Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His is how he would rank on this years team per 40 min

PPG -11th

rebounds - 2nd

steals 4th

assists 7th

blocks 6th

If his scoring returns like it did in the southern conf plus his rebound in the sec he would be a great get. 

Tulsa transfer Tim Dalger told me he’s cut his list to three programs. Here are the schools he’s considering:
St. Bonaventure, Saint Louis, Rhode Island.
Dalger has taken visits to all three schools, he told me. He averaged 10.2PPG and 5.3RPG last season for Tulsa.

Note:  Dalger is listed at 6'7" and 220 lbs

With the remaining three scholarships, we need all the remaining players from the portal - two bigs and one combo guard. At least one of the bigs and ideally both would have the stretch ability, because neither of the young bigs appear to have that skillset. Dalger would seem to fill a need if we can land him.

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

I like our chances here.

Rhody signed a 'similar size' player yesterday.  They still have one opening. 

Louisiana Tech transfer David Green has committed to Rhode Island. The 6’7” sophomore forward only appeared in 6 games this season. Green averaged 7.2 points, and 3.0 rebounds during the 21-22 season.

SBUnfurled seems to think the Bonnies are out of it too.  He responded to the three team announcement by Dalger with the tweet below.  We should know today or tomorrow.

I'd feel confident crossing off one of the schools from this list.

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Rhody signed a 'similar size' player yesterday.  They still have one opening. 

Louisiana Tech transfer David Green has committed to Rhode Island. The 6’7” sophomore forward only appeared in 6 games this season. Green averaged 7.2 points, and 3.0 rebounds during the 21-22 season.

SBUnfurled seems to think the Bonnies are out of it too.  He responded to the three team announcement by Dalger with the tweet below.  We should know today or tomorrow.

I'd feel confident crossing off one of the schools from this list.

Dalger will be a Billiken.

30 minutes ago, ACE said:

With the remaining three scholarships, we need all the remaining players from the portal - two bigs and one combo guard. At least one of the bigs and ideally both would have the stretch ability, because neither of the young bigs appear to have that skillset. Dalger would seem to fill a need if we can land him.

Would Dalger and Kuany Kuany fill the same need? And I do see those guys filling a need. It seems like both are more small forward types than the two bigs you reference. I am fine with either guy (hard to have strong opinions on guys I never watched, so I am not going to pretend to have a clue), but think we still need more of a true big who is capable of playing the bulk of the minutes at the 5 with the freshmen backing him up. That could certainly be more of a power forward type like Hasahn/Linssen/Okoro, but certainly need a paint presence for rebounding and defending the paint and I don't see Dalger or Kuany being that. I do think those two certainly help playing alongside whoever the 5 is. I think I would still like a combo scoring guard type as well. It is so hard to know who we have a shot with and so many of these guys I have never seen, so it is dumb to even throw names out. This whole transfer portal recruiting is certainly different and it is weird as a fan how excited I get for names many of us never watched (obviously we all knew a guy like Love) or watched overly closely.

If this guy played for us last year with these stat's this board would be trashing him non-stop. Hell we trash a lot better players than this every game. Especially with 110+ D1 games under his belt. Yet he plays for someone else so we want him.

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
32 25.3 35.9 29.8 82.3 3.9 0.8 0.4 0.6 3.0 1.6 9.0
HoosierPal likes this

26 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

If this guy played for us last year with these stat's this board would be trashing him non-stop. Hell we trash a lot better players than this every game. Especially with 110+ D1 games under his belt. Yet he plays for someone else so we want him.

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
32 25.3 35.9 29.8 82.3 3.9 0.8 0.4 0.6 3.0 1.6 9.0

That's Kuany, correct? I'd rather have Dalger.

I like that Dalger finished the season strong. He scored in double figures in 11 of his last 13 games.

39 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Would Dalger and Kuany Kuany fill the same need? And I do see those guys filling a need. It seems like both are more small forward types than the two bigs you reference. I am fine with either guy (hard to have strong opinions on guys I never watched, so I am not going to pretend to have a clue), but think we still need more of a true big who is capable of playing the bulk of the minutes at the 5 with the freshmen backing him up. That could certainly be more of a power forward type like Hasahn/Linssen/Okoro, but certainly need a paint presence for rebounding and defending the paint and I don't see Dalger or Kuany being that. I do think those two certainly help playing alongside whoever the 5 is. I think I would still like a combo scoring guard type as well. It is so hard to know who we have a shot with and so many of these guys I have never seen, so it is dumb to even throw names out. This whole transfer portal recruiting is certainly different and it is weird as a fan how excited I get for names many of us never watched (obviously we all knew a guy like Love) or watched overly closely.

I agree with this.  We, nor any A10 team, can count on "big" freshmen to be major impact players, unless your last name is Holmes.  I also know nothing about either SvB or Zhang, expect for the edited high light tapes.  I'd expect each to be Cisse level contributors, but I am more than willing to be proven wrong.  Can either defend?  Can they protect the rim?  Can they get 2 to 3 put-backs per game?   Yes relying on Medley to lead this team would also be sketchy in my book. 

Rivera is still on the team, and I now expect him to stay (portal closes May 11).  So he is yet another 6'6" plus or minus forward to throw into the mix along with either/or/both Dalger and Kuany, assuming we pick up one.

majerus mojo likes this

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

That's Kuany, correct? I'd rather have Dalger.

I like that Dalger finished the season strong. He scored in double figures in 11 of his last 13 games.

Dalger

Stats
2022-23

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB  AST BLK  STL PF TO PTS
29 24.5 37.6 35.0 67.7 5.3 0.9 0.1 0.5 2.3 1.7 10.2

Dalger is more wing/SF and Kuany is more PF. 

Id love to get Dalger and either Kuany or Allen at PF. plus a spot for a starting Center. 

Im ok with moving forward with LHj and Cian being primary PGs.  I think Noland and Parker will help bring it up too need be. 

For me Allen over K2.  Kuany isn't a good rebounder. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Dalger

Stats
2022-23

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB  AST BLK  STL PF TO PTS
29 24.5 37.6 35.0 67.7 5.3 0.9 0.1 0.5 2.3 1.7 10.2

Worth noting on Dalger.  His shot% per KenPom was 25.1%.  Shot% is the percentage of a team’s shots taken while the player is on the court.  That would have been 3rd highest on the Billikens last year behind Perkins and Parker.

He played for a Tulsa team that was putrid on offense (296th in adj off efficiency & 301st in effective FG %).  Therefore, he was one of the better offensive options on Tulsa. 

The hope here is that with better offensive options surrounding him, he could have better shot selection & raise his overall efficiency.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Based on Tulsa's roster, I'd guess that Dalger played PF (or was the 2nd biggest guy on the floor) almost exclusively last season.  I'm not sure that means he is a true PF, but I'd guess that he's play a similar role for SLU given the current makeup of our roster.

Just now, RUBillsFan said:

Worth noting on Dalger.  His shot% per KenPom was 25.1%.  Shot% is the percentage of a team’s shots taken while the player is on the court.  That would have been 3rd highest on the Billikens last year behind Perkins and Parker.

He played for a Tulsa team that was putrid on offense (296th in adj off efficiency & 301st in effective FG %).  Therefore, he was one of the better offensive options on Tulsa. 

The hope here is that with better offensive options surrounding him, he could have better shot selection & raise his overall efficiency.

Based on Tulsa's roster, I'd guess that Dalger played PF (or was the 2nd biggest guy on the floor) almost exclusively last season.  I'm not sure that means he is a true PF, but I'd guess that he's play a similar role for SLU given the current makeup of our roster.

current yes, hopefully not current much longer 

4 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/status/1654138286686760960?s=20

I've seen plenty of announcements about committing to St. Louis University or University of St Louis. Never have I seen someone commit to the Saint Louis Belikens. 

https://twitter.com/champ_dreams5/status/1654138426570993665?s=46&t=nfn8rwvSVcv8bUH2TNwIIw

I guess this spelling is a litttttllleeee closer?

5 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/status/1654138286686760960?s=20

I've seen plenty of announcements about committing to St. Louis University or University of St Louis. Never have I seen someone commit to the Saint Louis Belikens. 

Good! This seems like a nice addition. I have no idea if he can play defense, but he should be big enough and rebound well enough to be a stretch 4.

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

If the guy can ball out & spell normal words well enough to pass college classes, I'm okay with him misspelling a fictional good luck creature.  🤣

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

53 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Yeah, that is why the transfer portal is so strange with regards to the fans (I include myself in that) reaction to it. Ultimately I have no idea about 75% of the guys being posted about or that we are involved with. Kuany's stats somewhat concerned me (as you have posted) when his name was mentioned as a possibility, but then with Dalger his stats are somewhat similar and also have some things that could make you question him as well. I think I prefer Dalger, but not an overly efficient guy either, possibly a better rebounder and 3 point shooter though? Hell if I know, but both seem like more small forward types than power forwards which in the A-10 and the game today is often your 4.

20 minutes ago, wgstl said:

For me Allen over K2.  Kuany isn't a good rebounder. 

I don't think Kuany is really a power forward either. I think despite being 6'9 he was more of a small forward playing on the wing. Cal started a true 5 (Lars Thiemann) and more of a power forward (Grant Newell) next to Kuany, so I think he played as the 3 and even the 2 at times when Sam Alajiki started at the 3 with some of their guards going down. I agree that I think I like Dalger over Kuany at the small forward and Allen over Kuany in the post as I think Allen is more capable of being what we need in the paint.

billiken_roy, brianstl and wgstl like this

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Yeah, that is why the transfer portal is so strange with regards to the fans (I include myself in that) reaction to it. Ultimately I have no idea about 75% of the guys being posted about or that we are involved with. Kuany's stats somewhat concerned me (as you have posted) when his name was mentioned as a possibility, but then with Dalger his stats are somewhat similar and also have some things that could make you question him as well. I think I prefer Dalger, but not an overly efficient guy either, possibly a better rebounder and 3 point shooter though? Hell if I know, but both seem like more small forward types than power forwards which in the A-10 and the game today is often your 4.

I don't think Kuany is really a power forward either. I think despite being 6'9 he was more of a small forward playing on the wing. Cal started a true 5 (Lars Thiemann) and more of a power forward (Grant Newell) next to Kuany, so I think he played as the 3 and even the 2 at times when Sam Alajiki started at the 3 with some of their guards going down. I agree that I think I like Dalger over Kuany at the small forward and Allen over Kuany in the post as I think Allen is more capable of being what we need in the paint.

I think Allen can Start at PF and play backup center