JT requests Release from NLI

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

or they are using KU to make it look like this wasn't already decided last week

Apparently the rumor started with Gabe. He's either doing exactly what you said or he's just trying to get extra clicks, power mizzou subscriptions, etc. by acting like there is drama here.

its a done deal for mizzou. Was sealed a week ago during the dead period.

9 hours ago, kshoe said:

Apparently the rumor started with Gabe. He's either doing exactly what you said or he's just trying to get extra clicks, power mizzou subscriptions, etc. by acting like there is drama here.

Say it isn't so!  You mean Coach Integrity was skirting the rules?  According to STL Hoops, VTIME,  or whatever his current name is, Coach Integrity plays by the book.

17 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Say it isn't so!  You mean Coach Integrity was skirting the rules?  According to STL Hoops, VTIME,  or whatever his current name is, Coach Integrity plays by the book.

Can you please explain what you mean by coach integrity was skirting the rules?

I have seen no proof that coach Martin has done anything wrong unless I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.

Your a good commenter on this site so I do not mean any disrespect.

56 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Can you please explain what you mean by coach integrity was skirting the rules?

I have seen no proof that coach Martin has done anything wrong unless I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.

Your a good commenter on this site so I do not mean any disrespect.

First, I obviously was not in the room when Coach Integrity had any conversations.  So I will admit all is circumstantial.  But where do you want to start, in Seattle or in ESL. 

Talked to Coach Porter to abandon Washington, before he took the Mizzou job.  Okay, nothing wrong with that, as long as he didn't mention bringing his sons who had signed a NLI.  Do you think Coach Integrity told Porter to leave his sons with Romar?  Didn't happen. No sons, no job.  Romar was being retained by Wash until this happened.  'Sorry Romar, gotta waste ya.  But it's okay Lo, I'm doing this with the highest integrity.'

Next 'visited his sister' at ESL High School.  If he wanted to skirt any issues, he would have visited his sister at her house.  VTIme said he was there to recruit Hargrove, (during a dead period).  Immediately after this visit, Tilmon requests his release, after affirming it two days earlier.  So the word wasn'l passed around that he wanted Tilmon to abandon ship?  He didn't get word to Tilmon a scholarship awaited him?  Again, visit your sis at home, and skirt all this.  And wait until after Tilmon requests his release to be seen at his HS.

Power Mizzou's Gabe D stated on the air that Coach Integrity's staff is reviewing the GPA's of scholarship athletes to determine which ones they can throw out, and still protect the team APR.  He said they want to insure they don't get into trouble and miss the NCAA in Porter's likely only year.  He stated they need to keep the athletes below 2.65 to insure they don't get burned.  So if you are smart, you may be targeted to have your schollie pulled.   Come on!  Frankly I can't believe Gaber told this to Frank C on the air. 

Yes, circumstantial (except for what Gabe D said).  But there is a stink surrounding Coach Integrity.  He may be a stand up guy.  He may have the good of the players first and foremost in his agenda.  The next time I speak to him will be the first time.  Is this an isolated case in the NCAA barnyard?  Heavens no. It probably happens often. Has Ford bent the rules?  I have no idea.  

It's just that some posters insist Martin has high integrity and I'm not seeing it that way.  He is in the gutter with the rest of them.

10 hours ago, kshoe said:

Yep, like a good little mouthpiece just spewing what his "sources" want him to say... just like he did when he was spreading the rumor that Ford was hunting for jobs at a bunch of places including LSU. The rumors of Tillmon to SPUMAC were rampant while the kid was still bound by his LOI to Illinois. By throwing out KU as a possibility, SPUMAC is just trying to make it look like it wasn't a done deal a week ago. They will give the appearance that they have to recruit now, when in reality, the recruiting was going on while the kid signed to another school.

11 hours ago, kshoe said:

I think there could possibly be more to it than that, but we will likely find out either way fairly soon. I guess the youth across the river seem to be spreading the rumors about Kansas being the favorite, but it isn't just Gabe hearing as much. The recruiting "experts" still seem to think it will be Mizzou, but that Kansas is at least a possibility since they felt like that was the case back when he signed with Illinois.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Power Mizzou's Gabe D stated on the air that Coach Integrity's staff is reviewing the GPA's of scholarship athletes to determine which ones they can throw out, and still protect the team APR.  He said they want to insure they don't get into trouble and miss the NCAA in Porter's likely only year.  He stated they need to keep the athletes below 2.65 to insure they don't get burned.  So if you are smart, you may be targeted to have your schollie pulled.   Come on!  Frankly I can't believe Gaber told this to Frank C on the air. 

The funny thing with the APR discussion is that as a Mizzou fan if I were picking two kids from the roster who I thought could be issues with regards to low GPAs, it would have been the two kids who transferred.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

First, I obviously was not in the room when Coach Integrity had any conversations.  So I will admit all is circumstantial.  But where do you want to start, in Seattle or in ESL. 

Talked to Coach Porter to abandon Washington, before he took the Mizzou job.  Okay, nothing wrong with that, as long as he didn't mention bringing his sons who had signed a NLI.  Do you think Coach Integrity told Porter to leave his sons with Romar?  Didn't happen. No sons, no job.  Romar was being retained by Wash until this happened.  'Sorry Romar, gotta waste ya.  But it's okay Lo, I'm doing this with the highest integrity.'

Next 'visited his sister' at ESL High School.  If he wanted to skirt any issues, he would have visited his sister at her house.  VTIme said he was there to recruit Hargrove, (during a dead period).  Immediately after this visit, Tilmon requests his release, after affirming it two days earlier.  So the word wasn'l passed around that he wanted Tilmon to abandon ship?  He didn't get word to Tilmon a scholarship awaited him?  Again, visit your sis at home, and skirt all this.  And wait until after Tilmon requests his release to be seen at his HS.

Yes, circumstantial (except for what Gabe D said).  But there is a stink surrounding Coach Integrity.  He may be a stand up guy.  He may have the good of the players first and foremost in his agenda.  The next time I speak to him will be the first time.  Is this an isolated case in the NCAA barnyard?  Heavens no. It probably happens often. Has Ford bent the rules?  I have no idea.  

It's just that some posters insist Martin has high integrity and I'm not seeing it that way.  He is in the gutter with the rest of them.

So many things wrong this. There hasn't been a poster named VTIME in over a decade. Tomar was fired AFTER Martin was hired at Mizzou.  Tomar was NOT fired because if the Porter family, if anything Washington wanted to fire Tomar so badly that they were willing to lose the Porters.  It was common knowledge that Cuonzo was visiting East St Louis, and I don't think anyone would be that brazen about a violation. And the dead period is April 10-13, so it was not a dead period when he visited the school last week.

19 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think there could possibly be more to it than that, but we will likely find out either way fairly soon. I guess the youth across the river seem to be spreading the rumors about Kansas being the favorite, but it isn't just Gabe hearing as much. The recruiting "experts" still seem to think it will be Mizzou, but that Kansas is at least a possibility since they felt like that was the case back when he signed with Illinois.

KU would would offer Tilmon an option that wouldn't make it look like he was choosing one person's wishes in his inner circle over another.  KU would be Tilmon making his own decision.  

5 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

So many things wrong this. There hasn't been a poster named VTIME in over a decade. Tomar was fired AFTER Martin was hired at Mizzou.  Tomar was NOT fired because if the Porter family, if anything Washington wanted to fire Tomar so badly that they were willing to lose the Porters.  It was common knowledge that Cuonzo was visiting East St Louis, and I don't think anyone would be that brazen about a violation. And the dead period is April 10-13, so it was not a dead period when he visited the school last week.

Romar wasn't fired at UW until after Porter Sr informed the administration he wasn't returning. 

Just now, brianstl said:

Romar wasn't fired at UW until after Porter Sr informed the administration he wasn't returning. 

Don't let the facts get in the way of EastSTLComoHoops Insiders dreams of the integrity of NCAA Basketball.  Tilmon plain and simple, or I should say his handlers are looking for the best deal, which in turn is an NCAA investigation waiting to happen, for Missouri beware you are a repeat offender, not a blue blood....

Just now, keyser soze said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of EastSTLComoHoops Insiders dreams of the integrity of NCAA Basketball.  Tilmon plain and simple, or I should say his handlers are looking for the best deal, which in turn is an NCAA investigation waiting to happen, for Missouri beware you are a repeat offender, not a blue blood....

The sad thing is, if Mizzou gets in trouble, they will be on probation while we are still waiting for a penalty to be handed down to UNC. 

31 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

The funny thing with the APR discussion is that as a Mizzou fan if I were picking two kids from the roster who I thought could be issues with regards to low GPAs, it would have been the two kids who transferred.

Isn't it worse for your APR if those with low GPA's transfer? I don't totally understand the process. 

17 minutes ago, keyser soze said:

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The sad thing is, if Mizzou gets in trouble, they will be on probation while we are still waiting for a penalty to be handed down to UNC. 

Mizzou is exactly the type of school the NCAA would "throw the book at" to make it look like they give a shiit about any of this from time to time. Not a blue blood, but a big enough name that folks would take notice. God the NCAA sucks 

13 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Isn't it worse for your APR if those with low GPA's transfer? I don't totally understand the process. 

Correct. In my opinion two of the guys on the roster who I would have concerns with academically were the two that transferred. I guess the positive with these two is that they should have the talent to find a landing spot.

1 minute ago, majerus mojo said:

Mizzou is exactly the type of school the NCAA would "throw the book at" to make it look like they give a shiit about any of this from time to time. Not a blue blood, but a big enough name that folks would take notice. God the NCAA sucks 

Exactly. It takes a hell of a long time to turn around a football program. Them being in the overrated SEC is the only reason they are hanging on. The basketball program has promise but mizzou as a whole is crumbling slowly 

23 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You honestly believe that after all the decorated recruits Romar brought in over the last 15 years, that he would be fired over losing a  one and done recruit?  If there's one thing he could undoubtedly handled, it's getting prized recruits. His recent on-court success cost him the job. With his father leaving, he still would've been bound by the NLI.

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

Correct. In my opinion two of the guys on the roster who I would have concerns with academically were the two that transferred. I guess the positive with these two is that they should have the talent to find a landing spot.

I was hearing that if they had one more transfer with a low gpa they might be in trouble for being playoff eligible. 

11 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You honestly believe that after all the decorated recruits Romar brought in over the last 15 years, that he would be fired over losing a  one and done recruit?  If there's one thing he could undoubtedly handled, it's getting prized recruits. His recent on-court success cost him the job. With his father leaving, he still would've been bound by the NLI.

Take off your gold and black blinders.  Here is the sequence that you are avoiding.

1) Wash AD publicly announced Romer was coming back

2) Martin gives Dad Porter the job offer, contingent on bringing his kids

3) Martin is hired at MIzzou and announces Daddy is coming (and it is all but a done deal the entire family is coming).

4) Romar is fired.

10 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

But once MPJ left, any optimism surrounding Romar left as well. They thought having Porter was worth keeping Romar. So, in the short term, MPJ cost Romar his job. Stop being so obtuse.

One recruit. All the guys he put in the NBA. He just coached the likely top pick in the draft, and you think losing a recruit would get him fired.  Secondly, releases are usually granted when the head coach leaves, not the assistant, so Porter Jr would've still been bound by the NLI if Romar stayed and his dad left.  Zo's reputation is squeaky cleam and you tarnish only because he is coaching a fellow in-state school. 

15 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:
10 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

But once MPJ left, any optimism surrounding Romar left as well. They thought having Porter was worth keeping Romar. So, in the short term, MPJ cost Romar his job. Stop being so obtuse.

So when Romar got fired and Michael Porter Jr tweeted that he was hurt by the firing because he was looking forward to doing something special there next year...he was lying?