GDT? Did everyone go to olean?

Band Legend

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I didn't say the idea of women playing sports or minorities is offensive to me.  I am saying I am tired of "if it's on the TV it must be true."

What from those ads isn't true, then?

Maybe you can channel your anger at Hines instead.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Final line for Adams: 44 points, 14-18, 10-13 from 3, 6-8 FT, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 fouls.

Honestly, I have to hand it to Adams and Bonaventure. That's a special night.

I just wish our guys were up to the task of matching him. If we hadn't been turning it over and taking stupid shots, this could have been a really fun one.

CBFan and JettFlight5 like this

Well, that sucked re-group look forward to Saturdays game.

Have a good night everyone.

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Adams was outstanding, but isn’t the reason we lost.  We had 12 more turnovers than them. 12-23 from the line.  Hines and Roby were a combined 1-11 from the field. We have to have more than 7 shots combined total from French and Foreman.

Thanks to we know what, SLU has no D1 shooting guards on its roster.

26 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

7-41 in the last 5 games.  Res ipsa loquitur.

Roby has had to log exorbitant minutes due to the lack of bench depth caused by Situation 2.0.

Yes, our senior leader and 1000 point scorer isn’t a division one basketball player. Lay off the hard stuff, fella

34 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Yes, our senior leader and 1000 point scorer isn’t a division one basketball player. Lay off the hard stuff, fella

Roby is a driver, a basketball slasher, not a true spot shooting guard.  He has had his moments this season as a shooter, including the SEMO game I saw in person, but due to Situation 2.0, he has been pressed into playing positions and roles that are not his natural positions.  Lately he has been pressed into duty at point guard.  Having to log all those minutes by necessity may well be affecting his outside shot now

The point is this:  the SLU roster is greatly diminished by SLU Situation 2.0. 

1 hour ago, tarheelbilliken said:

It seems like since we joined the A10, about a dozen years ago, we always had a annual home/away series with the Bona. :(

He have a home-and-home with them this year, and it's the third year in a row they've been one of our two-time A10 opponents. We played them twice in 2013-2014, but only because we drew them in the A10 Tournament. Every other season since joining the A10, we've played them once.

The all-time series now stands at 11-13, but the W column is inflated because we never lost to them before joining the A10 (6-0 from 1950 to 2002). Since joining the league, we've beaten them 5 times and lost 13, including the last 7. The last time we beat them was 1/15/14 at home.

So our recent history with them is why it seems like we've had a home-and-home with them so frequently, even though it's only been three times.

SLU has one particularly bad all-time record against St. Bonaventure - largest halftime deficit ever. 31 points on 1/17/17. Mobley went off against us that game, hitting 6 3-pointers (he was a perfect 6 of 6). Adams had 14 assists. Both of those numbers were also all-time highs allowed by SLU until Adams' 10 3-pointers last night.