Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

gordon looks great so far.  he had a coast to coast take with 3 players guarding him throughout. attempted a 3 that just missed, good to see hes not scared.  Hes been the better player between him and EJ Montgomery

He's gonna have to get in much better shape to be effective at the next level. 

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Gordon would be effective on SLU right now in the condition he is in.

Good to know coach, thank you.

2018 will be better.

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Uhhhh...

He’s got all the skill in the world and apparently a good physique.  But in my limited viewing he can be lazy on the court when he doesn’t have the ball. He did not appear to have a very high motor in the limited times I watched him.  I’m not down on him, just an observation of something he can work on.  

Just now, moytoy12 said:

He’s got all the skill in the world and apparently a good physique.  But in my limited viewing he can be lazy on the court when he doesn’t have the ball. He did not appear to have a very high motor in the limited times I watched him.  I’m not down on him, just an observation of something he can work on.  

Fair observation, but shape and motor are much different things. Dude's in great shape and in summer, he'll start working out with college strength and conditioning coaches. Shape is not a concern.

For what it's worth, effort as observed in a HS player doesn't always carry over into college. Sure, some guys never have the motivation and aren't going to be great. But most guys realize that being the best player on the court in HS doesn't last forever, and you need to work if you're going to be worth anything in college.

30 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Fair observation, but shape and motor are much different things. Dude's in great shape and in summer, he'll start working out with college strength and conditioning coaches. Shape is not a concern.

For what it's worth, effort as observed in a HS player doesn't always carry over into college. Sure, some guys never have the motivation and aren't going to be great. But most guys realize that being the best player on the court in HS doesn't last forever, and you need to work if you're going to be worth anything in college.

Good point on shape v. motor. I could have been more precise in my original post.  

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Carteare continues to bring everyone together. French, gordon, santos, foreman, ... oh my. 

As I posted earlier, as a slu fan, ramey's injury may have been a good thing.  Gordon is showing off pretty good handles for his size.  He had essentially become a point-forward during rameys absence. 

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is Johnnie Parker doing that stupid finger thing? What does it even mean? Never thought I'd feel out of touch at age 35...

lol I dont think he is purposely making the circle. 

14 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is Johnnie Parker doing that stupid finger thing? What does it even mean? Never thought I'd feel out of touch at age 35...

If it what I think you are talking about it is a White Nationalist sign.  I some how don't think Parker is doing that.

STL recruiting is falling into two camps.

Guys who will follow Cuonzo to the ends of the earth and guys who won't ever go to Mizzou no matter what because of the racial tension towards black male athletes on campus and in Columbia at large.  Gordon falls into the latter camp.  He's going to SLU, but in the infinitesimal chance he decided not to, he's going anywhere but Mizzou.