Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

Here is what the deal is. Someone months ago said as much. The "Three" could have been playing all along. Scotty Rosenblum held them out of games, I guess for their own good. Goodwin's attorney did not hold him out, so he played. There was never anything recanted. Goodwin is going to continue to play, until forced not to. SLU was never holding anyone out of games.  However, this decision is beyond insane. And will doom the program and lose Ford and Gordon. All because a white girl had a rich daddy and realized she regretted sleeping with some black athletes. SLU is a joke. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slusam said:

The 8 could include the Greek and not Goodwin. He said 8 that have dressed every game

Goodwin is traveling with the team.  If he appealed the decision it isn't in effect until the appeal process is over.

1 minute ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Look, we are all upset about this. Direct your anger to Pestello. All I tried to do was break bread with you. This is bad, but not the end of the program.  You could sign 3-4 juco players and still be better than some of the Crews teams.

You can fuok off.

I have managed to stay quiet on this, waiting until a decision was reached.  So here are my thoughts...

1. I do not remember reading this, but does anyone else believe that SLU delayed the decision until after the Winter Break to retain the players, avoiding a hit to the NCAA APR?

2. I have supported this team through ups (few) and downs (many), but through it all remain a supportive fan.  Today, I feel again that the athletics department, does not have the support of the SLU administration.  Continuing to back or support this team, seems to be a waste of time.

3. Can someone explain how (4) players were punished if only one person was pursuing this?  If the woman that was assaulted is not actively pursuing this, did the remaining woman or the university pursue charges against the players?

4. I said this after S1, this university is not committed to being a real sports program, maybe I should go find a real sports program to root for.  I think I will start looking for another team to follow.

It's been great reading all of the information shared on this board.  It is one of my favorite spots on the Internet to visit.  So when I delete my account and stop visiting, please know it is not because of anyone on this site, it will be because I have found another team to follow.

Goodbye

SLUHomer

5 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Here is what the deal is. Someone months ago said as much. The "Three" could have been playing all along. Scotty Rosenblum held them out of games, I guess for their own good. Goodwin's attorney did not hold him out, so he played. There was never anything recanted. Goodwin is going to continue to play, until forced not to. SLU was never holding anyone out of games.  However, this decision is beyond insane. And will doom the program and lose Ford and Gordon. All because a white girl had a rich daddy and realized she regretted sleeping with some black athletes. SLU is a joke. 

Why wouldn't the three at least sit on the bench if that was the case?

Just now, slufan13 said:

Anyone else annoyed that they're delaying the inevitable with Goodwin

I am shocked Goodwin didn't bail and wants to fight to stay at SLU.  If it was my son I would tell him to get the hell out of that place after they just smeared your name.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I am shocked Goodwin didn't bail and wants to fight to stay at SLU.  If it was my son I would tell him to get the hell out of that place after they just smeared your name.

What do you mean fight to stay at slu? Like just the fact that he’s stayed as part of the team this whole time?

13 minutes ago, slusam said:

The 8 could include the Greek and not Goodwin. He said 8 that have dressed every game

Notice Stu did not say 8 scholarship players...  I bet it is Bess, French, Forman, Johnson, Hines, Anthony, Roby and The Greek.  Otherwise he would have said 9 players who have been in uniform for every game.

1 minute ago, Macallan 18 said:

Notice Stu did not say 8 scholarship players...  I bet it is Bess, French, Forman, Johnson, Hines, Anthony, Roby and The Greek.  Otherwise he would have said 9 players who have been in uniform for every game.

He did say 8 scholarship players I believe

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Goodwin should join the Ball brothers over in Siberia or wherever the hell they are at. Would sure beat playing college ball.