Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation and the legal representation the players have, if the assumed circumstances is actually what happened, I sort of feel like the players involved should receive some type of discipline (however minor) for just being stupid.  A "violation of team rules" type of thing.  Then again, if the names aren't publicly leaked and that discipline alone would out them as the accused, maybe not.

1 minute ago, NextYearBill said:

Rosenblum????.....  Alright so lets talk about who is going to NYC to watch our full squad compete against VaTech

Honestly, the fact that these guys have the cash to retain such impressive legal counsel and the FBI is currently conducting a probe into NCAA basketball corruption has me about as worried as the sexual assault allegations now.

Just now, RUBillsFan said:

Honestly, the fact that these guys have the cash to retain such impressive legal counsel and the FBI is currently conducting a probe into NCAA basketball corruption has me about as worried as the sexual assault allegations now.

pro bono baby. high profile tax write off

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation and the legal representation the players have, if the assumed circumstances is actually what happened, I sort of feel like the players involved should receive some type of discipline (however minor) for just being stupid.  A "violation of team rules" type of thing.  Then again, if the names aren't publicly leaked and that discipline alone would out them as the accused, maybe not.

This seems like a great point. Imagine you'd want to do everything possible to limit linking these guy's names to the allegations, if they are proven to be unfounded. 

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

This seems like a great point. Imagine you'd want to do everything possible to limit linking these guy's names to the allegations, if they are proven to be unfounded. 

To this point, I have heard that the reputation has followed Mitchell even overseas. Even having your name leaked for a case with no criminal charges can ruin your reputation for life. I am impressed that the board has not publicly said any names

21 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Interesting that Rogers specifically referenced the Title IX investigation. Its clear they have been hired to make sure there isn't another kangaroo court situation.

-sure seems like the players are following a different play book than what happened 7 years ago, I wonder what lessons the U learned from that instance that will be applied to this one? 

-let's have a fair, reasonable, equitable and speedy resolution based on all of the facts

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

Just now, Cowboy said:

-sure seems like the players are following a different play book than what happened 7 years ago, I wonder what lessons the U learned from that instance that will be applied to this one? 

Well, the athletic department certainly learned something from it. It was a real shame to hear how Kwamain and Willie were represented in comparison to their accuser for their situation. Now we will see how the University disciplinary board or whatever you call it handles it knowing what is sitting on the other side of the table. Regardless, I am really glad to hear that the players are receiving proper legal representation in a very serious matter.

35 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

To this point, I have heard that the reputation has followed Mitchell even overseas. Even having your name leaked for a case with no criminal charges can ruin your reputation for life. I am impressed that the board has not publicly said any names

This isn't that surprising.  When I google "Kwamain Mitchell" 2 of the top 5 search results are about the Situation 1.0.  Prospective employers are certainly going to at least google your name before signing you to a contract and sports fans aren't above using past incidents to taunt someone on the opposing team.

SLU should really have Kwam (or even Willie Reed) come back and talk to the current team before every season about his experience as a way to scare them into not behaving stupidly.

Edited by RUBillsFan
Willie is still behaving stupidly himself.
NextYearBill and Spoon-Balls like this

4 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This isn't that surprising.  When I google "Kwamain Mitchell" 2 of the top 5 search results are about the Situation 1.0.  Prospective employers are certainly going to at least google your name before signing you to a contract and sports fans aren't above using past incidents to taunt someone on the opposing team.

SLU should really have Kwam (or even Willie Reed) come back and talk to the current team before every season about his experience as a way to scare them into not behaving stupidly.

This is a really good idea 

12 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

At least Kwamain... it looks Willie is still doing stupid stuff.