Transfers - 2023

ACE

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

How many visitors have we had?  I don't know, but you seem to know and to be keeping track.  Pryor and Kuany are the only two I am aware of.

Names please....

Per Harriman, we've hosted 5 guys since he joined the staff, with a 6th coming early this week. Kuany Kuany and Tim Dalger are the only two that I can confirm for sure - Pryor visited a few weeks ago, before Harriman came back.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

At some point there has to be urgency, perhaps not yet.  Just frustrating seeing nearly every team in the conference land at least one + impactful player while we are still waiting.  Its not like we're just needing to fill one spot in which we can be selective with. 

You don’t like CJ? Recruiting is very different this year than any other time in college basketball. The schools with the most money will get the lions share, then we get the rest. If we fail to sign the same caliber players as the rest of the A10 then Ford and Tate will have put the first step in their  coaching grave. 

1 minute ago, DOC said:

You don’t like CJ? Recruiting is very different this year than any other time in college basketball. The schools with the most money will get the lions share, then we get the rest. If we fail to sign the same caliber players as the rest of the A10 then Ford and Tate will have put the first step in their  coaching grave. 

I think Ford may already have one foot in... Hope I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Per Harriman, we've hosted 5 guys since he joined the staff, with a 6th coming early this week. Kuany Kuany and Tim Dalger are the only two that I can confirm for sure - Pryor visited a few weeks ago, before Harriman came back.

Thanks.  So Harriman 'came back' on what, April 25?  Maybe a week ago, and five visits plus another coming in since then.  Seems to be tracking nicely.  I believe there still is a five visit limit, or did that change?

How many visitors pre-Harriman?  We know Noland is one.

Information on A10 Roster sizes, via the A-10 Scholarship Tree:

Davidson, 2 open

Dayton, 3 open and assumes Holmes comes back (so make it 4?)

Duquesne, 1 open

Fordham full

George Mason, 3 open

GW, 4 open

LaSalle 4 open

Loyola, 2 open

UMass, full

Rhody, 2 open

Richmond, 3 open plus assumes Burton back (so make it 4?)

St. B, 3 open

St. Josephs, full

Bills, 4 open

VCU, 4 open

no offense hoosier, but i dont want to be compared to our A-10 brethern a lot of mediocrity at best and the reason we are a one bid league.   we need to have a better vision than comparing to the A-10 programs.  

Tonka likes this

21 minutes ago, DOC said:

CJ is a bit of a wildcard.  Don't hate it, not sure he is a starter though.  Depth is important so I like the move. 

Loyola was dead last and they've added a few great pieces. UD also added a really good guard. Bonnies and VCU have also added a few good players. 

41 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

no offense hoosier, but i dont want to be compared to our A-10 brethern a lot of mediocrity at best and the reason we are a one bid league.   we need to have a better vision than comparing to the A-10 programs.  

All I am showing is open scholarships.  Should we look at SEC or the Big East open scholarships instead?  Not sure I understand your concern on simple numbers.  Until further notice, we are a member of the Atlantic 10.

No offense taken.

i understand we are a member of the underachieving increasingly worthless (thanks bernadette!) A-10.   but we need to be head and shoulders about the A-10 to either take that one bid or hopefully get out of the A-10 for a better conference.   treading water there does us no good.  

it seemed to me you were inferring that the rest of the conference has multiple spots open yet as well so no need to panic.  if that wasnt your intent, i apologize for my misunderstanding.   

Having 4 open roster spots is fine. Having 1 (I guess he'll be on the team?) big man on the roster is the problem. We'll fill the spots. Some people on here will get super excited and will convince themselves that the player will be really good here. Some will be skeptical even if it's a great addition on paper. Like HP said, put me in the camp who will decide in November or December 

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

I used to feel confident that if we got a recruit on campus, we had a good chance at a commitment during or shortly after. Now I’m not even confident the guys who have signed a LOI will actually play for us.  Either the world’s greatest recruiter has lost his touch or we need a lot more cheddar in the BVF. My guess is both are true. 

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I used to feel confident that if we got a recruit on campus, we had a good chance at a commitment during or shortly after. Now I’m not even confident the guys who have signed a LOI will actually play for us.  Either the world’s greatest recruiter has lost his touch or we need a lot more cheddar in the BVF. My guess is both are true. 

Sky is falling! 2023-2024 season over!!!

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

Connor Vanover is in the portal again and again he could really help us.

Prime example of a guy stepping down a level from a really successful team, and being very successful himself. Last year would’ve been the time to go for him. I imagine he will be looking bigger than us now. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

Holy cow Pitino is making some noise at St. John's with transfers and new recruits. 

Let's leverage the Pitino-Ford relationship and get a home and home on the schedule.

we struggled with his Iona teams, I dont think I want to see his St Johns squad

almaman likes this

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

we struggled with his Iona teams, I dont think I want to see his St Johns squad

If we ever want to beat a Top 25 team in the Ford regime, we need to play Top 25 teams.  There won't be many opportunities in the A10 conference games.

CenHudDude likes this

7 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

If we ever want to beat a Top 25 team in the Ford regime, we need to play Top 25 teams.  There won't be many opportunities in the A10 conference games.

Oh I'm with you there, but saying I don't see a Ford team beating a pitino team with a p5 roster. we had our hands full with low major players

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Oh I'm with you there, but saying I don't see a Ford team beating a pitino team with a p5 roster. we had our hands full with low major players

23-24 game can be in STL to fulfill that elusive last home game

24-25 game is in MSG, where Cian Medley returns home and becomes a household name after our Billikens knock off Top 10 St John's Red Storm

I'm trying to think big again.  Plus we always want to play the big boys whenever possible.

Billikenbooster likes this

2 hours ago, Dr Bird said:

Holy cow Pitino is making some noise at St. John's with transfers and new recruits. 

Let's leverage the Pitino-Ford relationship and get a home and home on the schedule.

Agree. Playing the in the Garden is always attractive. 

CenHudDude likes this

Robert Allen, a grad transfer from Ole Miss, appears to be SLU's current visitor. Jack Godar saw his Instagram story, which is from an STL hotel room. 

Averaged 14 and 7 as a sophomore at Samford, transferred to Ole Miss, suffered a season-ending injury his second year there, and averaged 4.4 and 3.4 this season. He has one more season of eligibility from the pandemic bonus year.

He certainly has the size and profile we need if he can be more productive again. Not sure if his knee kept him from being 100% this season or not, like a Perkins situation.

48 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Robert Allen, a grad transfer from Ole Miss, appears to be SLU's current visitor. Jack Godar saw his Instagram story, which is from an STL hotel room. 

Averaged 14 and 7 as a sophomore at Samford, transferred to Ole Miss, suffered a season-ending injury his second year there, and averaged 4.4 and 3.4 this season. He has one more season of eligibility from the pandemic bonus year.

He certainly has the size and profile we need if he can be more productive again. Not sure if his knee kept him from being 100% this season or not, like a Perkins situation.

His injury was an ACL tear.