Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I think its legit courtside... considering I got the last 2 and now its not an option

Thanks. I noticed that too. After I bought my (one) ticket, I noticed the option was gone and like I said, there were only 10 left when I started my order.

If you click on the actual seating chart for the floor seats, it comes back as  an error or unable to proceed or something like that. Cool! Hope that's the case.

16 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Thanks. I noticed that too. After I bought my (one) ticket, I noticed the option was gone and like I said, there were only 10 left when I started my order.

If you click on the actual seating chart for the floor seats, it comes back as  an error or unable to proceed or something like that. Cool! Hope that's the case.

I bought two. 

37 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

Think we will be able to walk up at game time to get tickets?

Depends on how many Minnesota fans show up. SIUE’s First Community Arena only holds 4000 maximum. If you really want to go, I’d say buy on line to guarantee a seat, I don’t see where you save any money waiting. 

On 4/4/2024 at 12:50 PM, mrjoelabs said:

590 is reporting The Family Arena passed it up due to having "National Guard Maneuvers" on the parking lot this weekend.  Huh...

Why didn’t they have it set to begin with? 

I guess Chafeitz was booked?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5rQEc1OauD/?igsh=eGhzeHkzNzIzZ2x4

Peyton Kennedy coming back for her last year of eligibility. Didn't think anything would happen differently, but it's still nice that it's official. 

Gremio14 and billikenbill like this

4 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5rQEc1OauD/?igsh=eGhzeHkzNzIzZ2x4

Peyton Kennedy coming back for her last year of eligibility. Didn't think anything would happen differently, but it's still nice that it's official. 

Alright! Grab some good players off the transfer portal and we’re set for next year

20 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Does anyone have a sense of how much participation the BVF has in NIL compensation for the slu women’s basketball team?

How do our numbers for NIL compare with other teams in the A10 and the Big East?

Most of the NIL for women comes from companies trying to cash in on the popularity of individual players. Caitlin Clark probably made more money in NIL last year than any male player you can name, but I don’t think any of it came from the Iowa NIL collective. Will this stay the case? I don’t know. A good test case to follow this year would be Gracie Merkle of Bellarmine, who is in the portal. She was injured last year, has 3 more years of eligibility. As a freshman, she had a monster season, averaging 15.1 pts and 11 rebounds a game, with 78 blocks. She’s 6’6”, and while averaging 70 percent FG shooting, she never tried to shoot a 3. It’s hard not to see how she could help a lot of teams. Will she get a big NIL offer from a school collective to play? I don’t know. It will be interesting to see where she ends up and what money she gets and where it comes from.

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

Does anyone have a sense of how much participation the BVF has in NIL compensation for the slu women’s basketball team?

How do our numbers for NIL compare with other teams in the A10 and the Big East?

The BVF does not have a dedicated budget for WBB.  Basically 1 pot of cash for all sports.

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

Most of the NIL for women comes from companies trying to cash in on the popularity of individual players. Caitlin Clark probably made more money in NIL last year than any male player you can name, but I don’t think any of it came from the Iowa NIL collective. Will this stay the case? I don’t know. A good test case to follow this year would be Gracie Merkle of Bellarmine, who is in the portal. She was injured last year, has 3 more years of eligibility. As a freshman, she had a monster season, averaging 15.1 pts and 11 rebounds a game, with 78 blocks. She’s 6’6”, and while averaging 70 percent FG shooting, she never tried to shoot a 3. It’s hard not to see how she could help a lot of teams. Will she get a big NIL offer from a school collective to play? I don’t know. It will be interesting to see where she ends up and what money she gets and where it comes from.

To be technical Clark did not take anything from the Iowa collective.Her deals were all with national advertisers. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

To be technical Clark did not take anything from the Iowa collective.Her deals were all with national advertisers. 

Exactly, that’s the model for NIL in women’s sports, it comes from companies that want to promote a product or service, whether nationally or locally. Caitlin Clark got big money because of her playing, online presence, and personality. Julia Martinez got a deal with 2 Men and a Garden locally, much less money I’m sure, but something. Emily Gaebe from SLU women’s soccer got her picture on a  Billboard in  her hometown of Union promoting a bank. That’s how the model for NIL is playing out for women athletes. Will that change and you see more play for pay like the men? I don’t know, guess we’ll see how it develops.

5 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

If you want a good chuckle this morning, click on this SNL segment with Caitlin Clark.  Watch the entire 4+ min.

That's the hardest I have laughed at anything SNL for about 20 years.   Atta girl Caitlyn!

HoosierPal and Adman like this