Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Old guy said:

235 pages of guessing, hope, anger, and despair. Nothing you (plural) can do except to stop your donations, and rant. The issue I am talking about is how to develop a way to channel all of this anger into a useful purpose. For example, helping out with the suspended students expenses during their suspension. Just saying, that would be a purposeful way to channel the anger in a constructive way. Let's try hard to stay away from destructive activities, let's try to help the kids out somehow. Any thoughts about how this could be done?

How does one do that without ruining their NCAA eligibility?

4 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

This guy was/is (so I’ve heard) “fairly high up in SGA”... if this is any indication as to the mood on campus... yikes. vague, but also implies the guys have accepted their fate?

https://twitter.com/annie_palms/status/954496578575912961?s=17

at least another example of people throwing around “rape culture” who have attended/are attending SLU. There is definitely some division on campus about what actually happened. I figure it would be common sense that if a rape actually occurred, people would be in jail. But there are at least a solid, vocal few who are trying to get this point of view out to their SLU followers.

4 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

This guy was/is (so I’ve heard) “fairly high up in SGA”... if this is any indication as to the mood on campus... yikes. vague, but also implies the guys have accepted their fate?

I bet this guy gut shoved into lockers while he was in high school. 

What a ******. 

4 minutes ago, KCBills said:

at least another example of people throwing around “rape culture” who have attended/are attending SLU. There is definitely some division on campus about what actually happened. I figure it would be common sense that if a rape actually occurred, people would be in jail. But there are at least a solid, vocal few who are trying to get this point of view out to their SLU followers.

This gal is a sjw on a #metoo crusade.

She seems as pleasant as a colonoscopy. 

Screenshot_20180123-123746.png

27 minutes ago, Old guy said:

235 pages of guessing, hope, anger, and despair. Nothing you (plural) can do except to stop your donations, and rant. The issue I am talking about is how to develop a way to channel all of this anger into a useful purpose. For example, helping out with the suspended students expenses during their suspension. Just saying, that would be a purposeful way to channel the anger in a constructive way. Let's try hard to stay away from destructive activities, let's try to help the kids out somehow. Any thoughts about how this could be done?

really?   this would obviously be an ncaa violation and pretty much end their basketball career.   it would also likely get yourself banned as a booster at saint louis university.    are you sure you are a doctor?

15 minutes ago, KCBills said:

Man, some people  are becoming a parody of themselves, impossible to determine if someone is trolling or actually believes this level of crazy.Image result for your rights end where my feelings begin

This “rape culture” that these neo-feminists speak of is actually a new form of sexual Puritanism, which is the irony of progressives swinging the pendulum too far (and I consider myself to be on the left side of things). If you read Jacob Gersen and Jeannie Suk’s extensive piece, “The Sex Bureaucracy,” from the California Law Review, it’s pretty alarming that extremist feminists in University settings have been re-shaping sexual norms in unprecedented ways. What you end up with is a new form of Puritan sexuality, where plausibly any form of consensual sex can be considered assault or part of some sort of “rape culture." 

http://www.californialawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Gersen-and-Suk-37-FINAL.pdf

"Out of an abundance of caution, avoid ambiguity, get a yes, and avoid the cliff of nonconsent and sexual assault. In short order, however, the extra-cautious strategy of steering clear of the cliff became the new legal definition of consent. Once the line moved, commonsense advice was again to stay well clear of the edge: do not settle for a nod, a smile, or even a yes. Make sure the yes is enthusiastic. This was more than consent, supposedly creating a buffer from the risk of sexual assault. Very rapidly, however, the consent line shifted again to make enthusiasm a requirement of consent itself—anything less than enthusiasm is sexual assault. At each point, an attempt to remain a healthy distance from the cliff’s edge results in a change in where the cliff is. This is a process of legal erosion such that what was considered ordinary sex is regulated in ways that are unstable and uncertain. And as the context of highway stops for exceeding speed limits that nobody follows has shown, vagueness and over-inclusiveness means a likely disproportionate impact on minorities for conduct in which most people routinely engage."

Funny that those two students in the twitter posts don't want to look at the racial ramifications for all of this supposed "rape culture"...

5 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Looking through his older tweets, he doesn’t seem to be a fan of typical college guys.

25 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

This “rape culture” that these neo-feminists speak of is actually a new form of sexual Puritanism, which is the irony of progressives swinging the pendulum too far (and I consider myself to be on the left side of things). If you read Jacob Gersen and Jeannie Suk’s extensive piece, “The Sex Bureaucracy,” from the California Law Review, it’s pretty alarming that extremist feminists in University settings have been re-shaping sexual norms in unprecedented ways. What you end up with is a new form of Puritan sexuality, where plausibly any form of consensual sex can be considered assault or part of some sort of “rape culture." 

http://www.californialawreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Gersen-and-Suk-37-FINAL.pdf

"Out of an abundance of caution, avoid ambiguity, get a yes, and avoid the cliff of nonconsent and sexual assault. In short order, however, the extra-cautious strategy of steering clear of the cliff became the new legal definition of consent. Once the line moved, commonsense advice was again to stay well clear of the edge: do not settle for a nod, a smile, or even a yes. Make sure the yes is enthusiastic. This was more than consent, supposedly creating a buffer from the risk of sexual assault. Very rapidly, however, the consent line shifted again to make enthusiasm a requirement of consent itself—anything less than enthusiasm is sexual assault. At each point, an attempt to remain a healthy distance from the cliff’s edge results in a change in where the cliff is. This is a process of legal erosion such that what was considered ordinary sex is regulated in ways that are unstable and uncertain. And as the context of highway stops for exceeding speed limits that nobody follows has shown, vagueness and over-inclusiveness means a likely disproportionate impact on minorities for conduct in which most people routinely engage."

Funny that those two students in the twitter posts don't want to look at the racial ramifications for all of this supposed "rape culture"...

Most of these women could care less about black males.  The lives of black males are lot like other causes they claim to care about. They are nothing more than fashion accessories meant to make them look hip and to fit in.  The only thing they really care about is their self and will vigorously defend the cause that allows them to accept no personal responsibility for anything bad that happens to them. They will defend it while sacrificing every other cause they claim to care about.  These people claim to be woke, but are really just self absorbed narcissists.

Spoon-Balls likes this

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Right. If these four penalties all stand, they are all functionally expulsions.

Again I ask if this is what they are given can they quit SLU and transfer somewhere else just sit out a year like all transfers as opposed to the feminazi's ruling goes for the whole D-1?

5 minutes ago, almaman said:

Again I ask if this is what they are given can they quit SLU and transfer somewhere else just sit out a year like all transfers as opposed to the feminazi's ruling goes for the whole D-1?

They can always leave and sit out a year.  If they are kicked out after appeal, I’m sure they will petition the NCAA to waive them having to sit a year.

Just now, Littlebill said:

They did Saturday, and we haven't heard anything from lawyers or SLU, so you'd assume today is no different than the weekend.

I meant all of the suspended players, even the one's who haven't played this season.

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I meant all of the suspended players, even the one's who haven't played this season.

I have been wondering this, too.  I wouldn't think the appeal would impact a no contact issue if that was actually in place.