SLU's 2022-23 A10 schedule + OOC

wgstl

FWRIJSaWYAAD-o5.thumb.jpg.18ab3fc0635daa0f7578dffdc2c6b78b.jpg

Those home and homes... ouch.  But it will really help our resume. 

Murray st

Maryland

Miami/Providence 

@Auburn

Mmephis

Boise State

Drake

@Iola

@SIUC

Evansville 

• wgstl changed the title to SLU's 2022-23 A10 schedule is out
  • wgstl changed the title to SLU's 2022-23 A10 schedule + OOC

I like it.  You really couldn't get any better IMHO.  Loyola and Dayton are no-brainers.  VCU will pump up the SOS.  Davidson has always been hard on us at Davidson so payback time is coming.  We avoid the great white north.  We get a potential riser in Rhodey at home.  Mason, Duquesne, and La Salle at home are likely wins.  The only away game of contest is likely Umass.  Fordham, Geedubya, St. Joe's and Richmond are all rebuilding.  I don't see how it could have broke any better.  Fordham, St. Joes anmd Geedubya are on the early travle schedule for me.  I hope Fordham is a weekend.

dlarry likes this

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

its a good ouch, but still a ouch. 

grass always greener. cool thing about playing patsies should reap W's but have to pretty much run the table. tough schedule may bring us to 500 so no dancing either. hope we're as great as we all think :)

40 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Any word on whether Vanderbilt is actually on the schedule. I know Coach Ford off handedly mentioned it on the radio once but haven't heard any more since that time.

I was wondering that as well. There hasn't been any sort of official announcement to my knowledge.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

Is it fair to say this is the toughest schedule during Ford's tenure?

I'm sure TV schedule will be a topic in a couple of months, but what's the deal with Bally sports? I have it in my comcast/xfinity package but it's regional, ie Southeast. I loaded Bally on my streaming service and can get the midwest region. It came as a no charge service, which I don't believe it is.  I seem to recall that someone said if out of towners  streamed a Bills game on Bally it was going to be a per game charge, or you had to sign up for like $20/mo, which seems a little steep. 

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

Updated the front page schedule.  I am sure I made a mistake.  It would not be a front page schedule from Steve without one.  Free free to yell at me if I did.

YOU MADE A MISTAKE!

Sub out two "La Salle" for "Loyola" and you're good to go. La Salle is on there 3x and Loyola isn't at all.

The rest looks good, though.

24 minutes ago, Pistol said:

YOU MADE A MISTAKE!

Sub out two "La Salle" for "Loyola" and you're good to go. La Salle is on there 3x and Loyola isn't at all.

The rest looks good, though.

THANK YOU!

Something to keep in mind when predicting the final A-10 standings:

Davidson really gets screwed as a team that is likely to be in the middle of the pack, but plays a much tougher schedule than the rest of the middle teams.  On a lesser scale, Loyola gets a small boost from having a relatively easier schedule than the other top level teams whereas Rhody & UMass get small boosts by having relatively easier schedules than other middle of the pack teams.

Money is on St Joes finishing last given their 6th toughest schedule and projected as the worst team.

rgbilliken likes this

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Is it fair to say this is the toughest schedule during Ford's tenure?

I'm sure TV schedule will be a topic in a couple of months, but what's the deal with Bally sports? I have it in my comcast/xfinity package but it's regional, ie Southeast. I loaded Bally on my streaming service and can get the midwest region. It came as a no charge service, which I don't believe it is.  I seem to recall that someone said if out of towners  streamed a Bills game on Bally it was going to be a per game charge, or you had to sign up for like $20/mo, which seems a little steep. 

I believe USA network will be broadcasting a number of A-10 games this year replacing NBCSN.  Is that correct?

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Something to keep in mind when predicting the final A-10 standings:

Davidson really gets screwed as a team that is likely to be in the middle of the pack, but plays a much tougher schedule than the rest of the middle teams.  On a lesser scale, Loyola gets a small boost from having a relatively easier schedule than the other top level teams whereas Rhody & UMass get small boosts by having relatively easier schedules than other middle of the pack teams.

Money is on St Joes finishing last given their 6th toughest schedule and projected as the worst team.

Of course the worst team always has a tougher schedule in part because as the worst team they will never play against the worst team. But St Joe does have a tougher schedule than other weak teams. 

RUBillsFan likes this