JT requests Release from NLI

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Bashing Mizzou is a billikens.com past time. I don't see the inverse on tigerboard

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

It is because any post that brings up something good about SLU gets mob points.  Once it gets enough mob points the post and the replies are removed.  The poster's account is then suspended for a period of time.

There's absolutely plenty of SLU bashing on the mess that it Tigerboard.  Absolutely.  However, getting mobbed on Tigerboard does not result in the removal of posts or replies.  A mobbed poster is unable to post for up to 24 hours.

26 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

You've obviously never seen him.

Plus saying he has a wing game doesn't mean I equate that skill as equal of Duane wade or Larry Hughes.   Just a good college level game.   One better than davell roby, zeke moore or Mike crawford.

You said he was Dwayne Evans with a wing game.  That combination is a pro And I didn't comment on Pickett's game at all outside of saying he would be an upgrade, so how can you say I've never seen him play?  I agreed with you about him being an upgrade and you still want to argue because it's me.

Wouldn't mind a little 24-hour time out rule around here from time to time eh eh 

Illinois buddy of mine has also made a Hill comp, as an upside for Pickett as a scorer. That would be great, though Hill is a couple inches taller. Definitely appears to be an upgrade over Moore. Jeff Borzello was adamant about ESPN having him as a four-star earlier #starsmatter

IMG_9382.PNG 

IMG_9381.PNG

21 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You said he was Dwayne Evans with a wing game.  That combination is a pro And I didn't comment on Pickett's game at all outside of saying he would be an upgrade, so how can you say I've never seen him play?  I agreed with you about him being an upgrade and you still want to argue because it's me.

Just because I said he has a wing game doesn't mean he is an NBA player.    If Duane evans could credibly drive to the basket and shoot threes at say a 30% pct.   that wouldn't make him an NBA player.   That would have made him a more valuable college player.    Somehow you equated my "wing game" comment to mean NBA quality wing skills.    Not just college wing skills.   

And I don't believe beyond a few highlights views you've ever seen him play.

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Wouldn't mind a little 24-hour time out rule around here from time to time eh eh 

Illinois buddy of mine has also made a Hill comp, as a sort of ceiling for Pickett as a scorer. That would be great, though Hill is a couple inches taller. Definitely appears to be an upgrade over Moore. Jeff Borzello was adamant about ESPN having him as a four-star earlier #starsmatter

IMG_9382.PNG 

IMG_9381.PNG

Yup. A 4 star recruit on this team would be amazing. Illinois fans are downplaying Pickett because they are sore losers. 

Pickett is a low 4* but would be a great addition to the team. I honestly will feel bad for Roby since he might take time from him. 

Muhamahd Bamba commented on Tilmons insta where he said thank you for the release "just go sign with mizzou already". I think Tilmon is a sure fire mizzou guy now. Pickett to SLU seems to be a great fit. Pickett and that Whaley guy would make for a great class

also side note, VC changed the classes now so we can better see what next year will look like. Changed rankings too 

13 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Roy, when I ran a recruiting service you called me a street agent. When I became a college coach, you said I couldn't recruit and we would lose. Don't you get tired of being wrong?

Don't you get tired of talking about yourself and Mizzou?

I AM DEMANDING A MORATORIUM ON ALL STUPID TOPICS AND FROM NOW ON WE CAN ONLY TALK ABOUT OUR AMAZING RECRUITS. 

Kthxbye

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Since when did being any kind of 4* recruit become a bad thing??

Never said that. Basically he is only a 4* on espn with a rating of 80 which is the lowest score. These things don't really matter except that ESPN made a point to make sure he was labeled a 4*. 

Again I need to say that Illinois got Pickett first to try to get Goodwin and Tilmon. If Pickett chooses slu, you might start hearing rumors of Tilmon following. I would expect Ford to try to do a full push then. We would also be a top 15 class then as well

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

He was hired to get local recruits. Porter and Tilmon would be local recruits. Roberts was a signed retained, Harris was a commit to Washington with the Porters. Everything is logical. He can go to ESTL and recruit Hargrove and see his sister without tampering with Tilmon. 

You on Martin's payroll?  

If Pickett can slightly improve his 3 pt percentage, watch out.  The kid can score in every other way. He isn't a terrible 3 pt shooter at around 32%, but if he can get it in that 34-35% range he would just be an unbelievable scorer.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If Pickett can slightly improve his 3 pt percentage, watch out.  The kid can score in every other way. He isn't a terrible 3 pt shooter at around 32%, but if he can get it in that 34-35% range he would just be an unbelievable scorer.

Even if he got up enough attempts to shoot 100 threes in a season, the difference between 32% And 35% is just 3 total threes in a season. That slight of an improvement won't make him an unbelievable scorer alone.

You just love to argue, don't you?  40% is only 24 more points, but a 40% 3 shooter is definitely looked on as truly dangerous.  You know if you can keep your defender honest because he's worried about you as a three point shooter it's much easier to take it to the hole.  Quit being disingenuous;  you are a basketball coach, aren't you?

To be fair isn't Goodwin's 3pt percentage low? If the player can score, they can score. Three pointers are low percentage shots anyways and I would rather a team with phenomenal rebounding and points in the paint rather than players who can shoot the three. Most good 3 pt shooters are high 30's anyways.

From my perspective, we had JJ, Roby, Welmer, Crawford and zeke on the floor, and we were a very well above average 3pt team. However that is not a team that wins games

As a coach scouting an opponent, you tend to look at the volume iof f threes taken vs percentage. You know if he's being allowed to shoot a given amount of attempts then the coach trusts him and is making an effort to create those opportunities, so you highlight that in game preparation.  Many coaches also subscribe to the philosophy that shooting 33% from three is equivalent to 50% on 2pt attempts.  I've coached in programs that dared people to shoot threes and programs that ran people off the three point line and sometimes it was dictated by the matchup, sometimes not.

7 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Apparently there are rumors floating around that Kansas might be a factor for Tilmon. That would be a fitting end to this one.

Tilmon's dad appears to be a 'biggest duffle bag wins' guy 

or they are using KU to make it look like this wasn't already decided last week