2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I do not know what thread to put this in, but Brock Vice has recorded zero stats at Creighton this season.  Does anyone know if he is injured?  If not, I hope he realizes the amount of minutes he would have been getting if he had kept his commitment to SLU.

I’m sure he can get some happiness looking at his bank statement…

NextYearBill likes this

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, Lord Elrond said:

Our chances before Brad were slim and none, so I’d say our odds of winning the conference tournament have improved significantly 

Brad's addition and the hope of Sincere coming back are great.  But they would seem to take us from a team you'd expect to finish at the bottom of the A10 to one in the 5-8th range.  So sure we could have a chance at the conference tourney.  Not a good one by any means, but a chance.

19 minutes ago, ARon said:

Brad's addition and the hope of Sincere coming back are great.  But they would seem to take us from a team you'd expect to finish at the bottom of the A10 to one in the 5-8th range.  So sure we could have a chance at the conference tourney.  Not a good one by any means, but a chance.

I disagree, perhaps I see too rosy of a scenario.  I think the injuries to Sincere and Meadows have indirectly helped this team with regard to how well they will play in conference.  Because of numbers Medley, Bruce, have both performed as freshman. Making mistakes, etc. Bruce seems to be responding, seven rebounds from him in half a game was nice. Offense will come, he passes well. (See back door feeds to Ginny, and the cross court pass to Hughes for a 3 Saturday), by the end of conference he will be a very good back up center.

Cian game has been up and down with turnovers, but he too is on a steep learning curve perhaps a little further along. I hope meadows does not start when he comes back Cian deserves to play. 

the rest of the team has been forced to produce some offense, Thames, Cian, and Dalger and TJ have all produced at times. 

Adding Bradley makes this a middle of the pack team,  (5-8), but adding A healthy sincere bumps the team up a bit more. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

CenHudDude likes this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I do not know what thread to put this in, but Brock Vice has recorded zero stats at Creighton this season.  Does anyone know if he is injured?  If not, I hope he realizes the amount of minutes he would have been getting if he had kept his commitment to SLU.

I read he is redshirting.

22 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Believe he's redshirting. 

I don't know how it is at other schools, but at SLU, when I guy redshirts, it's sort of a statement that now that you are here, and we see you in practice, we don't really think you are good enough to help our team and its probably best if you practice with us this season and then transfer.

40 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I don't know how it is at other schools, but at SLU, when I guy redshirts, it's sort of a statement that now that you are here, and we see you in practice, we don't really think you are good enough to help our team and its probably best if you practice with us this season and then transfer.

They have one of the best centers in the nation, and a stud PF. He was never gonna play this year regardless 

On 8/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, Aquinas said:

The 23-24 season starts with a lot of question marks and a lot of new faces:

Harking back to original post in this thread, it's interesting to see the answers from non-conference season. There have actually been some positive answers, especially by Ezewiro, Zhang, Hargrove, Jimerson, Thames, and often by Dalger and Medley. Injuries and lack of playing time have hampered others, but return of Parker and more Curcic playing time would be good. The team has also competed well and shown some improvements.

At point guard, injuries and lack of size have been issues. Non-conference has revealed this and other weaknesses of this team (poor defense, not enough three-point attempts, etc.) for opposing coaches to exploit, which they have. NC State game was especially frustrating, as Billikens could not get the ball in hands of their scorers. If you were game planning and managing, given this roster and how opposing coaches will react, how would you approach maximizing strengths of this team, minimizing the weaknesses, and avoiding second-half collapses?

Assuming Parker is back for conference play, I am very interested in seeing how this team performs in the A-10.  Like most fans of most teams, I have high hopes.  Now that BE is in the mix and with SP coming back, I feel like should beat the bottom and mid level teams and that we can compete with the top level teams.  Then again, I have felt that way before.

CenHudDude likes this

If Parker returns he will play the 2, Jimerson moves to the 3. TJ will lose some of the time he has had at the 3. Time will also come from Hughes and Thames. Though both have been dinged up. A lot will depend on how well Parker, Hughes and Thames play.

On 12/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, Cowboy II said:

-when Parker returns are the minutes coming from LH2 and Thames?  if Thames is healthy I want him to get minutes if being used to his strengths, I hope it is injury that is healing that has been impacting LH2's play

Nothing broken or torn. Just some ligament inflammation. 

28 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If I was in charge, you'd get an update after Parker has been in full contact practices for a week.  It's pointless to give an update before then.  

Nothing wrong with an update like “he’s resumed shooting”, “resumed full practice”, “still hasn’t been cleared” , “ still a few weeks out “ 

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Nothing wrong with an update like “he’s resumed shooting”, “resumed full practice”, “still hasn’t been cleared” , “ still a few weeks out “ 

Nothing wrong with it, but I'm old school.  To me an update is a change in status.  If he's still weeks away from playing that's not even worth talking about.  

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Nothing wrong with it, but I'm old school.  To me an update is a change in status.  If he's still weeks away from playing that's not even worth talking about.  

True, if that’s the case, and was always the case then I’m ok with it. But if updates are handed out just whenever, different story