Injury updates 2017

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone heard anything? Seen any indication of when we might get more details here?

This seems like it should be the biggest story of the Richmond game, and there's just nothing out there, from what I can find.

fractal relationship with S2 :) 

If he can't cut and lunge sideways without risking aggravating the injury, I'd rather he didn't play.  Rest it and let it heal -- at least enough so that a brace could enable him to play without considerable risk.  This game isn't that important.  (That is, the season doesn't revolve on the outcome of this game.)

-Jeez, I don't know if they press, but if somehow the game is close and RI is not man to man all over the floor to try to wear us out I don't understand it

-JGood, don't hurt it more, let it heal and hopefully we have reinforcements soon so we can make a run in DC

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

*The above is also based on the assumption that Welmer plays this season, which looks less likely with every passing day. His situation is yet another complication and could obviously throw all the math above off by one.

I know as much as the next guy about what the future holds for Welmer (which is nothing), but the SLU roster lists him as having a medical redshirt in 2015-2016.  That potentially leaves open a 'normal redshirt' for this season.  Who knows?  By the end of his SLU career, Welmer could enough time on campus to earn a PhD. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I know as much as the next guy about what the future holds for Welmer (which is nothing), but the SLU roster lists him as having a medical redshirt in 2015-2016.  That potentially leaves open a 'normal redshirt' for this season.  Who knows?  By the end of his SLU career, Welmer could enough time on campus to earn a PhD. 

He should be able to get another waiver, and get 6 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility, since that season - and this, should he take it - were medical in nature. But he's lost all margin for error. He can't transfer without losing eligibility. He'd have to stay healthy for three full seasons, and the way this year is going, it seems to be a chronic problem. I feel bad for the guy, I feel bad for the coaches, and I feel bad for his teammates. We need him out there, and he's gotta be just dying to play.

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He should be able to get another waiver, and get 6 years to complete his 4 years of eligibility, since that season - and this, should he take it - were medical in nature. But he's lost all margin for error. He can't transfer without losing eligibility. He'd have to stay healthy for three full seasons, and the way this year is going, it seems to be a chronic problem. I feel bad for the guy, I feel bad for the coaches, and I feel bad for his teammates. We need him out there, and he's gotta be just dying to play.

I agree with what you say, but if he is on a normal academic track, he would graduate after next season, possibly with two years eligibility left.  He could then GT.  Who knows, perhaps he is on a faster track than the normal four year cycle.  But yes, let's hope his foot problems get resolved.  Having these problems in your twenties doesn't bode well when he gets older.  

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I expect him to be a full professor by the time his career is over. Maybe the next Pres of SLU if Fred continues to stumble.

HoosierPal likes this

12 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

My gosh, at 22 or 23, that is way too young for a pace maker.  I assume he can play contact sports with a pace maker, or he wouldn't have stepped back on the court.  He recovered from the surgery very quickly.  God speed young man!