Billikens.com Message Board

Fair points - the issue is more who shoots the FTs then what the team % is.  If you get Jacobs, Perkins, and Goodwin shooting we could easily be a 70% FT team.  The problem is French gets his 10 FT shots usually earlier in the game and he hits 3-4 so the team is always fighting up stream.  If the other 3 shoot earlier then French has less pressure and his impact is less on the others.  I know Goodwin is not a great FT shooter like the other 2 but honestly he can shoot 60%.

Just now, cheeseman said:

Fair points - the issue is more who shoots the FTs then what the team % is.  If you get Jacobs, Perkins, and Goodwin shooting we could easily be a 70% FT team.  The problem is French gets his 10 FT shots usually earlier in the game and he hits 3-4 so the team is always fighting up stream.  If the other 3 shoot earlier then French has less pressure and his impact is less on the others.  I know Goodwin is not a great FT shooter like the other 2 but honestly he can shoot 60%.

Yep.   And when others have an off night - such as when Jacobs and Perkins each go 0-2 (which happens to the best) and French and Goodwin both struggled, we are really, really bad. Taking the pressure off French to be our only interior scorer (Bell) and stretching the defense to make them play more honest will really help him.

3 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

We are really not as bad of a FT shooting team as some make us out to be.

We are the second worst free throw shooting team in the country.  No way to spin that.  Just serves as contrast to show how good we are at other things.

I firmly maintain that if we are an average free throw shooting team, at 65-70%, we are undefeated right now, or maybe have 1 loss to Auburn.

4 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

We are the second worst free throw shooting team in the country.  No way to spin that.  Just serves as contrast to show how good we are at other things.

I firmly maintain that if we are an average free throw shooting team, at 65-70%, we are undefeated right now, or maybe have 1 loss to Auburn.

Nah. Seton Hall clowned us. A better free throw percentage doesn't save that game.

3 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Nah. Seton Hall clowned us. A better free throw percentage doesn't save that game.

Yeah, you might be right there.  Didn't realize they trounced us that badly.