Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford isnt getting a job anywhere else right now.  This will be his third straight losing season and now he has players involved in sexual assault cases at his last two coaching stops.  I don’t think what happened here is his fault, but no AD can sell that resume to boosters and ticket buyers. 

Schasz likes this

39 minutes ago, aj_arete said:

Who says they didn't violate the moral code? However, having consensus premarital sex is likely not under the student code of conduct. The issue is the act being videotaped. If I was one of girls' parents, I'd be ashamed.

Where does filing a false police report fall under the "moral code"?

gobillsgo likes this

Sad part is I've sat courtside at both SLU and Miz this season. SLU hands down has better facilities for their premium donors and now it will all go to waste. the locker room/signage was tenfold better. All mizzou had was a banner held up by pins and their "courtside club was 1/10th size of lorenziNis and felt like a prison cell with one couch and two chairs. Grey Cinder block walls. Slu had won the facilities race and was getting there in recruiting. This kills the program Sad to see. 

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Ford isnt getting a job anywhere else right now.  This will be his third straight losing season and now he has players involved in sexual assault cases at his last two coaching stops.  I don’t think what happened here is his fault, but no AD can sell that resume to boosters and ticket buyers. 

What?  I don't recall that.  He had some of his recruits at Oklahoma State accused of sexual assault?

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Ford isnt getting a job anywhere else right now.  This will be his third straight losing season and now he has players involved in sexual assault cases at his last to coaching stops.  I don’t think what happened here is his fault, but no AD can sell that resume to boosters and ticket buyers. 

If anything he has job security here. Who could they get of any quality if he left.

Hopefully the appeal can knock down the punishment.  Take it to 1 year, get everyone back next year and move on.  KM needs to come in and talk to these guys.  I truly believe JGood loves SLU and this city.  He is the glue.  Get him to stay and play and maybe we can avoid total melt down.  

GoBills73 likes this

From what I've heard, the reason Goodwin was able to play was because he couldn't be identified by the girls. Now, what happened between now and then to drag him into this deal and was there some type of cover up from the get go? Because he wasn't even mentioned as the fourth player until today. Somebody in that department, team and coaching staff knows what really happened. I wonder if SLU's security department has a report they can release? Because if Goodwin was the fourth, but couldn't be identified that's odd and if it's another player's name in the report, then something is fishy. I've been trying to wrap my head around tht one all evening. Am I way off?

Thinking back to the Richmond post game interview and the emotion Coach Ford showed after that win on 1-6, seems to me that at least the coaches knew before that game that the news was bad. Seemed like an excessive amount of emotion for just x and o stuff leading up to a game. Just speculation on my part.

3 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

From what I've heard, the reason Goodwin was able to play was because he couldn't be identified by the girls. Now, what happened between now and then to drag him into this deal and was there some type of cover up from the get go? Because he wasn't even mentioned as the fourth player until today. Somebody in that department, team and coaching staff knows what really happened. I wonder if SLU's security department has a report they can release? Because if Goodwin was the fourth, but couldn't be identified that's odd and if it's another player, then something is fishy. I've been trying to wrap my head around tht one all evening. Am I way off?

You are way off.  Goodwin was identified but basically less involved in the activity than the others.  No one had a gripe with him.  But he was there for part of it.

no one did anything worthy of these consequences but he did even less

If everything that's come out is true, the three suspended players have been railroaded. Questionable decision making on their part to get involved in this, yes, run out of town, ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, 3Bill said:

You are way off.  Goodwin was identified but basically less involved in the activity than the others.  No one had a gripe with him.  But he was there for part of it.

no one did anything worthy of these consequences but he did even less

How is one less involved with group sex other than only being a spectator? If no one had a gripe against him how was a complaint filed against him?

40 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Rundown..

(Hosts talking) “These 3 will never play for SLU, appeal process next, which is 3 days, followed by 3 days to answer.”

Ford was originally supposed to speak on the show prior to all this coming out and understandably cancelled.

At the press conference, Ben Fred asked  Rosenblum about our current culture i.e.,  “guilty until proven innocent”, to which he responded that, “This happens on every college campus, with regret coming after the fact. This was not a crime and should not have been actionable. At the end of the day would characterize the case as three women who talked about getting together with multiple partners (before/during), who then left with buyer’s remorse. One of the females who continued to participate in the investigation most vocally reiterated that the acts were consensual.”

(Hosts talking) “Why were they kicked out of school/suspended? Student code of conduct violation.”

More Rosenblum: “Title IX investigation dragged on and seemed like a sham. Flawed system, allegations were not proven.”

(Hosts talking) “It’s fair to wonder about the future of Ford at SLU.”