Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, johnbj14 said:

Pearson and Thatch are going to be huge for this program in my opinion. Gordon is going to be a difference maker as well, but I think SLU has two hidden gems coming in next class. 

I mean, let's not forget that Gordon is far and away the crown jewel of this class - and would be for most classes in the country.

But yes, I think Pearson was a steal with a very high ceiling and Thatch is going to be the kind of four-year, tough, not particularly flashy but kind of guy who makes everyone else a little bit better. I think they're all great fits on this roster (assuming the missing players come back and we have some more ball handling and perimeter threats).

HenryB likes this

1 minute ago, johnbj14 said:

Sorry Pistol I did not mean to diminish Gordon, as his impact in the years he is here will be huge. We just talk so much about him here that I think his value is kind of more understood. 

Thumbs up.

26 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I mean, let's not forget that Gordon is far and away the crown jewel of this class - and would be for most classes in the country.

But yes, I think Pearson was a steal with a very high ceiling and Thatch is going to be the kind of four-year, tough, not particularly flashy but kind of guy who makes everyone else a little bit better. I think they're all great fits on this roster (assuming the missing players come back and we have some more ball handling and perimeter threats).

I think Thatch can be what we all wanted Femi John to be before his injuries 

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Is thatch an early candidate for MPOY?

his average through 3 of his first four games(couldn't find anything on the other one) 28.3 pts and 10.3 reb

Candidate, yes. But it's a big class, with Gordon, Watson, Hellems, Jordan Lathon out at Grandview, and Christian Bishop at Lee's Summit West. Ramey being out until at least late January makes it a stronger possibility for each of the other guys.

It's just a question of what counts the most - team success, individual numbers. etc. Watson is going to put up massive numbers at Whitfield. I don't think Gordon's numbers will be massive, but his impact on every game will be. Hellems has potential to put up some pretty big numbers without Karrington Davis at CCP anymore.

I'm not sure any of them fills a statsheet like Thatch does across the board, though, and Sikeston has a chance to make some noise in the playoffs (here's hoping they aren't clustered with Vashon, St. Mary's, and Hillsboro again).

Sikeston needs to break through against Vashon for Thatch to have a chance at Missouri Gatorade Player of the Year. Vashon has ended Sikeston's season the last two years. With the addition of  Owen and Parker Long, one a deadeye shooter and the other an all-around gamer, this will be Sikeston's best chance to advance.

Of course, there's a chance that St. Mary's might knock off Vashon before Sikeston has to face them. That's the playoff game of the year in St. Louis.

Christian Bishop just put up 16 points and 23 boards in Lee's Summit West's win at the Fayetteville Classic. That is not a typo.

Pearson is now John Hardin's all-time leading scorer. Took the title on a free throw. The school has only been around since 2001, but it's still nice to be on top with most of a season left to play. He should hit 2000 points later this season. John Hardin is now 4-0, and Pearson is averaging 28.3 points and 9.8 rebounds on 58.0% shooting. They have a home game tonight against Central Hardin.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:47 AM, 3star_recruit said:

Thatch goes for 7 for 8 for 18 points including 3 three-pointers in a blowout win where barely played in the second half. Our guy now has 13 three-pointers in his first 4 games.  What a dramatic turnaround from how he was shooting the ball this summer.

Not just the amount that he's hitting, but he's shooting a really high percentage. In this game, he was 7-7 in the first half and only took one shot in the second, a miss, and didn't play a ton. He hit 3 in the previous game, although I don't know how many he missed. He was 5-6 and 2-3 in the two games before that, and also hit one in their opener.

I don't have a good go-to for Sikeston stats on the season, but I have to think he's above 50% from 3 for the year.

I do know that he's averaging 23.6 ppg, and has at least 3 double-doubles. I also know that he sprained his foot and has played the past few games with bone bruises.

Sikeston is 5-0 and has only been challenged once. They play at Cape Notre Dame on Friday, after just beating them 73-39.

11 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

Some highlights from Gordon's first 3 games. Pretty good stuff. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8745838/5a2dace0a0184a0d289804ca

Great highlights, thanks for sharing.

Gordon is averaging 19.7 points on 61.9% shooting, 9.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 3.0 steals, and 1.0 block through 3 games. Webster Groves is 3-0, with wins over Maplewood, Lee's Summit North, and Northwest Academy. I believe they were all for the Webster Tourney Classic, for which he was named MVP.

They've got some big games coming up in Kentucky and Tennessee, games that would've been intended to showcase both Gordon and Ramey. They also have similar games in January in West Virginia and Massachusetts, and I'm not sure if Ramey will be back in time for those, either.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Gordon is averaging 19.7 points on 61.9% shooting, 9.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 3.0 steals, and 1.0 block through 3 games. Webster Groves is 3-0, with wins over Maplewood, Lee's Summit North, and Northwest Academy. I believe they were all for the Webster Tourney Classic, for which he was named MVP.

They've got some big games coming up in Kentucky and Tennessee, games that would've been intended to showcase both Gordon and Ramey. They also have similar games in January in West Virginia and Massachusetts, and I'm not sure if Ramey will be back in time for those, either.

Good chance to see Gordon on Thursday as Webster takes on a top ranked Memphis East team coached by Penny Hardaway on ESPN2. Memphis East is led by James Wiseman, so a good test for Gordon in the post. Gordon played with some of these kids this past summer with Team Penny (James Wiseman, Chandler Lawson, and Alex Lomax).

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/11/geico-espn-high-school-basketball-showcase-highlight-best-recruits-country/

All great stuff Pistol, reduces the sting of this season with S2.  I still feel with what is coming in that this is a tournament team 2018-2019.

i also think that coach Ford sticks around to coach this team because it has a chance to be special.

40 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It was good see the numbers he put up against NW.  NW's Jamarr Williams is a legit big man.

in case anyone wants to watch Gordon, we'll be playing this Thursday on espn2 at 6.  Playing number #3 team in the country.  Gordon(and Webster) will have their hands full with 6'11 James Wiseman(#1 on espn 2019),  6'9 Chandler Lawson (#22 on espn 19) and Alex Lomax who I believe we offered?

aaaaand NVM, just saw ChosenOne had covered this. 

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

in case anyone wants to watch Gordon, we'll be playing this Thursday on espn2 at 6.  Playing number #3 team in the country.  Gordon(and Webster) will have their hands full with 6'11 James Wiseman(#1 on espn 2019),  6'9 Chandler Lawson (#22 on espn 19) and Alex Lomax who I believe we offered?

Thanks a bunch.  Will be watching. Living out of St. Louis, will be the first time i see him play orher than in clips.

aaaaand NVM, just saw ChosenOne had covered this. 

Pearson had 28 points and 7 rebounds last night in another blowout win for John Hardin. He was 1-4 from the perimeter - his shooting has cooled - but he's also providing nightly dunk highlights.