GDT: Dayton was a top 5 team and still missed the tourney

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

The loss was expected. To think otherwise is stupid. No point of getting so upset about this one. It feels like we lost by 30, but it wasn't.

Too many wasted possessions. Even the announcers pointed that out. You could see Ford's reaction after stupid shots. His complaint that the team likes to go hero ball looked apparent tonight. Too many early shots or just bad shots in the second half. I think that's partly because of the early fouls on our bigs which wrecked our game. So much runs through Okoro and he got weak fouls called against him.

Someone said it earlier but our offense should be (1)Jimerson shot (2) Perkins shot (3) Okoro down low. Nothing more. 

This is the problem and this is why Ford needs to go.

This is the “most talented Billiken team” of Fords tenure and we go into the game expecting to lose. 
I guarantee you the players feel the same way.

We know that have no chance 

the players know they have no chance. 

When this happens change needs to be made!

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This is the “most talented Billiken team” of Fords tenure and we go into the game expecting to lose. 

Just curious, do you think a new coach will change the personality of the current players?

3 minutes ago, MariaReynolds said:

Just curious, do you think a new coach will change the personality of the current players?

I think most of the current players will be gone so it doesn’t matter.

With Collins, Perkins, Okoro, Thatch, and I’m guessing Jimerson leaving it’s the perfect time to breath new blood into this team. 

I also think I new coach would help boost the confidence of the current team and the lack of confidence of this team is one of the biggest problems.

BC1764 likes this

6 minutes ago, MariaReynolds said:

Pretty big turnover of the roster, but you can’t tell me Shaka Smart couldn’t motivate even THIS group at least to have a pulse.    I see a mass exodus of the personnel…coaches and players.

2010andBeyond likes this

29 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Ford did WAY too much gushing over the team and individuals.  It's our job to gush over players, He's supposed to be coaching them up.

Just a,complete no show tonight.  Couldn’t deny Holmes the ball in the paint.  Lost three point shooters all over the place. One-legged PG sees Mr. Publicity PG coming and eats him up.  What 14 fouls among our three bigs?  Jimerson lost after two early threes.  Perkins forcing things.  Parker forcing things.

We just don’t seem to be athletic enough to compete.  We can’t play defense.  We have no one to match up with an athletic four.  Again I question this teams passion, heart, desire.  But I also question if the coach knows what he’s doing as well.  I have no clue.

Adman and MusicCityBilliken like this

Just rewatched the first 10 minutes of second half. Okoro 3rd foul 16 seconds in was bad. Forrester comes in...airballs a 3 footer. Perkins misses wide open 3. After that, besides Perkins one-on-one mid range jumper, our offense died because Okoro wasn't in there. Cisse was ok on defense especially for a freshman, but wasn't even looking for the ball for handoffs or screens. That's when hero ball appeared. Okoro should have been put back in ASAP. He wasn't and that's on Ford. Elvis and Brea hit their threes to push the lead to 13. We don't threaten again. We also don't get blown out either if you're a half-full kind of guy.

Without the threat of Okoro down low, the defense can smother Jimerson and Perkins. Game over because Yuri ain't scoring enough. I may be wrong, but I think Okoro did well against Holmes.

I’d like to hear from someone who wants to keep Ford.  

people keep telling me he won’t get fired bc he has some (silent) support from the people that matter.   

I honestly can’t make a compelling case.  Is there anyone that thinks we will reach a sweet 16 if Ford coached another 10 years.  Hell, he didn’t even make a sweet 16 with Boone Pickens money did he? 

Fire Ford.  It’s honestly clearer than crews to me 

Schasz likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Just a,complete no show tonight.  Couldn’t deny Holmes the ball in the paint.  Lost three point shooters all over the place. One-legged PG sees Mr. Publicity PG coming and eats him up.  What 14 fouls among our three bigs?  Jimerson lost after two early threes.  Perkins forcing things.  Parker forcing things.

We just don’t seem to be athletic enough to compete.  We can’t play defense.  We have no one to match up with an athletic four.  Again I question this teams passion, heart, desire.  But I also question if the coach knows what he’s doing as well.  I have no clue.

Taj, I had the same reaction. I watched the game on tape delay, and there was just a vibe that felt like they were *clearly* the better, more athletic, more talented team.

I've been watching Bills closely since the Grawer days. Hard for me to put my finger on it, but this team lacks "it".

I also have no clue about what's driving all this. I would have understood a Loss tonight, but to lose like we did ... that was disappointing.

7 hours ago, maverick said:

Taj, I had the same reaction. I watched the game on tape delay, and there was just a vibe that felt like they were *clearly* the better, more athletic, more talented team.

I've been watching Bills closely since the Grawer days. Hard for me to put my finger on it, but this team lacks "it".

I also have no clue about what's driving all this. I would have understood a Loss tonight, but to lose like we did ... that was disappointing.

The hardest part of watching the games is you know that if they get down by 5 or 6 they are just going to quit and it’s going to get out of hand.

Oddly enough they’ve shown that if they get up by 15 or 16 they quit then too.

8-10 point leads seem to be there sweet spot. 

8 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Didn’t say it was. But they’ve also been f****** atrocious. 

When you can’t play good defense you tend to commit stupid fouls.  Looked like a typical A10 game to me.  Home team gets more calls/SLU has a few worse calls.  Nothing new.  SLU could have gotten 99% of the calls in this and still found a way to lose.