GDT: Belmont

Bills By 40

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

Why do we always see some nobody come in and kill us with 3s? 

It's been a trend the last three games that the third or fourth scorer has torched us - Kigab (who has since become BSU's leading scorer), Ertel, and now Richard. We seem to do a good job against the top two guys and let the third guy go off.

7 minutes ago, Fraz said:

JGOOD was an all-state pass catcher in HS, didn’t pay much defense.. he would’ve had a shot at TE (see Mo Allie-Cox)

Iowa wanted JGood to play defense. They believed he had the unique skill set to be an All B1G defensive back. And I think he would have been if he chose football over basketball.

Fraz likes this

18 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Traore is pretty unrefined in the skills department. He is a development project for sure. But he definitely has potential.

Dude looks like a condor out there. Of course he has potential.

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

Can Ford just recruit and I will coach.  It’s very obvious that you put deandre, Rashad, jimerson, Hargrove and we pull away 

One of the top fast break teams in the country has no fast break points.  Belmont averages just under 80 points a game and they have 24 at half.  We’re 2.5 point favorites in Vegas and up 6 at half.  I’ll stick with Ford.

The game day thread is almost unreadable.

Fraz likes this

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

One of the top fast break teams in the country has no fast break points.  Belmont averages just under 80 points a game and they have 24 at half.  We’re 2.5 point favorites in Vegas and up 6 at half.  I’ll stick with Ford.

The game day thread is almost unreadable.

Eat it Geldie.  Belmont is clearly exhausted and we are keeping them in the game.  Spread shooters and bury them. 

7 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Team is infuriating to watch at times

We’re 7-2 after losing our top 3 players from last season.  We’re leading by six at half in a game in which we’re favored by 2.5.  We held a high scoring team to 26 at half.  Exactly what part are you unhappy with?

AGB91 likes this

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

First half, we’re 4-13 on layups. It was 18-3 at the 12:33 mark so we were outscored 23-14 the rest of the way. I don’t like the trend.

Me neither. And u know Belmont’s big guy is not gonna stay stifled in the 2nd half. 

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It's been a trend the last three games that the third or fourth scorer has torched us - Kigab (who has since become BSU's leading scorer), Ertel, and now Richard. We seem to do a good job against the top two guys and let the third guy go off.

wondering if you need yuri, nesbitt and fred in at once. 

5 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Eat it Geldie.  Belmont is clearly exhausted and we are keeping them in the game.  Spread shooters and bury them. 

I eat a lot at times, but no thanks.  I’d rather watch the team I love and be happy and enjoy what I’m seeing than be miserable constantly.  If being a fan is about constant complaining, perhaps a new hobby is in order.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

We’re 7-2 after losing our top 3 players from last season.  We’re leading by six at half in a game in which we’re favored by 2.5.  We held a high scoring team to 26 at half.  Exactly what part are you unhappy with?

Possibly 14 points in 12 mins?