GDT: St. Joe's

Bills By 40

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Littlebill said:

It was crazy. Absolutely zero energy in the building. Even less from students. Worst student section on a normal day (school is in session and weather is fine) in recent memory

got there early last night so did a lap around the inside of the building.  when i went by the student section, new tshirts and wing to snack on.   when i was a student, free wings would have been supper and the shirt would have been my dress for the next day.   

my point is these students dont even come out for the freebies?    nice giveaways at that.   my gosh they are spoiled.

NextYearBill likes this

27 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

got there early last night so did a lap around the inside of the building.  when i went by the student section, new tshirts and wing to snack on.   when i was a student, free wings would have been supper and the shirt would have been my dress for the next day.   

my point is these students dont even come out for the freebies?    nice giveaways at that.   my gosh they are spoiled.

And it was national margarita day yesterday, Roy! Another opportunity wasted away…😜

Great win! As for the energy at chaifetz. I do have to admit that davidson game took a lot out of me and led to my feelings of dismay at the start of the game yesterday. I was at the game yesterday and was not feeling it. Though the win brought back and a win Friday will really bring it back. Let's keep winning!

10 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

Great win! As for the energy at chaifetz. I do have to admit that davidson game took a lot out of me and led to my feelings of dismay at the start of the game yesterday. I was at the game yesterday and was not feeling it. Though the win brought back and a win Friday will really bring it back. Let's keep winning!

Learning how to deal with disappointments is one of the few advantages of getting old. After a lifetime of disappointments, big and small, you become hardened to them. They just don't bother you as much as they used to.

10 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

I know what you mean I was not feeling it after the Davidson and both Bonaventure loses.

I stood and cheered when the players were announced I waved my phone back and forth as always but my enthusiasm was down.

The Billikens did not take control of the game in the first half when they had some good opportunities with layups, bad defense and missed bunnies that brought the enthusiasm down.

The second half was a different story they played defense and after a slow start started scoring and took control of the game.

We cheered the team off the court at the top of the tunnel so I am trying to be positive and active.

My wife who is a better fan than I kept asking what is wrong with me as her enthusiasm never changed she loves being there and cheering her team.

A win at Richmond and RI will help my enthusiasm.

drkelsey55 and Box and Won like this

25 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

100% I'm normally very vocal at games. This felt like a preseason game where you just want to see them play better.

VCU game could be a repeat of last night, or like the bonnies 2 weeks ago. 

16 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

If i were TF i would give GJ time off til walk through before the UR game…he looked really messed last night. FT really off, uncharacteristic for him.

Drives in 2nd half helped.

Refs could call fouls on our opponents every time we have the ball the way he is held.

That is what i have been saying for the past couple of weeks.  Jimerson's FG% is in a nose dive.  Legs are tired.  He has played way more minutes this season then his first two combined.

I trust everyone is cool with the FT discrepancy last night.

35 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That is what i have been saying for the past couple of weeks.  Jimerson's FG% is in a nose dive.  Legs are tired.  He has played way more minutes this season then his first two combined.

Jimerson struggled down the stretch last season too.

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

So how many wings did you eat? 

This closing three game stretch has the makings of being brutal.  Especially with guys nursing minor aches and being tired.  February has been especially brutal what with the COVID makeups and playing just about every other night.  

At least we miss Senior Night for Richmond.    That will be their next game where they host Dayton.  It will be Senior Night when we go to Rhodey.  I hate playing in those games.  A win at Richmond should guarantee a now worst than fifth place finish.

59 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

St. Joe’s launched 28 3’s. It’s tough to expect many free throws when 28 of 62 field goal attempts, 45% were 3’s. Further, St. Joe’s was 1-8 at the FT line, a horrible 12.5%.

The Personal Fouls were even at 14.

I thought Ted “TV” Valentine reffed a good game. He was not all that noticed, which is good. I don’t know which ref t’ed up Billy Lange, as the Technical call was not shown on TV, at least not when I was watching.