Signed Recruit Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-I didn't see CFord but wondered the last time Dr Chaifetz was at a high school bball game, great to see him and Ross with CTate, they stayed for 2.5 quarters

-doesn't fit this thread's title but Jamal Walker and Terrell Ramey had a rather lengthy conversation, I'm not sure Courtney missed a shot in the first half, very, very impressive but I can't get over how skinny his legs are but he would look super in our uniform, absolutely super

9 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I didn't see CFord but wondered the last time Dr Chaifetz was at a high school bball game, great to see him and Ross with CTate, they stayed for 2.5 quarters

-doesn't fit this thread's title but Jamal Walker and Terrell Ramey had a rather lengthy conversation, I'm not sure Courtney missed a shot in the first half, very, very impressive but I can't get over how skinny his legs are but he would look super in our uniform, absolutely super

I know it's unrealistic but I hold on to hope that, as it gets later in the recruiting process, Ramey just decides to stay home and continue to play with Gordon at SLU.  His father seems dead set against that, though.  I'd put it at about 0.01% chance.

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I know it's unrealistic but I hold on to hope that, as it gets later in the recruiting process, Ramey just decides to stay home and continue to play with Gordon at SLU.  His father seems dead set against that, though.  I'd put it at about 0.01% chance.

Pistol has pointed out that Ramey is pretty much a perfect fit for SLU's roster next year.  It makes a ton of sense for him especially if he plans to be one and done anyways.  However, I agree that there is almost no chance it actually happens.  

12 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Pistol has pointed out that Ramey is pretty much a perfect fit for SLU's roster next year.  It makes a ton of sense for him especially if he plans to be one and done anyways.  However, I agree that there is almost no chance it actually happens.  

Agreed.  We almost certainly would be a tourney team with Ramey coming in, and Goodwin returning.  If we can add Jacobs and a Grad transfer guard, we would be in great shape.

Depth Chart:

PG: Ramey, Grad transfer

SG: Goodwin, Jacobs, Thatch

Wing: Bess, Mickey, JJ

4: French, Gordon

5: Foreman, Santos

Anything from Welmer would be a bonus, but I'm not expecting him to be back.

That's a top 25 caliber team.  Unfortunately, it won't happen with Ramey.  If we can get a decent JUCO or freshman PG instead, we are still in great shape.

I think from a business perspective it should make sense for Terrell to push for SLU.  If he wants his AAU program to go to the next level, it would sure help to have the Ramey  name saturating to local airwaves and print during the college basketball season.  Also, the front court we have next season is exactly what Courtney needs to shine immediately.  It is a perfect situation for him to showcase himself. 

It isn’t going to happen, but it actually would be the best thing for both of the Ramey’s.

38 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

My understanding is Ramey does not like playing with Gordon and has no intention of playing with him in college.  And that is just one of several factors that keeps him away from SLU.  No worries Ford & Co. have demonstrated they are terrific recruiters.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Pearson's John Hardin squad won the District 17 championship tonight over Central Hardin, 75-58. I'll update this when I have MP's numbers.

Pearson shooting 75 percent from the line and 40 percent from 3....6-7 guard who improved all his numbers vs last year despite a stronger schedule and other teams focusing alll their D on him. All great signs for next year.

13 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Agreed.  We almost certainly would be a tourney team with Ramey coming in, and Goodwin returning.  If we can add Jacobs and a Grad transfer guard, we would be in great shape.

Depth Chart:

PG: Ramey, Grad transfer

SG: Goodwin, Jacobs, Thatch

Wing: Bess, Mickey, JJ

4: French, Gordon

5: Foreman, Santos

Anything from Welmer would be a bonus, but I'm not expecting him to be back.

That's a top 25 caliber team.  Unfortunately, it won't happen with Ramey.  If we can get a decent JUCO or freshman PG instead, we are still in great shape.

Don't tease anyone with Ramey in the roster.

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

Pearson's John Hardin squad won the District 17 championship tonight over Central Hardin, 75-58. I'll update this when I have MP's numbers.

Here’s the game story. MP had 24 points and 7 rb’s.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/sports/boys-prep-basketball-bulldogs-bring-the-storm-to-continue-the/article_56900efe-c4b7-55a8-b5e0-4b10a624c521.html

5 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Will be interesting where MP ends up being rated.  Gotta believe he will end up as a 3*. 

Anyone know when most of the services put out final prospects rankings?

Any school recruiter especially a head coach would be a fool to say or imply their school is title 9 safe.  A pitch like that would be a ticking time bomb.  I don't think a university employee would touch it. 

Any high school or AAU coach who fails to advise players to be extremely careful with their sex life is setting them up for disaster. In this current environment men are guilty until proven innocent, and that is nearly impossible.  This environment is not unique to SLU.

I don't see S2 hurting SLU in recruiting that way.  Where it has hurt is in the loss of the players and the missed opportunity to have a big season this year, as well as the air it took out of the program. We could have been sitting at the top of the A10 and talking about potential seeding with bigger crowds and better energy at the games.  That is where S2 has hurt our recruiting.

ACE and almaman like this

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

Any school recruiter especially a head coach would be a fool to say or imply their school is title 9 safe.  A pitch like that would be a ticking time bomb.  I don't think a university employee would touch it. 

Any high school or AAU coach who fails to advise players to be extremely careful with their sex life is setting them up for disaster. In this current environment men are guilty until proven innocent, and that is nearly impossible.  This environment is not unique to SLU.

I don't see S2 hurting SLU in recruiting that way.  Where it has hurt is in the loss of the players and the missed opportunity to have a big season this year, as well as the air it took out of the program. We could have been sitting at the top of the A10 and talking about potential seeding with bigger crowds and better energy at the games.  That is where S2 has hurt our recruiting.

Plus 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, VeniceMenace said:

Pearson shooting 75 percent from the line and 40 percent from 3....6-7 guard who improved all his numbers vs last year despite a stronger schedule and other teams focusing alll their D on him. All great signs for next year.

Pearson is legitimately 6-8 now and LONG. One of my favorite unintentional glimpses into his game through the short highlights his HS team posts on Twitter is being able to see how he runs the floor. His stride is so, so long. He's a rare HS player who can play 5 positions.

As for his shooting, yes, he's managed to keep those respectable percentages even as he's the focus of the other team's game plan every night. His perimeter shooting can be a little streaky but in the long run it's fine. It's also nice to see a player who has grown so much and has such length who has relatively smooth mechanics on his shot.

22 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Thanks. Looks like he was 9-14 from the field and 2-4 from 3.

John Hardin plays next on Wednesday night vs. Caverna in the Region 5 quarterfinals. I would expect a high scoring game, but John Hardin is the better team. Caverna (13-16) can fill it up on any given night, so it should be at least interesting. If JH advances, they'll take the winner of Bardstown (17-11) and Campbellsville (15-15). John Hardin beat Bardstown 93-65 earlier this month, but hasn't played Caverna or Campbellsville yet this season.

17 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Will be interesting where MP ends up being rated.  Gotta believe he will end up as a 3*. 

Anyone know when most of the services put out final prospects rankings?

It's really hard to say where he'll end up. He's outside the top 150 now, so we might not even see him crack the top 150 for any major service. I'm not too concerned about it, although it'd be nice to see him at least get on the board.

I think the final Rivals list is in early April. It's probably similar for all of them.

15 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Agreed, S2 hurt in the short term in that it prevented us from having a better season and delayed building momentum for the program, but we can quickly recover and landing Jacobs is a positive sign. There was a bit of chicken little reaction to how S2 would impact future recruiting.  What S2 did was create opportunities for guards, that's what most recruits are interested in, rather than the specifics of S2. This is a guy who everybody thought was going to Illinois just a couple weeks ago. A few interesting comments about Jacobs from his high school coach: https://247sports.com/Article/Demarius-Jacobs-commits-to-St-Louis-115545815

Reminder about SLU signees in Missouri district action tonight:

Thatch and Sikeston play Dexter in the Class 4 District 1 semifinal at 6:00 at Dexter.

Gordon and Webster Groves play Lindbergh in the Class 5 District 6 semifinal at 7:00 at Oakville.

Most Class 4 and 5 district semifinals are tonight, so there are a lot of good ones featuring plenty of SLU recruits.

Pearson and John Hardin play tomorrow night against Caverna in the Region 5 quarterfinals.