Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

30 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Look, we're all struggling to get through this ordeal.  

But as a wise man once said, "You may have a plan, it never plans out.  But somehow, ironically, it plans out."

And, "If you're always winnin' then you don't understand what it is to win."

Watch this for some #EpicLearn.

#wisdom

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, ACE said:

This week is quickly coming to a close... can we expect a late Friday afternoon news dump?

Doubt we hear anything this week.  After they received preliminary report, both parties have 5 days to submit additional information and then it's finalized and sent to hearing officer with recommendation.  The hearing officer makes the call on punishment so would be next week earliest is my guess but again, a guess.  

10 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Doubt we hear anything this week.  After they received preliminary report, both parties have 5 days to submit additional information and then it's finalized and sent to hearing officer with recommendation.  The hearing officer makes the call on punishment so would be next week earliest is my guess but again, a guess.  

Where's that Ed Norton clip... closing his laptop?

1 hour ago, ACE said:

This week is quickly coming to a close... can we expect a late Friday afternoon news dump?

I doubt it. This week is only the preliminary investigative report. Then each side has X number of days to respond to it with possible missing information. Then more days till final report is created. Then more days till decision/adjudication from SLU. Then each side has 3 days to appeal. Then more time for 3-person board to make final decision. 

Other than possible status update announcements - and ultimate decision announcement - will be shocked if any details are released at any time. 

Just now, Adman said:

I doubt it. This week is only the preliminary investigative report. Then each side has X number of days to respond to it with possible missing information. Then more days till final report is created. Then more days till decision/adjudication from SLU. Then each side has 3 days to appeal. Then more time for 3-person board to make final decision. 

Other than possible status update announcements - and ultimate decision announcement - will be shocked if any details are released at any time. 

So you are looking at pretty much the full season for the suspended players even if no punishment is rendered by the hearing officer. Yikes. 

1 minute ago, Westy03 said:

So you are looking at pretty much the full season for the suspended players even if no punishment is rendered by the hearing officer. Yikes. 

No, wasn't saying that - though that's possible.

What I was saying was, due to the process, need for confidentiality throughout -- likely even after ultimate decision made due to possibility of lawsuits from either side -- makes it highly unlikely there will ever be a news dump, release of details. At best I suspect limited to status updates and ultimate decision. Heck, there are 3 players not playing... and no announcement of what is a fact. That they would now change their approach to confidentiality would be beyond shocking.

20 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I hardly could believe that the hearing officer has an unlimited amount of time to diddle with a matter.  If some decision is not reached in a timely fashion the school will be sued and an injunction will be obtained to let the players play.  That would be a terrible way for the school to go.

I'm sorry, meant to add that I share your concern of players being punished (not sure if officially suspended or what their official status is) without adjudication. Guilty until proven innocent. Then if no punishment rendered, still punished. Yikes is the nicest word for that. But we don't really know because of required confidentiality.

Bay Area Billiken likes this

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I hardly could believe that the hearing officer has an unlimited amount of time to diddle with a matter.  If some decision is not reached in a timely fashion the school will be sued and an injunction will be obtained to let the players play.  That would be a terrible way for the school to go.

60 days is the guideline. As I've read the Title IX documents from the federal government, the clear intention is to adjudicate quickly. But some flexibility is given on complicated cases, as mentioned in Dr. Pestello's communication. It seems odd there would be long delay here given video evidence, but we don't know the facts. They want to get it right. But I agree with you, due to possible lawsuit/injunction, I would think they won't dawdle.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Are you planning to sue them cheeseman?

23 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

I don’t know what this means but I’m not thinking positive.

If he transfers at the semester, does he have to sit out until 2nd semester next year? Would he only have that final semester to play? If so, he ought to look to go play pro ball somewhere now and forget about college ball.