Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, STLsportsfan said:

Assuming these numbers are all good (or close), this puts Thatch at #1 in all-time scoring at Sikeston (only player over 2,000), #1 in rebounds (only one over 1,000), #1 in assists (although Jones will probably pass him), #2 in steals, and #5 or #6 in 3-pointers. He had quite a HS career.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Assuming these numbers are all good (or close), this puts Thatch at #1 in all-time scoring at Sikeston (only player over 2,000), #1 in rebounds (only one over 1,000), #1 in assists (although Jones will probably pass him), #2 in steals, and #5 or #6 in 3-pointers. He had quite a HS career.

I hope he continues to work on his shooting range - beyond the arc.  That would certainly help get him playing time next year.  He seems to have really developed in his last year and should be the kind of Billiken that TF and staff are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Congrats to Mickey Pearson, he made first-team all-state in Lexington Herald Leader coaches poll:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article206166674.html

Ford showing interest in Detorrian Ware, second team, averaged 32 points per game.

KY would be a nice pipeline for TF to open up.  He should have plenty of contacts there.

14 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Congrats to Mickey Pearson, he made first-team all-state in Lexington Herald Leader coaches poll:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article206166674.html

Ford showing interest in Detorrian Ware, second team, averaged 32 points per game.

I didn't know Mickey was KY Mr Basketball, thought he was a finalist but didn't get it. Congrats to Mickey.

Can't wait to see these players next year.

49 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I didn't know Mickey was KY Mr Basketball, thought he was a finalist but didn't get it. Congrats to Mickey.

Can't wait to see these players next year.

Nominated, not the winner ....... http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article205001674.html

15 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

I hope Ford has checked in on Zion Harmon. Kid looks like he can play. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Is espns final yet? I remember French got on the last one

ESPN's recruiting info has always kind of sucked, hasn't it? I checked earlier this morning and they have Gordon, Thatch, and Jacobs but Pearson is not on there.

5 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Gordon and Thatch made USA Today's All USA Missouri first team team.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/2017-18-all-usa-missouri-boys-basketball-team

Pearson made the second team in KY. Jacobs did not make the AZ team.

Are Prep schools even considered for these all state teams?  These are not HS guys but 5th year......

And Pearson, got to believe he finally gets rated by some of these sites.  Given the year he had, his size, his stats, athleticism, etc.  Or is it all about AAU exposure?

16 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Are Prep schools even considered for these all state teams?  These are not HS guys but 5th year......

And Pearson, got to believe he finally gets rated by some of these sites.  Given the year he had, his size, his stats, athleticism, etc.  Or is it all about AAU exposure?

AAU helps. 

His limited exposure is a big reason we were able to get him, so yay for that. 

ESPN's came out this morning. Gordon at 72. Wild how he free-fell (falled?) after he committed. I understood when he was injured, but to continue to do so is wild. He was #9 when he committed. I imagine his actual ranking should be somewhere between there and now. 

However, Carteare is the highest signee for a school in the state of MO (Torrence Watson at 73), as well as the highest in the A10 (Jermaine Harris to Rhody at 86).

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

ESPN's came out this morning. Gordon at 72. Wild how he free-fell (falled?) after he committed. I understood when he was injured, but to continue to do so is wild. He was #9 when he committed. I imagine his actual ranking should be somewhere between there and now. 

However, Carteare is the highest signee for a school in the state of MO (Torrence Watson at 73), as well as the highest in the A10 (Jermaine Harris to Rhody at 86).

From what Ive heard his largest fall did happen because of injury, not so much commitment. He has all the accolades to remain high even with signing to SLU. 

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Gordon had a few things work against him in the rankings since his highest ranking.  He didn't really get much taller, he missed time on the AAU circuit, his missed time in high school and he had to play a role that didn't let him shine in several feature events this high school season when Ramey was injured. 

Just now, brianstl said:

d he had to play a role that didn't let him shine in several feature events this high school season when Ramey was injured. 

True, this doesnt help at all.

But for SLU, this was a blessing.  It'll make him that much more dangerous now that he was forced to bring up the ball against elite guards. 

11 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

likely two big reasons for his fall (my opinion) 1. his suspect attitude / temper (inseason suspension) and 2. he signed with the billikens.  (how good could he be if he signed with the billikens right?)

dennis_w likes this