GDT: SLU @ Butler

Agree that I’m not sure what else to expect. We have 1 scholarship player who played guard in high school (Roby). We have no players who are good three point shooters. We have no players who can score reliably off the bounce. We’re not a team that can score in transition and we can’t shoot enough to score in the half court.

We currently have 5 guys who can play at this level, and all of them would be 3rd - 4th options on a great team.

We need shooters to give Goodwin and Bess space to drive. We need shooters to give French and Foreman room to operate. We need guys who can dribble to run an offense. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Just sitting here thinking about everything and it's just sad. You really see what people are all about when things are bad. I talked to people that were at the game and they said AD was salty and riled up. That's fine but act like you've been there before. Don't go on television and radio if you can't take the good with the bad. Like it or not you are a public figure. The fact he's even lowering himself to acknowledging a rude fan is concerning. The whole place seems like it is in chaos. If anyone has more information please share. I'm sure there is more to the story but guys I talked to said it was embarrassing. Thanks

Just wait until Rosenblum goes full on nuclear which will happen soon if this isnt resolved 

24 minutes ago, NH said:

Agree that I’m not sure what else to expect. We have 1 scholarship player who played guard in high school (Roby). We have no players who are good three point shooters. We have no players who can score reliably off the bounce. We’re not a team that can score in transition and we can’t shoot enough to score in the half court.

We currently have 5 guys who can play at this level, and all of them would be 3rd - 4th options on a great team.

We need shooters to give Goodwin and Bess space to drive. We need shooters to give French and Foreman room to operate. We need guys who can dribble to run an offense. 

We can disagree on where the fault lies, and I have my opinion there, but the rug has been pulled out from under this Coach and Basketball Team.  

And you know that for a fact, right? or are you hoping Rosenblum will do this? Finally if Rosenblum is willing to do this on his own steam, what does he get out of it? What is his incentive to do it? Come on, spill the beans, why is Rosenblum going to do this and when is he planning to do it?

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

And you know that for a fact, right? or are you hoping Rosenblum will do this? Finally if Rosenblum is willing to do this on his own steam, what does he get out of it? What is his incentive to do it? Come on, spill the beans, why is Rosenblum going to do this and when is he planning to do it?

It is job to advocate for his client.

3 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Did Goodwin come in being known as a good jump/3 shooter? Cause...jesus....he cant shoot in college yet 

I called Dwayne Polk to see if he could stop by and give him some pointers. Honestly, I didn't think it was possible to shoot worse than Dwayne. 

B'roy has seen Goodwin play the most in HS and never touted him as a good shooter. His strongpoints were energy, strength, rebounder, and could get to the hoop at will. He can't do that in D1 w/o the help of some outside shooters who can open things up for him. We've seen that in spurts this year but when the team is shooting like 20% from outside and the opponents are packing the inside, it's a whole new ballgame for him. Next to Bess, he's the best we got and you can see down the road he'll be ok.  

HenryB likes this

15 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Did Goodwin come in being known as a good jump/3 shooter? Cause...jesus....he cant shoot in college yet 

Goodwin wasn't a good shooter in high school, but he was better than this. He played on good teams that had a few guys that could hit threes. I think his 3 point shooting was around 25%. Most of his points were in transition, going to the rim and put backs. He even missed some short rangers in his high school but got a lot of his own misses and put them in. He also did that sort of fade jumper from inside the foul line. With all that he still averaged about 28 points a game due to his feel for the game, opportunistic play and rebounding. He was a disrupter which we see flashes of now. He can be a star if we get some shooters to open things up.

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

We might be short handed but what we have on the floor had no clue that half.   Being over matched is one thing but that was total confusion and ineptness.   That's on Ford.  

I agree, we were overmatched and Bishop and Henriquez wouldn't have won that game for us, but with a couple shooters, it would open the lane for Bess and Goodwin. Butler knew nobody but Johnson can shoot from 3, so they gave us the 3 and anytime our guys tried to drive, they clogged the middle and suffocated us. Getting the team back will bring the morale up, but it will also allow Ford to play with the team he put together. #FreeHenriquez #FreeBishop #FreeGraves #BillsLivesMatter

16 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Chris May yelling at a Billikens fan is unacceptable. He’s paid a lot of money to properly represent the University. I don’t care if he’s 1000 steps removed from the Title 9 process. It’s not appropriate. 

I disagree. It’s his job to fight on behalf of the coaches on players 

5 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Uh huh.  That ship set sail, is out to sea, and I'm afraid is not coming back. 

Butler.  This is a team that SLU routinely beat, a team SLU beat 3 times in Butler's one season in the A10.

Those were teams coached by Rick Majerus and Brad Stevens.  That was a whole different universe.

41 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Don’t others schools let guys play during investigations until there is a resolution?

Fair question.  I think it depends on what a player may have done.  I would think a minor transgression would not result in being held out but a major issue such as an arrest probably would.