Goodwin Story

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

From what I hear, JG is going to have a very tough time securing triple doubles next season.  It’s not because he won’t be stronger, smarter, and quicker than last season.  It’s not because he won’t garner the points and assists.  It’s because grabbing 10 rebounds is becoming increasingly untenable.

Word from team workouts is Luis has turned himself into a rebounding machine. A veritable Hulk to French’s Thing.  There will no longer be a lull when French leaves the game...let alone when both Santos and French are on the court at the same time....

Interesting comment.  This past season, Coach set up Goodwin to grab rebounds.  He had Roby peel back to defend when we took a shot and had Goodwin crash the offensive boards.  Anthony and to an extent Foreman, were adept at boxing out their man, allowing an easier path for others (Goodwin and Bess) to grab the rebound on either end. This is one of the reasons for Foreman's relatively low rebound totals. 

Brian, Coach Ford explained this on one of his shows.  No need to nitpick.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

From what I hear, JG is going to have a very tough time securing triple doubles next season.  It’s not because he won’t be stronger, smarter, and quicker than last season.  It’s not because he won’t garner the points and assists.  It’s because grabbing 10 rebounds is becoming increasingly untenable.

Word from team workouts is Luis has turned himself into a rebounding machine. A veritable Hulk to French’s Thing.  There will no longer be a lull when French leaves the game...let alone when both Santos and French are on the court at the same time....

I also heard that one of the incoming recruits, I think he is from the St. Louis suburbs, might be able to grab a few rebounds.  😉

VeniceMenace likes this

22 hours ago, bauman said:

Is any story, no matter how positive, that discusses Goodwin going to be fair game to once again argue "facts" about the S2 case?  Really, this thread is supposed to be about JG's return to the program, yet it has been hi-jacked to a discussion about a 2017 incident that we are close to putting in SLU basketball's rearview mirror.  There is a 200+ page thread on S2 and the way it was mishandled by various school administrators.  Would it be possible to ask those of you who still feel the need to write about that incident to post in that thread and keep threads such as this one limited to the Topic line?

-I wondered about this, too and figured this story could have mention of it as why else is there a story? then I'll give Stu an article on the season preview to mention S2, but that should end it but won't

13 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

Marriott-towel-set-MAR-310-SET_xlrg.jpg

Six (6) days (or as we used to say in the armed services; 5 days and a wake up) until one of our most important recruits over the recent past, returns to campus.  I hope that is also the day that our incoming freshmen can check in to SLU.  A big day for the return to prominence of Billiken basketball!

31 minutes ago, bauman said:

Six (6) days (or as we used to say in the armed services; 5 days and a wake up) until one of our most important recruits over the recent past, returns to campus.  I hope that is also the day that our incoming freshmen can check in to SLU.  A big day for the return to prominence of Billiken basketball!

im going to darty all day long when jgood gets on campus. 

3 days and a wake-up, but who's counting?

My biggest concern right now is Bess returning, especially after seeing him with Roby on Graduation Day.  I'll feel better when I know for sure that Bess will be part (an important part)  of the team in 18-19.  I see JB as the true leader of this young team, in addition to his outstanding basketball abilities.

Does anybody know for sure that he is not going to just take his degree and move on, or go the grad transfer route, even at this late date?

18 minutes ago, bauman said:

3 days and a wake-up, but who's counting?

My biggest concern right now is Bess returning, especially after seeing him with Roby on Graduation Day.  I'll feel better when I know for sure that Bess will be part (an important part)  of the team in 18-19.  I see JB as the true leader of this young team, in addition to his outstanding basketball abilities.

Does anybody know for sure that he is not going to just take his degree and move on, or go the grad transfer route, even at this late date?

This was an instagram exchange between him and French in early March on the right where he said "watch how we come next year."  I would be surprised if he transferred.

image.png.76ab4f3c5cec40f23bdfc6310dfac4ec.png

LindellWest likes this

37 minutes ago, bauman said:

Wild speculation based on nothing but paranoia 

SLU_Nick likes this

I would be surprised if Bess would transfer.  He has finally found a place where he knows he fits, knows the expectations, and he knows he will play.  For somebody who has had trouble meeting expectations out of high school all of the above are very important.