school. He's got size and weight to throw around vs A10 front courts.

11 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Jimmerson foul was never televised... Camera cut away. 

Gibby owes TJ a few at Humphrey’s 

Actually at first I thought that but the more I thought about it the more I think it was a good thing as it turned out -  we would never have outlasted them in overtime.  I know it was not the smart thing but sometimes the smart thing turns out to be not the best thing.

9 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Here’s what happened:

The Billikens won a hard-fought and generally well-played game. The other team has good players and they got hot from the floor. The also took excellent care of the ball.

Our two prime defenders, Eze and Dalger got into foul trouble and missed important mins. As a result, rhe other team’s star players excelled in the second half. 

Basketball is a game of runs. They had theirs, TJ had his.

End of story. 

Oh, and save the whining for your podcast, which I’m losing interest in very quickly.

You left out that we played poor defense in the second half and that was why they got hot.  Ford even said so.  If Brad does not get to play we are eaten alive by their big men.  He is not game ready conditioning wise and that is to be expected at this point.  Bruce had no ability to stop them.  We were lucky to win and I am glad but this is not how you want to play the rest of the year.

Among other things that made this game so fun to watch was the complete absence of block/charge calls and illegal screens. Getting the charge call largely out of the game makes it much more enjoyable to watch.

I watched a game a few years ago where there were 9 charging calls made out of 10 block/charge situations. I was so sick of it, I went back and watched each one in slo mo. There was one actual charge, all the rest were blocks which were called charges. Any time I reviewed block/charges, it was 80-90% of the time a block yet the refs loved calling charges.

Also, Jimerson was excellent last night in spite of the late foul. In addition to points, he set two terrific screens to free up TJ to make the and one and layup to keep us in it.

If you watch this game objectively, leaving your frustration with Ford aside, he coached a heckuva game, especially on plays coming out of timeouts. The percentage of set plays after timeouts which resulted in points was very high.

47 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Some posters won’t want to read this. Brad thanks the SLU administration for helping him out. 

I read it. And I was still correct as much as you’re a shill. The person who directly fuoked up is no longer on staff. I have no doubt that the current staff was supportive of Brad throughout the process. Mercer could have up and SLU could have done their best to fix the fuok up for Brad. What is he gonna do come out and say SLU really fuoked me over? 

2 hours ago, Billfan7 said:

Seems to be a very snowflake attitude.  Buck up buttercup.  You are supposedly a fan of a mid major basketball team.  All you have is hope.  You know going in that each season will likely end in "disappointment."  If you need to protect your fragile feelings from disappointment then I suggest you become a fan of a team like Duke or Kansas.

You have no clue. 

54 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You left out that we played poor defense in the second half and that was why they got hot.  Ford even said so.  If Brad does not get to play we are eaten alive by their big men.  He is not game ready conditioning wise and that is to be expected at this point.  Bruce had no ability to stop them.  We were lucky to win and I am glad but this is not how you want to play the rest of the year.

If we had won this game wire to wire, I would be very intrigued. Go beat NCST and they have my full undivided attention. For now, I’m going to heap all applicable praise on Hargrove and marvel in the ridiculousness of that finish. 

33 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I read it. And I was still correct as much as you’re a shill. The person who directly fuoked up is no longer on staff. I have no doubt that the current staff was supportive of Brad throughout the process. Mercer could have up and SLU could have done their best to fix the fuok up for Brad. What is he gonna do come out and say SLU really fuoked me over? 

Well and the fact that SLU did nothing that made him eligible. A couple other schools sued the NCAA and it opened the floodgates. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Some posters won’t want to read this. Brad thanks the SLU administration for helping him out. 

The AD as a whole should take notes from Ez on how to make public statements. Very gracious and positive.

4 hours ago, Billfan7 said:

"Accept mediocrity and like it !"