Goodwin Story

I remember when all the players were in that picture tweet and then 3 days later the administration tried to give us the death penalty. I guess this is the same . To think that I was going to put down my season ticket deposit today 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I remember when all the players were in that picture tweet and then 3 days later the administration tried to give us the death penalty. I guess this is the same . To think that I was going to put down my season ticket deposit today 

Have they sent out stuff for renewing season tickets?  

Which account tweeted that out? The athletic department or men's basketball? I'm so confused as to why they'd take that down.

And by the way, EVERYONE in my feed retweeted that so there are a lot of tweets that look like this now:

(Link goes to: "This tweet is unavailable.")

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I  can't believe they actually deleted it. Is Goodwin not allowed to be a part of the marketing of the program now? What a CF. 

-the ADept had how much time to think about their actions when reinstatement was going to happen and they come up with a tweet to sell tickets and a day later delete it, feels like I have seen this movie before

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Which account tweeted that out? The athletic department or men's basketball? I'm so confused as to why they'd take that down.

And by the way, EVERYONE in my feed retweeted that so there are a lot of tweets that look like this now:

(Link goes to: "This tweet is unavailable.")

It was the Billikens Athletics - @SLU_Billikens account. 

27 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-the ADept had how much time to think about their actions when reinstatement was going to happen and they come up with a tweet to sell tickets and a day later delete it, feels like I have seen this movie before

You really think anyone besides the person controlling the twitter account we’re even concerned with how to welcome Goodwin being back on campus? I imagine the powers at he would have liked to have goodwins return be as quiet as possible, given the allegations leading to investigation and suspension.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You really think anyone besides the person controlling the twitter account we’re even concerned with how to welcome Goodwin being back on campus? I imagine the powers at he would have liked to have goodwins return be as quiet as possible, given the allegations leading to investigation and suspension.

If that's the case, they should have been all over this since he left in February. He's back in school and on the team so let's treat him like it. Is this going to follow him for the next 3 years. Hell they even put out a release for Kwamain when he came back. http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=632634&SPID=93215&DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205257688 

28 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

-yes

Just now, Box and Won said:

Maybe they received some unpleasant responses and decided to pull the plug on it.

-possible, which could go with the question I had a few weeks ago about how JGood's introduction will be handled/mishandled

3 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Maybe they received some unpleasant responses and decided to pull the plug on it.

Well I guess it's time to fill up those same inboxes with unpleasant responses for deleting a tweet that promoted two of they young stars that are enrolled in the school and have earned the right to be on the team.  No logical reason to delete that tweet.  

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is just another only at SLU moment.  SLU is the home of the unforced error.  It is really awful that they pulled the tweet.  It was the best tweet the program had in months.

862060012_BillikenAthletics(@SLU_Billikens)_Twitter.thumb.jpg.7a91d6e12ebef5a387b40da3e6e42e60.jpg

I guess Freddy P got his panties in a wad and forced them to pull it. Just completely dumbfounding. This administration never ceases to amaze me. 

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Likely a handful of responses from the feminazis on SLU's campus. Freddy probably didn't want to offend them. 

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-possible, which could go with the question I had a few weeks ago about how JGood's introduction will be handled/mishandled

yeah I wonder if the ushers will physically force the fans to not give him a standing ovation in his first game back.

Dr. Chaifetz even tweeted the article that started this thread saying he can't wait to see Jordan back on campus and that is a member of the BoT and the guy who the business school now carries his name.  But they feel a tweet promoting one of the star players that is on the team should be deleted?  It makes no sense.  

11 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Just now, brianstl said:

I didn't see any negative replies to the tweet when it was up.  I did see a great Bobby Brown gif.

Same here. I saw 100% positive replies, although I didn't go back and check right before it was taken down, so I guess it's possible there were some negative ones or maybe emails/direct messages.

There are a lot of problems here. First, if you're going to take a student back, take him back unconditionally. You can't pretend he's not there. He deserves the same treatment as any other student. There isn't a middle ground here. Someone is either worthy of your institution or he/she isn't. Absolutely unacceptable way to treat a student.

Which leads to the second issue, that there's clearly still disagreement within the AD or larger institution about how he's to be handled, and that's a major problem because he's already back on campus. That should've been decided and communicated to all by now. No excuses.

Third, this was retweeted and liked by a lot of people, including players, coaches, media, etc. This drew more of a response during its brief lifespan than any tweet they've put out in quite a while. Now there's an awkward dead link out there, a popped balloon.

I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. I continue to be perplexed, frustrated, and embarrassed by SLU.