Coaching Carousel

BLIKNS

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think martin shows tons of potential to join our arsenal of hated A-10 rival coaches with schmidt, grant, and mckillops 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i think martin shows tons of potential to join our arsenal of hated A-10 rival coaches with schmidt, grant, and mckillops 

U left out Archie. I respect McKillop. He gets a lot out of his teams that don’t pass the eye test these days. 

SLU_Lax likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

U left out Archie. I respect McKillop. He gets a lot out of his teams that don’t pass the eye test these days. 

i am sure archie will join the hated opposing coach club next season.   still not registering automatically he's back yet.

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Martelli was a lifelong Philly guy until fall 2019. But earning around $500,000 (maybe more this year for his 5 game stint as interim head coach) for a Big Ten program that just went to the Sweet Sixteen could stack up favorably against trying to rebuild LaSalle.

Martelli couldn't win at St. Joe's.  Why take the step down to moribund La Salle?  He ain't getting younger.  And he has no more hair to lose.  a Salle is doomed until they upgrade facilities.

1 minute ago, Cowboy II said:

-Martelli Sr? perhaps he misses Philly or is getting pushed out of Ann Arbor but this is kind of curious to me

I was thinking this was senior 

23 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Martelli couldn't win at St. Joe's.  Why take the step down to moribund La Salle?  He ain't getting younger.  And he has no more hair to lose.  a Salle is doomed until they upgrade facilities.

They already announced that they’re doing so in next year or so

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

He's won a whole lot more than any of the other mentioned candidates. 1 elite eight, 1 sweet sixteen, 7 NCAAs overall, 2 NIT runner-ups, 4 A10 championships, 3 A10 tournament championships, .553 career A10 record (Ford and Majerus have .550). He's got some bona fides.

billikenbill and HoosierPal like this

On 3/29/2022 at 10:48 AM, Taj79 said:

Delonte West & Jameer Nelson would like a word… :)

@Metz --- yeah, Jameer and Delonte are ancient history.  Jameer's kid is playing now that's how old he is.  And that was literally a 'one and done.'  Phil's lone claim to fame.  The body of work shows otherwise.

And now La Salle is going the retread route????  Smart.  Neither ever won at their past schools (Hobbs had one year) and were fired for it.  I thought Ashley Howard was a decent move.  Taking a guy off Jay Wright's staff.  Now we're back to retreads?  La Salle is a lost cause ---- downgrade that program.  Fordham has even surpassed them.  Additionm by subtraction A10 ---- adios La Salle and take Duquesne with you.

13 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

There is a world of difference between Karl Hobbs and Dave Paulsen. Not sure why you'd even interview a guy like Paulsen who just got fired at a conference mate for failing to do anything. It shows that La Salle isn't serious about being a Division 1 basketball program. 

billiken_roy and MichaelC like this

16 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

There is a world of difference between Karl Hobbs and Dave Paulsen. Not sure why you'd even interview a guy like Paulsen who just got fired at a conference mate for failing to do anything. It shows that La Salle isn't serious about being a Division 1 basketball program. 

Hopefully interviewing Paulsen is a sign that La Salle is looking to return to the Patriot League.

MichaelC likes this