Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

20 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I was listening to Frank Cusumano today, and while he knows little, he said he did ask a university official about one player in particular(assuming it was JG) and they said that individual was not involved. 

Here is the audio of what Frank said. Go to segment 3

http://insidestl.com/radio-shows/the-press-box

I want to commend the board for not putting out names. If Frank is correct just think how bad it would be if we were throwing out players names and the info was wrong. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I was listening to Frank Cusumano today, and while he knows little, he said he did ask a university official about one player in particular(assuming it was JG) and they said that individual was not involved. 

Here is the audio of what Frank said. Go to segment 3

http://insidestl.com/radio-shows/the-press-box

You don't think Frank was asking about Santos?

For those of you who cannot wait to know. The season starts in November, if the University decides they are not going to allow players involved in this incident to play they you will know who was involved by checking out who is not playing. The season start will come much sooner than any decisions from the Judicial or the University as to the fate of the involved players.

I doubt he would ask about gordon considering the allegations were specific to SLU student athletes.  Goodwin makes sense to ask about.  I have only heard 2 students names on who were involved, but for all we know that "list" that was circulating on twitter and other rumors could be wrong.  Best to just wait and see unfortunately.  

22 minutes ago, Old guy said:

For those of you who cannot wait to know. The season starts in November, if the University decides they are not going to allow players involved in this incident to play they you will know who was involved by checking out who is not playing. The season start will come much sooner than any decisions from the Judicial or the University as to the fate of the involved players.

I bet we hear from the legal authorities soon.  I don't even think it was two weeks before we heard from the prosecutor in 2010 and this case might be moving much quicker.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Starting's for non assaulters?

Title IX is going to be the big issue.  Per Title IX there does not have to be criminal charges.  It is completely up to the University.  There has to be proof of the incident, but not to same degree as a criminal case.  And pet Title IX universities are urged to act quickly to protect the alleged victims.  Based on this I would think a decision would come pretty quick especially if no criminal charges are sought or pressed.