Bob Ramsey

Brighton

29 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Uhhhhhhhhh

It looks like Rammer and Earl will only be doing home games for Lindenwood but....

How are we allowing this? Why are we allowing this? I know they are both alums but Rammer and Earl are really a brand for SLU Athletics. Now they do games for another college 30 miles away??? Is this just a one season thing? 

Can't see any circumstance where the optics on this are good for Billiken Athletics.

The only spinzone I could come up with, while spinning on my bike coincidentally, is that Billiken Athletics gracefully allowed two esteemed Lindenwood alums call the home games for the inaugural D1 Basketball season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number dates in conflict:
11/7 at Dayton
11/19-11/20 at the McNeese Tournament
11/23 vs. Idaho State
11/30 vs. East-West
12/3 at Kansas City
12/17 vs. Knox
12/31 vs. Tennessee Tech
1/14 at SIUE
1/21 vs. Morehead State
2/18 at Morehead State
2/25 vs. Little Rock
And then the SLU-Dayton game at SLU is during the OVC Tournament, which is in Evansville.

So that's 6 home games - assuming they wouldn't make a few short trips for those road games.

It's not just dates, but most of the times are in conflict, too. I wonder how they're going to pull this off.

NextYearBill likes this

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Are we sure it's only home games? The article doesn't specify.

11/7 at Dayton
11/23 vs. Idaho State
11/30 vs. East-West
12/3 at Kansas City
12/17 vs. Knox
12/31 vs. Tennessee Tech
1/14 at SIUE
1/21 vs. Morehead State
2/18 at Morehead State
2/25 vs. Little Rock
And then the SLU-Dayton game at SLU is during the OVC Tournament, which is in Evansville.

It's not just dates, but most of the times are in conflict, too. I wonder how they're going to pull this off.

That's a lot more than I would have guessed. Hope it's just for the inaugural season.

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Are we sure it's only home games? The article doesn't specify.

11/7 at Dayton
11/23 vs. Idaho State
11/30 vs. East-West
12/3 at Kansas City
12/17 vs. Knox
12/31 vs. Tennessee Tech
1/14 at SIUE
1/21 vs. Morehead State
2/18 at Morehead State
2/25 vs. Little Rock

I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't read.....

"Bob Ramsey and Earl Austin Jr. will lead the broadcast team for games in St. Charles, Mo."

NextYearBill likes this

3 hours ago, White Pelican said:

The article mentioned Zach Zook who will do play by play for the "majority" of the basketball games. There is another person listed for color. I suspect our radio team will not miss any Bill's games.

This was the statement that caused me not to worry so much.  Prior to that, the announcement made it seem like Rammer and Earl were switching over.  This statement shows the true situation which is that our two guys will probably only do Lindenwood games when there is zero conflict with the Billikens.

rgbilliken likes this

I don't listen to our team given the fact most of what I see is on ESPN+ and the other networks.  If  I don't like the broadcasters, I turn the sound off.  Too lazy to search otherwise.

We have one of the best announcing teams in any sport in the country with Rammer & Earl. Our games are mostly broadcast on the mighty KMOX, that at night can be heard in nearly 30 states, and the audacy app which is free and easily accesible. I sync up their broadcast to the game and I'm set. If you aren't listening then you are missing out on a huge part of the Billiken experience.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

We have one of the best announcing teams in any sport in the country with Rammer & Earl. Our games are mostly broadcast on the mighty KMOX, that at night can be heard in nearly 30 states, and the audacy app which is free and easily accesible. I sync up their broadcast to the game and I'm set. If you aren't listening then you are missing out on a huge part of the Billiken experience.

Agreed. Stream rammer & earl, pipe it through the Sonos.. night and day better experience than ESPN color and play by play.  BANG! HE GOT IT!