2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

19 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

with only one returning starter why would you want to play many if any high D1 teams in the non conference schedule?   what would those very likely losses prove?

last seems to me that fordham did very well with their extremely weak schedule last year.   wins are what are more important.   

20 Wins ! 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not a hot take, but this year could possibly bring the lowest attendance numbers in Chaifetz history.

No stars..no hype..abysmal schedule….City SC - doesn’t bode well for the Bills. 

6 minutes ago, joe_davola said:

Probably not a hot take, but this year could possibly bring the lowest attendance numbers in Chaifetz history.

This was the point of my crews comparison.  

11 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Every returning player on the roster is better than any Crews recruit…success or failure depends on their D.

Yarbrough?!?!

When he wasn't committing crimes he was an all mvc player.

3 hours ago, joe_davola said:

The Hofstra game is on the same day as the MLS Final on Dec. 9th. The only other possible overlap is Nov. 25th.

Dayton Daily News' Dave Jablonski rolls out his A10 predictions.  Top 5 consistent with most everyone else; Dayton, VCU, St. Bonnie, Duquesne and St. Joe are his top 5.  GW is 6th in his ranks, and I've seen them dead last in others.  Loyola is 9th, and I've seen them as high as 3rd. No love for the Billikens, picking them 10th.  It's going to be a wild ride.  No one really knows what is going to happen.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/dayton-safe-pick-for-no-1-spot-in-hard-to-predict-atlantic-10/PNTHUXSJUNE2LJBT6JPURPQM5A/

13 hours ago, Compton said:

The Hofstra game is on the same day as the MLS Final on Dec. 9th. The only other possible overlap is Nov. 25th.

I meant more along the lines of fans spending money on sporting events and taking their kids to those events. 

City SC tickets are not cheap and there are only so many casual sports fans in the area.  Many families will be recovering financially after the soccer season as it relates to money spent on sports.

Billiken Rich and TheBand like this

13 minutes ago, joe_davola said:

I meant more along the lines of fans spending money on sporting events and taking their kids to those events. 

City SC tickets are not cheap and there are only so many casual sports fans in the area.  Many families will be recovering financially after the soccer season as it relates to money spent on sports.

I don't think we will see Crews levels of apathy, attendance wise.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Dayton Daily News' Dave Jablonski rolls out his A10 predictions.  Top 5 consistent with most everyone else; Dayton, VCU, St. Bonnie, Duquesne and St. Joe are his top 5.  GW is 6th in his ranks, and I've seen them dead last in others.  Loyola is 9th, and I've seen them as high as 3rd. No love for the Billikens, picking them 10th.  It's going to be a wild ride.  No one really knows what is going to happen.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/dayton-safe-pick-for-no-1-spot-in-hard-to-predict-atlantic-10/PNTHUXSJUNE2LJBT6JPURPQM5A/

i keep going back to fordham last year.   no one expected that.   

More guess work:  Interesting, Dayton News has GW 6th, here they are 13th.  Spin the wheel.

https://x.com/DeanWende1/status/1704511266071404612?s=20

@TheFieldOf68’s “The Almanac, Vol. 2” 2023-24 A10 Preview  Rankings:
1.Dayton

2.VCU

3.Bonaventure

4.Duquesne

5.St. Joe’s

6.Loyola Chicago

7.Richmond

8.Fordham

9.Saint Louis

10.Davidson

11.Rhode Island

12.George Mason

14.UMass

15.La Salle

Projected Awards:
POY: DaRon Holmes II
DPOY: DaRon Holmes II
Newcomer: Max Shulga
Coach: Ryan Odom

PaulA Luther

Just now, HoosierPal said:

More guess work:  Interesting, Dayton News has GW 6th, here they are 13th.  Spin the wheel.

https://x.com/DeanWende1/status/1704511266071404612?s=20

@TheFieldOf68’s “The Almanac, Vol. 2” 2023-24 A10 Preview  Rankings:
1.Dayton

2.VCU

3.Bonaventure

4.Duquesne

5.St. Joe’s

6.Loyola Chicago

7.Richmond

8.Fordham

9.Saint Louis
10.Davidson
11.Rhode Island
12.George Mason
14.UMass
15.La Salle
Projected Awards: POY: DaRon Holmes II DPOY: DaRon Holmes II Newcomer: Max Shulga Coach: Ryan Odom

PaulA Luther

At least the consensus is that we won't probably be in the Pillow Fight?

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Im fine with 9th if Brad isn't eligible. 

I'll be fine with 9th if it means we can turn the page on one, if not multiple, highly paid athletics employees. If you catch my drift. NCAA Tournament or New Direction. No in between, please.