Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what is going on. If this is correct, someone is probably leaving. Welmer may be the one, he did receive his bachelor's degree already and his foot is and has been a recurring issue. We should be hearing something in this regard in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

No idea what is going on. If this is correct, someone is probably leaving. Welmer may be the one, he did receive his bachelor's degree already and his foot is and has been a recurring issue. We should be hearing something in this regard in the near future.

I recommend you read the threads before beginning to speculate.

Dion Wiley 

Shooting grade

F-  /  B-  / S3

Notes...FG% is based on 3 years to get a big enough sample size......3P% is based on last year.....FT%  Even using 3 years worth of shots,  sample size is still too small

On 3/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, ACE said:

Most of the guard grad transfers at this point have been from lower conferences perhaps looking to move up.

This one could be the opposite - Dion Wiley, 6-4, from Maryland. Only averaged about 6 ppg, but was ranked #52 nationally coming out of high school. Known as an excellent shooter. Has battled injuries during his career and has been passed by on the depth chart by some other players. Could be the kind of player who could make an impact in the A-10. SLU can make the Javon Bess comparison during a recruiting pitch - a player from the Big 10 who battled injuries and didn't put up big numbers  - has come to SLU and thrived. 

This is what I posted a couple months ago. Maybe Ford used my recruiting pitch idea. 😉 Wake, Clemson and Virginia Tech and Georgia were among the schools who showed interest in Wiley. This signing seemingly came out of nowhere. Amazing few days for Ford. This time last week I was concerned that we weren't quite an NCAA Tourney caliber team due to lack of experience and and perimeter scoring in the backcourt. To land two of the best available grad transfers at this point is a great accomplishment. Wiley seems like the perfect 6th man. We just need a reliable catch and shoot guy. He shot nearly 37% from 3. I'd take that again. 

majerus mojo likes this

On 6/1/2018 at 12:30 PM, wgstl said:

1) I was more along the lines as kidding

2)It was only about 5-6 months ago(?) Isabel tweeted something in regards to Tigerboard. Some people were talking about him on TB and he didnt like that.  So for a player to be checking a message board of a team, he hasnt played for in about 3 years was bizarre.  Also wasnt the first time Isabel and some mbm sorta got into it. 

I believe that's the tweetwhere he said he loved Mizzou and would send his kids there. Correct?

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

This is what I posted a couple months ago. Maybe Ford used my recruiting pitch idea. 😉 Wake, Clemson and Virginia Tech and Georgia were among the schools who showed interest in Wiley. This signing seemingly came out of nowhere. Amazing few days for Ford. This time last week I was concerned that we weren't quite an NCAA Tourney caliber team due to lack of experience and and perimeter scoring in the backcourt. To land two of the best available grad transfers at this point is a great accomplishment. Wiley seems like the perfect 6th man. We just need a reliable catch and shoot guy. He shot nearly 37% from 3. I'd take that again. 

I was complaining about recruiting being slow and then Ford gets 3 commits in 4 days. LOL. Total MBM move. 

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Dion Wiley 

Shooting grade

F-  /  B-  / S3

Notes...FG% is based on 3 years to get a big enough sample size......3P% is based on last year.....FT%  Even using 3 years worth of shots,  sample size is still too small

Yea but how different was bess from his move from Michigan state to Slu?

35 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Boy, recruiting the 2019 Class has been slow......see if that works......

Its been a long time since Ford has landed a 4 or 5 star recruit too.. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Where is the eyeroll emoji?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Wiley will be a decent backup in the A10.  I'm not sure he will make any more of an impact than Austin would have. Multiple injuries, backup on a mediocre big ten team, not really a pg but not a lights out shooter either.  Also this guy has been available for a while, Ford chose to fill spots with freshman over him.  When we lose a couple recruits then he looks at Wiley.  Isabell is the major catch, even then he's probably our 4th option on offense.  If Wiley is our 8th or 9th man we are in decent shape.  

50 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Yea but how different was bess from his move from Michigan state to Slu?

Bess didn't have enough shots in any category in 2 years  at MSU to have a grade...small sample size...S3

8 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Wiley will be a decent backup in the A10.  I'm not sure he will make any more of an impact than Austin would have. Multiple injuries, backup on a mediocre big ten team, not really a pg but not a lights out shooter either.  Also this guy has been available for a while, Ford chose to fill spots with freshman over him.  When we lose a couple recruits then he looks at Wiley.  Isabell is the major catch, even then he's probably our 4th option on offense.  If Wiley is our 8th or 9th man we are in decent shape.  

Wiley>>>>>Austin

Marylands 2 best players were guards, sure maryland wasnt great, but wasnt because of guard play. 

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Wiley>>>>>Austin

Marylands 2 best players were guards, sure maryland wasnt great, but wasnt because of guard play. 

Vandy was just as good at guard as Maryland.  LaChance, Seben, and Fisher-Davis were all really good guards.  Vandy had no one taller than 6'6" that could give them consistent production.  

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Vandy was just as good at guard as Maryland.  LaChance, Seben, and Fisher-Davis were all really good guards.  Vandy had no one taller than 6'6" that could give them consistent production.  

Austin can't and won't shoot. Wiley can shoot. 

45 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Where is the eyeroll emoji?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Cheer up sunshine! You crack me up, although I'm not sure that is your intention 😀 Larry Austin? 🙄There's your eye roll. On a team desperate for shooters, why add another guy who can't shoot?

The "backup" actually started 16 of Maryland's 28 games.