Jump to content

Welcome, Kellen Thames!


Recommended Posts

On 7/9/2021 at 3:28 PM, Reinert310 said:

I mean, this type of relationship occurs a lot, even in the A10. Dayton and Ohio State, Bona and Syracuse. It’s natural when the proximity is that close. But Mizzou fans’ opinions of our recruits couldn’t mean any less to me.

Mizzou has fans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Drink is where Ford was in 2016-17.  Odom was Jim Crews on the gridiron. Now, if his teams consistently lose to Kentucky, SC, and heaven forbid Vanderbilt, then you bet your ass I will be calling for his job too.

 But do they redact Odoms name?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Drink is where Ford was in 2016-17.  Odom was Jim Crews on the gridiron. Now, if his teams consistently lose to Kentucky, SC, and heaven forbid Vanderbilt, then you bet your ass I will be calling for his job too.

It’s not even close to the same thing. Mizzou is still an SEC school. I’m football they’re the best conference in the country. A better comparison would be if Drink took over for Odom at San Diego State, or if Ford took over for Crews at Northwestern. The job Ford has done, especially under some extreme circumstances in at least 3 of his seasons at SLU, has been excellent. He doesn’t deserve anywhere the amount of sh!t that you give him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

It’s not even close to the same thing. Mizzou is still an SEC school. I’m football they’re the best conference in the country. A better comparison would be if Drink took over for Odom at San Diego State, or if Ford took over for Crews at Northwestern. The job Ford has done, especially under some extreme circumstances in at least 3 of his seasons at SLU, has been excellent. He doesn’t deserve anywhere the amount of sh!t that you give him.

Stop responding to the troll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Bump

Been to SLU - Mizzou games when Mizzou was clearly the better program.  And each and every of those games were tight, competitive, fantastic games.  Imagine the rivelry now that SLU is arguably the better of the two programs?  And the revenue boost BOTH programs would see would be substantial.  Too bad for the narrow minded people who keep this game from happening annually.  A netral site game in St. Louis then KC would be an ESPN game and a full house in near 20,000 seat stadiums.

And Thames.  Good pickup for SLU, loss for Mizzou.  And if Kellen can play effectively as the point guard of the future then he immediately becomes an incredible pick-up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Been to SLU - Mizzou games when Mizzou was clearly the better program.  And each and every of those games were tight, competitive, fantastic games.  Imagine the rivery now that SLU is arguably the better of the two programs?  And the revenue boost BOTH programs would see would be substantial.  Too bad for the narrow minded people who keep this game from happening annually.  A netral site game in St. Louis then KC would be an ESPN game and a full house in near 20,000 seat stadiums.

And Thames.  Good pickup for SLU, loss for Mizzou.  And if Kellen can play effectively as the point guard of the future then he immediately becomes an incredible pick-up.

I also was in attendance for those games and agree that it could be a revenue boost for both teams.  The problem is it takes two to tango and Missouri has no interest in playing us and honestly I long ago lost interest in the game.  Both don't need each other to succeed so until both teams can be treated by each other as equal peers than it has no interest for me.  By the way a game between the two in KC would be a mistake.  Any games should be in both Columbia and StL.  A game in KC has no special draw for TV than the other spots and it would be better for both fan bases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I also was in attendance for those games and agree that it could be a revenue boost for both teams.  The problem is it takes two to tango and Missouri has no interest in playing us and honestly I long ago lost interest in the game.  Both don't need each other to succeed so until both teams can be treated by each other as equal peers than it has no interest for me.  By the way a game between the two in KC would be a mistake.  Any games should be in both Columbia and StL.  A game in KC has no special draw for TV than the other spots and it would be better for both fan bases.

I think this game would have to be in KC; it gives MU two distinct advantages - one, being that it makes SLU travel the width of the state and they would have the larger fan base. Second, it wouldn’t be locally exposing them to STL-based recruits to potentially two losses in the same city (one to Illinois, the other to us). 
If I’m the warden, I’d schedule this game as the Norm Stewart Classic or something and rotate SLU, SEMO, SMS, UMKC, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just dont see what the billikens have to gain playing such a lesser program.  definitely cant see it as an advantage to go play there.   they want to come here occasionally i guess we can do a buy game like that.   

 i'd rather concentrate on scheduling big time programs and getting home and away series with those programs.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

I think this game would have to be in KC; it gives MU two distinct advantages - one, being that it makes SLU travel the width of the state and they would have the larger fan base. Second, it wouldn’t be locally exposing them to STL-based recruits to potentially two losses in the same city (one to Illinois, the other to us). 
If I’m the warden, I’d schedule this game as the Norm Stewart Classic or something and rotate SLU, SEMO, SMS, UMKC, etc. 

That idea has been talked about a long time a go and Missouri has even less interest in something like that.  In their mind, giving this type of a platform to the lesser programs has no upside at all.  Why would you ever want to give an advantage to Missouri - if you are willing to do anything just to get the game then forget it that is an approach that is from weakness and why would we ever put ourselves that position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

I think this game would have to be in KC; it gives MU two distinct advantages - one, being that it makes SLU travel the width of the state and they would have the larger fan base. Second, it wouldn’t be locally exposing them to STL-based recruits to potentially two losses in the same city (one to Illinois, the other to us). 
If I’m the warden, I’d schedule this game as the Norm Stewart Classic or something and rotate SLU, SEMO, SMS, UMKC, etc. 

Why do we want to give Mizzou two distinct advantages? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Why do we want to give Mizzou two distinct advantages? 

particularly since they are the inferior program.   mi$$ouri should go play semo and southwest missouri state first before they can play us.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Congrats Mr. Thames! You made the right choice. No one here even really thinks about your other options! As fans, we are solely focused on winning, and not dragging down the competition!

Well, to be fair, fans from the school he chose are excited to have him. Fans from the school he didn’t choose claimed they never really wanted him. But you’re right, we’ve gotten off track. Everyone here is happy to have you, Kellen! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...