JT requests Release from NLI

On 4/11/2017 at 7:17 PM, Glorydays2013 said:
1 hour ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Porter dad:  "Hey Martin, I will give you my son to play [something of value] at Mizzou only if you hire [official action] me at a high salary."  This is bribery.  The official action to hire Porter dad in this case would not be "private" quid pro quo as you claim.  Martin is clearly a "decision-making public servant" as defined in the state statutes,  He works at Mizzou, a government institution and he had "supervisory authority over contract negotiations" in this situation.

It's okay to admit Martin was bribed.  It would never be proven, cause they would hire lawyers such as yourself who will tell them not to talk.  So rest easy.

Just curious..but would that be similar to Ford hiring Tate to help secure getting Goodwin and other players from the Eagles where Tate used to coach.  Goodwin was reportedly leaning towards Mizzou until Tate left.  Nah,  what am i thinking, I am sure it was Ford's amazing recruiting skills.  

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:
18 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

If we could get that oft-mentioned 3 post a day rule applied to mutgr and coach, that would be comical if not well-deserved in my book. At least for a week or two 

#modsrule #gomodsgo 

Lol 

21 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

If we could get that oft-mentioned 3 post a day rule applied to mutgr and coach, that would be comical if not well-deserved in my book. Maybe for like a week or two 

#modsrule #gomodsgo #tigertimeout

Throw Glory days on there too if you want. I don't mind the Mizzou guys. Nice to see the high and mighty Mizzou fans spend their free time on a message board that looks like it's from the 21st century. I would go post on theirs but I'm still not completely sure how it works over there. 

4 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Paying 1.125 million dollars to a players father to acquire his son for 1 college basketball season is sleazy, regardless if it is legal or not. Cuonzo Martin's loyalty is only to the all mighty dollar. 

Hiring an assistant coach that can get players is exactly what you are supposed to do.  And yes at least one year if Porter Jr, younger brother Jontay is a 4 star recruit, listed top 30 by some services, he may come next year or the year after, but says he will play for his dad for multiple years.  Porter Sr has tremendous ties to the Columbia community and AS I circles and will have contributed at least 4 of his 8 children to Mizzou's Mens and Women's basketball programs. 

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Goodwin was never going to mi$$ouri.  He was big ten bound had he not came to the billikens.   

10 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Vtime also thought Floyd Irons had great integrity. 

+1 

Cuonzo is the Floyd Irons of college basketball.  VTIME is the greatest.  In his defense, it has been legitimately 10 years since he has infiltrated the board like this (everything non-SLU related of course).

Anyone know what Leon Powell and Sanjay Watts are doing now? 

They probably would have saved Uncle Brad's job.

#ITSVTIMEBABYWITHACAPITALV

6 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

If we could get that oft-mentioned 3 post a day rule applied to mutgr and coach, that would be comical if not well-deserved in my book. Maybe for like a week or two 

Not a bad idea.  If you were smart, you would put some regular posters here on timeout. If any recruits' parents or high school coaches read this board, they can't like what they are hearing from some of you, disparaging quality people like Coach Martin. 

6 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Maybe we should just implament a 3 post rule for everyone from April thru September. If you want to post more, you have to donate to billikens.com. seems like a win win for all

I really think some posters are barking up the wrong tree here.  All this talk of "slimey" recruiting because you're talking to people around a player before he gets his release is silly.  That's called recruiting people.  Contacting the players around a player is legal.  That's why the rule is written the way that it is.  There's a very small window for getting high demand players once it's known they want to leave their current school.  If you literally waited for the statement that the player has been released, you're putting yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage. 

You really think our staff waited on the official release before we began to send smoke signals to Javon Pickett?  You think good players ask for releases with no idea of where they will end up?  C'mon now. 

23 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Lol OK

Classic Mizzou fans trying to change the facts to fit their narrative. The funny thing is that when we hired Tate the Mizzou fans trashed him and said he couldn't land any recruits, including Goodwin.

Goodwin was never going to Mizzou.

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I really think some posters are barking up the wrong tree here.  All this talk of "slimey" recruiting because you're talking to people around a player before he gets his release is silly.  That's called recruiting people.  Contacting the players around a player is legal.  That's why the rule is written the way that it is.  There's a very small window for getting high demand players once it's known they want to leave their current school.  If you literally waited for the statement that the player has been released, you're putting yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage. 

You really think our staff waited on the official release before we began to send smoke signals to Javon Pickett?  You think good players ask for releases with no idea of where they will end up?  C'mon now. 

In Billiken land, that's different. It's okay. 

Lets not recommend limiting posts to people who we find annoying or disagree with. I have no problem with Glorydays, Coach, or Mutgr. Banning should be for the people who are clearly just here to stir things up and a last resort.

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

You really get this kind of stuff on every board.  Illini loyalty to has been 10x worse since last summer.  

The comments from a Mizzou fan talking about disparaging a coach are truly laughable.  Tigerboard is full of that stuff 247.  Corey Tate has been been personally attacked on that board.  Ford has had shots fired at him multiple times on that board.  And, don't even let them get started talking about Bill Self.

7 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

I hope your not saying this about Coach314 who has been around for a while and has a grand total of 54 posts compared to your 2570.  I wish Coach314 would post more because I get a lot of information from him without the non-sense.

8 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Just curious.but would that be similar to Ford hiring Tate to help secure getting Goodwin and other players from the Eagles where Tate used to coach.  Goodwin was reportedly leaning towards Mizzou until Tate left.  Nah,  what am i thinking, I am sure it was Ford's amazing recruiting skills.  

Coaches have to find an recruiting edge and coach Ford did by hiring coach Tate.  I think coach Fords charisma can seal the deal but coach Tate opened the door to recruits for coach Ford.

If coach Ford hired Mr. Porter to get his sons I am all in for that also for SLU and had that happened there would be a thread on this site defending it.

9 hours ago, HenryB said:

I see....no one is permitted to impugn Martin's integrity yet you have no problem attacking Self's character.  And you have the gall to call others hypocrites????  Want to see hypocrisy...look in the mirror - you just exemplified it.

BOOM!  You nailed MUTROLLER right in the butt.

32 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Lets not recommend limiting posts to people who we find annoying or disagree with. I have no problem with Glorydays, Coach, or Mutgr. Banning should be for the people who are clearly just here to stir things up and a last resort.

Tilkowsky is a troll. The Mizzou guys are just here to stir up shi!t. Glorydays is whatever.

It's the offseason anyway. Seems like a good time for an extended break from the board while the trolls die down. 

Hope we get Pickett and a big with high upside. 

1 hour ago, For-DaLove said:

Classic Mizzou fans trying to change the facts to fit their narrative. The funny thing is that when we hired Tate the Mizzou fans trashed him and said he couldn't land any recruits, including Goodwin.

Goodwin was never going to Mizzou.

Lol.  Speaking of changing the facts I am not a Mizzou fan.  I will watch them this year because i like Porter Jr and have coached against him in the past.  I have known Goodwin since 7th grade...Pickett since 4th.  I am a fan of these young men.  Many in the 2017 Class i have coached throughout the years.  I am proud of all them.  Thank you @CBFan...for the kind words.  I spoke on Coach Martin's behalf because the things we KNOW to be true are common practices.  People are in here trying to tell a grown man where and when he can visit his sister lol.  ESL has a really talented sophomore that i am sure Martin was there to recruit. @3star_recruit made a good point because i know when Weber's job status was in question after the AD took another job Stockard became aware of certain schools that would be interested if he asked for his release.  But hey what do i know...i am apparently just a Mizzou fan here to stir it up lol.

13 minutes ago, LindellWest said:

Can porter get them a 1 seed, bc 2 doesnt seem to be enough...

IMG_2545.JPG

I was at this game. The place was filled with KU fans because they were at the same site. That place got loud for Norfolk.