A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

The Iron Five of LaSalle does it again earning a scintillating 93-92 OT victory over Penn. POW!! Dunphy is a magician taking that ragtag bunch of misfits to 6 wins so far. 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a side note, my buddy, a staunch Nova devotee and grad, is bemoaning the fact that Nova has spent $3 million on its roster this year in NIL funds and just lost to St. Joe's and now Drexel in the Big Five.  Could it be true that La Salle rules Philly hoops?

CenHudDude likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

As a side note, my buddy, a staunch Nova devotee and grad, is bemoaning the fact that Nova has spent $3 million on its roster this year in NIL funds and just lost to St. Joe's and now Drexel in the Big Five.  Could it be true that La Salle rules Philly hoops?

I thought you told me in a previous thread that LaSale was garbage with no athletes?

1 hour ago, willie said:

I thought you told me in a previous thread that LaSale was garbage with no athletes?

For a collective that gives each player $300 in NIL money and a free pickleball racket, they’re getting some pretty good bang for their bucks.

So LaSalle not only beats Penn 93-92 in OT but the finish was amazing. Tied at 90, Penn hits a driving runner at 4.1. The Explorers’ superstar guard Khalil Brantley then drives upcourt, does a Euro step before midcourt (which would’ve been called traveling until a few years ago,) and banks in the three as the light comes on!!

POW!!

You all can bemoan the Billikens all you want, I’m on the LaSalle bandwagon now!! Fran Dunphy’s Iron Five is bringing the heat!!

11 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Nope.  The Hawks beat Penn last night for the Big Five championship.

35 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

So LaSalle not only beats Penn 93-92 in OT but the finish was amazing. Tied at 90, Penn hits a driving runner at 4.1. The Explorers’ superstar guard Khalil Brantley then drives upcourt, does a Euro step before midcourt (which would’ve been called traveling until a few years ago,) and banks in the three as the light comes on!!

POW!!

You all can bemoan the Billikens all you want, I’m on the LaSalle bandwagon now!! Fran Dunphy’s Iron Five is bringing the heat!!

Dunphy’s a true coach. We’re still looking for ours. 

@willie and I still stand by that.  They start four of the same guys from last year in Brantly, Brickus and Shepard, and replaced Nickleberry and the Drame twins with Gill (who was there as well last year) and Jocius (a light Euro who was also there last year).  On a team that went 15 and 19 and 7 and 11.  Maybe the state of Philly hoops just ain't good this year.  Maybe Dunphy has made some inroads.  Whatever the case may be, they are the same team as last year only getting better results.  And if college is indeed a guards' game, six of their seven players are guards.  Three are seniors and two are juniors.   They've lost tyo Duke (by 30) and in triple OT at Temple.  Otherwise, they've played no one.  

The L Train keeps rolling in Philly as the Iron Five of LaSalle have morphed into the Steel Six with the addition of supersub Andres Marrero. Marrero hit the game-winning three on his way to an 18 pt. outburst as the Explorers blazed a new trail to victory. The hard-fought 62-61 victory over Loyola Md. moves Fran Dunphy’s cagers to 7-2 on the season!!

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

New Caps/Wizards Arena

Wonder how this would impact the A10's ops in DC and ability for Capital One to host the tournament. 

i believe the A-10 tourney is at least scheduled for the Cap in 2025.  

4 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

New Caps/Wizards Arena

Wonder how this would impact the A10's ops in DC and ability for Capital One to host the tournament. 

That link said mentioned the timeframe for the move was 2028. I would guess events in the old arena would be unaffected until then, so no worries about the 2025 tournament I can see.

Now, as for other things putting the A10 out of business by 2028? 🤷‍♂️

Potomac Yards is just off the southern end of Reagan Airport along the Potomac.  It is along the Blue and Yellow linbes of the DC Metro system and has ample current parking garages and lots for Reagan National.  Hotels are bountiful as they are around all major airports.  

Capital One Arena is a nice, modern facility.  It is bulls-eye middle of DC.  And has nice night life and dining around it.  The badder parts of DC are areas with an 'east' in it .... Northeast, Southeast.  I echo Wilbon's cry about taking the so called 'city game' out of the city.  Northern Virginia has no real connection to the Wizard (who does) and both Cap fans and Bullets fans had to drive out ot Landover, Md., when the teams played there at the Cap Center.  Most see this as a momney grab on the part of Ted Leonis who owns both franchises but has done little in advancing the Wizards, other than the poltiically-correct name change.  In the 26 years since the name change, the Wizards have been to the playoffs nine times and eliminated in the first round six times.  They have never made it past the second round.

I do think the better question is will the A10 be around in 2027 and if so, will it be a D1 conference?

8 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

New Caps/Wizards Arena

This could really screw over Georgetown. They already have poor attendance at Capital One - 3rd worst in the Big East  and worse than Dayton, VCU, SLU, and Richmond last season. They could become the anchor sports tenant of Capital One Arena, but the facilities might struggle without the investment and political pull of major league tenants. The idea of the fan-base, especially students, being asked to trek to Potomac Yards for games, when they barely make it out to Capital One, seems unviable.

1 hour ago, Compton said:

This could really screw over Georgetown. They already have poor attendance at Capital One - 3rd worst in the Big East  and worse than Dayton, VCU, SLU, and Richmond last season. They could become the anchor sports tenant of Capital One Arena, but the facilities might struggle without the investment and political pull of major league tenants. The idea of the fan-base, especially students, being asked to trek to Potomac Yards for games, when they barely make it out to Capital One, seems unviable.

Couldn’t happen to a better school. 

The Steel Six of LaSalle upholds conference pride with a 107-41 thrashing of Rosemont!! What would it take to hire Fran Dunphy away from LaSalle? 😀