Jump to content

The House That Rick Built Podcast


Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, billikenfan05 said:

Please go give this a watch

This morning when I turned it on it only had 5 views now in the 20s.  Watched the whole thing today.  Surreal knowing Love passed right after he did this.  Was really a great episode and we got several interesting tidbits from Love over the course of the game.  I hadn't watched this game since it aired.  It has renewed my hatred of the Bearcats.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...

New episode out now. I make the bold (and likely debated) statement of no college hoops this year in one of the more downer episodes we’ve ever dropped. Summer of the corona continues. 
 

Also side tech note: I stopped recording audio separate of the video and now I just cut the audio from the finished video file, saves me time and effort. However I felt like on the listen back the audio quality might have dropped and maybe I just have too much time on my hands, but if anyone notices any issues feel free to reach out I may always end up switching back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode 81:

iTunes:https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-house-that-rick-built/id1450098755#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.spreaker.com%2Fepisode%2F41230125

Spotify: Has decided that today it won't be updating show logs so as soon as that updates, you will know.

Spreaker:https://www.spreaker.com/episode/41230125

YouTube:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, we have another interview episode, this time with Tremaine Isabell and it was another good one, one covering  more recent events than usual such as CG's departure, a certain layup at the end of a Duquesne game, message board comment suffers and much much more. Please, if you are looking for something to do this weekend, check out the video edition I think it turns out really well, especially for these longer interviews and hopefully this continues. Thanks for following along as always.

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-house-that-rick-built/id1450098755#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.spreaker.com%2Fepisode%2F41825163

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5EhtgSDAS3yMGytbWRTNM2?si=7O4d1i0SSgOWh82czBme2A

Spreaker: https://www.spreaker.com/episode/41825163

YouTube: https://youtu.be/ANV6hzy5nrY

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The House That Rick Built said:

Hey guys, we have another interview episode, this time with Tremaine Isabell and it was another good one, one covering  more recent events than usual such as CG's departure, a certain layup at the end of a Duquesne game, message board comment suffers and much much more. Please, if you are looking for something to do this weekend, check out the video edition I think it turns out really well, especially for these longer interviews and hopefully this continues. Thanks for following along as always.

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-house-that-rick-built/id1450098755#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.spreaker.com%2Fepisode%2F41825163

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5EhtgSDAS3yMGytbWRTNM2?si=7O4d1i0SSgOWh82czBme2A

Spreaker: https://www.spreaker.com/episode/41825163

YouTube: https://youtu.be/ANV6hzy5nrY

Surfers* clearly need to proofread more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

In case you haven’t heard enough yet, here’s the new thing I eluded to on our 100th episode. Another Billikens Podcast, hesitantly entitled “the West Pine Bills Show”, is out now. HAPPY GAME DAY!!!

 

Apple - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-1-20-21-season-expectations/id1541785761?i=1000500021228

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/3JD0Wvx6ygawh3llXD5C7n?si=CQLCxTvWSyq6TS-YOO-x3g

Spreaker - https://www.spreaker.com/episode/42132984

YouTube - 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The House That Rick Built said:

Check out episode 100 and at 7 PM CST tonight, our Javon Bess interview drops on YouTube with audio dropping at 7:30.

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-qIkORQMQmKj01aCHuqgUw

That was great! It was interesting to hear Bess really talk up how talented Jacobs is. He's sort of an after thought on our team now. Man, we are loaded. Final Four!

Link to post
Share on other sites

-for Seth Davis, talking about a normal season, unless a team is Gonz, and perhaps even for them, it is getting more difficult each season for non P6 teams to get games with P6 teams and almost impossible to get these games at home, do you agree? do you have a solution/recommendation? I would reward and/or punish P6 when it comes to the Tourney either with seeding or travel around this issue until I could determine a better and more significant way to address this

-also, regarding making the Tournament, I am not a 'reward mediocrity' person in life and certainly not when it comes to the Tourney, would you be in favor of a RULE where a team has to be at least one game over .500 in their league to get an at-large bid? EVERY possible way to get an at-large is stacked in favor of P6 teams, they get many more Quad 1 or 2 games where non P6 teams get so few there is so much pressure on the couple games a non P6 team might play during the season. While realizing the 2020 Tournament did not happen, seeing teams like Purdue with 15 losses and Indiana with 12 losses and each being two games under .500 in the Big 10 be projected as in or on the bubble but teams like Richmond with 24-7 record in a very good conference or Stephen F Austin with a 28-3 record or Northern Iowa with a 25-6 record are not projected as 'locks' or in or are thought to be out of the Tournament all together.  The emphasis should be on games WON and LOST

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-for Seth Davis, talking about a normal season, unless a team is Gonz, and perhaps even for them, it is getting more difficult each season for non P6 teams to get games with P6 teams and almost impossible to get these games at home, do you agree? do you have a solution/recommendation? I would reward and/or punish P6 when it comes to the Tourney either with seeding or travel around this issue until I could determine a better and more significant way to address this

-also, regarding making the Tournament, I am not a 'reward mediocrity' person in life and certainly not when it comes to the Tourney, would you be in favor of a RULE where a team has to be at least one game over .500 in their league to get an at-large bid? EVERY possible way to get an at-large is stacked in favor of P6 teams, they get many more Quad 1 or 2 games where non P6 teams get so few there is so much pressure on the couple games a non P6 team might play during the season. While realizing the 2020 Tournament did not happen, seeing teams like Purdue with 15 losses and Indiana with 12 losses and each being two games under .500 in the Big 10 be projected as in or on the bubble but teams like Richmond with 24-7 record in a very good conference or Stephen F Austin with a 28-3 record or Northern Iowa with a 25-6 record are not projected as 'locks' or in or are thought to be out of the Tournament all together.  The emphasis should be on games WON and LOST

These are great questions for Greenberg because he has coached at every level of CBB.  Started at Long Beach State (Big West), then South Florida (C-USA), and then Va Tech (ACC).

Being South Florida's coach back in the late 1990s - early 2000s, I'm sure he has some stories about playing the Billikens during a pretty interesting time in their history (Spoon, Hughes, Romar, Justin Love, Brad, etc.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

These are great questions for Greenberg because he has coached at every level of CBB.  Started at Long Beach State (Big West), then South Florida (C-USA), and then Va Tech (ACC).

Being South Florida's coach back in the late 1990s - early 2000s, I'm sure he has some stories about playing the Billikens during a pretty interesting time in their history (Spoon, Hughes, Romar, Justin Love, Brad, etc.)

 

Didn't see these prior to recording. Will keep them in mind for Seth Davis should that comes to pass. However, while these questions weren't phrased the same on the podcast, I do think you will find some of the answers you were hoping for. Podcast coming soon, editing now..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...