Jump to content

Big East expansion coming?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

From what I have heard this announcement is big facilities wise and is the kind of thing that helps when you make your case to the Big East.

That’s what I was thinking. If it isn’t announcing a move to the BE then a major sports facilities upgrade may be the next best thing. That, or bringing back SLU football 🙊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, brianstl said:

From what I have heard this announcement is big facilities wise and is the kind of thing that helps when you make your case to the Big East.


BeerPong/Flip Cup/Corn hole facility! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

This project is one of the worst kept secrets at SLU right now. Making a formal announcement isn't just about informing alumni and the St Louis public. The Big East is targeted here too

How about you  make it one of the worst kept secrets outside of SLU and let us all in on the fun?

EDIT: Just came across this Twit

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve heard rumors about what some at the university wanted to do regarding athletic facilities and could imagine things falling in to place if other midtown development rumor like TopGolf are about to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets look at it this way, we will find out for sure next Tuesday. Whether or not there will be other announcements associated with the supposed facilities expansion, assuming that this is what they are planning to announce, will either come out coming Tuesday or soon thereafter. Yes, this may well be a combined announcement... or not. Rumors will likely go from the ying to the yang during this period of time. It will be what it will be.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pakapablo said:

Public invited............who can show up at 2pm on a Tuesday?.......Maybe a few students.

 

Are you kidding? Haven't you noticed the AARP crowd that follows this team? And I include myself. We can all show up with our walkers and canes. The golf carts will be busy from the parking lot. They'll probably have oxygen available at the concession stands. That's why it's at 2 pm on a weekday. After the morning doctor appointments and before the Early Bird Specials at the All Ya Can Eat.

At least they haven't asked everyone to bring their checkbooks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-our competition for a spot isn't current BEast members but I have to think at least to some degree it is the perception of our program(s) in the eyes of current BEast members 

This is what the recently retired, 27 year Creighton AD tweeted about it:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, courtside said:

This is what the recently retired, 27 year Creighton AD tweeted about it:

 

Good thing for us he isn’t involved in the process in anyway and has no inside information.  If Rasmussen knew what was actually going on, he wouldn’t be tweeting about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, brianstl said:

Good thing for us he isn’t involved in the process in anyway and has no inside information.  If Rasmussen knew what was actually going on, he wouldn’t be tweeting about.

I think he was having some fun. He only retired a couple of months ago. He isn’t exactly out of the loop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Are you kidding? Haven't you noticed the AARP crowd that follows this team? And I include myself. We can all show up with our walkers and canes. The golf carts will be busy from the parking lot. They'll probably have oxygen available at the concession stands. That's why it's at 2 pm on a weekday. After the morning doctor appointments and before the Early Bird Specials at the All Ya Can Eat.

At least they haven't asked everyone to bring their checkbooks.

At this level, the checkbooks will come into play later on. I am pretty sure they are counting/hoping the announcement will loosen the purse strings of ALL potential donors. One thing to keep in mind, if they are announcing significant athletic facility expansion, they probably have already secured the required financial support pledges from big donors, they are not going to use the endowment for this purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...